PDA

View Full Version : There Is No Compassion In Liberalism

thedrifter
11-07-06, 08:02 AM
There Is No Compassion In Liberalism

http://www.corpsblog.com/media/1/20061105-luckovich2006101221628.gif

This cartoon by Mike Luckavich appeared in the Atlanta Journal Constitution showing an array of American flag draped caskets with the caption 'Rush Limbaugh said they're faking it...' is meant to be a parody of Rush Limbaugh's criticism of Michael J. Fox using his illness to promote Democrat candidates.

This is twice a callous assault; first Fox using his disease which is tragic and one he shares with many others in a political partisan manner and possibly giving false hope of stem cell research when there are other looming treatments with much better potential and secondly, for this uncaring, disrespectful cartoonist to use fallen heroes for political ends.

It's not even a valid analogy. Rush Limbaugh did not allege or even insinuate Michael Fox was 'faking it'. He accused Fox of using a disease to promote a political agenda, and that's exactly what he did. The fact he has a disease does not render him immune from criticism for being dishonest.

Mr. Luckavich and the Atlanta Journal Constitution could care less about Michael J. Fox's feelings and they could care less about the hurt they cause the families of our brave people who have given their lives in service to us all. They and their liberal cause have no conscious.

Sgt. Mike Stokley, KIA, Iraq, August 15, 2005 represents one of the occupants of the caskets in this cartoon and here is what his dad thinks of Mr. Luckavich and the AJC's callousness:

From Robert Stokley: I met the most important passenger I could possibly meet as he arrived at Hartsfield International Airport at approximately 5:00 p.m. on August 24, 2005. I welcomed him home by watching through tears as two Army Sergeants uncrate his casket and drape it with an American Flag. Airline employees watch as I, an untrained civilian, stand at attention and salute as best I could. My boy - a man greater than I shall ever be, SGT Michael James Stokely, had come home.

Webster's defines a casket as a receptacle for something highly prized and valued; a coffin, especially an expensive one. That definition is an understatement for the Stokely family and many more like us.

Mr. Luckovich's October 27, 2006 editorial parody of the Rush Limbaugh / Michael J. Fox squabble, using rows of flag draped caskets with a clown like individual saying to another "Rush Limbaugh says they're faking it" is over the top. The two have absolutely nothing to do with one another except that Mr. Luckovich is getting a two for one shot by expressing his disdain for the valuable contents of flag draped caskets as he pokes Rush Limbaugh in the eye.

The conerstone of the freedom and way of life we have in America is founded on free speech. Mr. Luckovich can express himself without having his property taken, sent to Siberia, fear of hands, genitals, or head being cut-off, daughter raped in his presence or forced to watch as his whole family is slaughtered.

That freedom cornerstone is cut with the sacrificial service of soldiers, especially those whose body comes home in a flag draped casket. Webster's got it right, for dead soldiers in flag draped caskets are highly prized and most valuable for they have done their best, giving all for America. Can the same be said of Mr. Luckovich and the AJC?

Maybe Mr. Luckovich should draw a cartoon and parody himself standing alongside West Park Baptist fanatics who mock flag draped caskets and seek to wound families of dead soldiers.May God continue to Bless America and may your blessing be so great that you suffer not the welcoming home of your valuable loved one in a way our family and many others have, and may no one mock your loss.

Robert proud dad of SGT Mike Stokely US Army
KIA by IED 16 August 05 near Yusufiyah south of Baghdad
E Troop 108th CAV 48th Brigade Georgia National Guard

Ellie

OLE SARG
11-07-06, 08:43 AM
IT IS PRETTY EVIDENT THIS LUCKOVICH ******* IS EXACTLY THAT, AN *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST HIS ARMPITS AND HIS CROTCH, IF HE HAS ONE!!!!!!!!! APPARENTLY THIS ******* IS A CARD-CARRYING MEMBER OF THE aclu!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

6yrforMar
11-07-06, 09:01 AM
Luckovich is a typical left wing *******,with the Party first attitude.These very people who`s coffins that are displayed here died for *******s like Luckovich.The likes of him do not deserve to live in this great country.calling him a ******* is kind words,he is a disgrace to his country.

Zulu 36
11-07-06, 12:59 PM
IT IS PRETTY EVIDENT THIS LUCKOVICH ******* IS EXACTLY THAT, AN *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST HIS ARMPITS AND HIS CROTCH, IF HE HAS ONE!!!!!!!!! APPARENTLY THIS ******* IS A CARD-CARRYING MEMBER OF THE aclu!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Don't forget the other ACLU ID card - the Communist Party card.