PDA

View Full Version : RE: reunion Viet Nam Vets 2nd btl 1st Mar Div

bootlace15
11-06-06, 05:18 PM
Attn. On Deck,

For all the Marines who have never gone to a reunion shame on you. I finally went to mine. It was the most rewarding thing I've ever done. It was so emotional there is very little I can say at this point. I never thought I could ever feel like I do now.

The reunion was in Washington D.C. I saw the WALL for the first time. I saw the name of my bunkie during ITR. This Marine was killed January 30,1971,2 days after I was hit with a landmine. We were in different companies,and not a day goes by that I don't think about that Marine. This took its toll on me. I found his name and said a prayer,and at the moment I was done a women Whom I do not know grabbed my hand and said you are to be blessed and thank you for serving. Man what a trip that was. I had one other person 2 weeks prior to that say thank you for serving. Those were the only 2 people that have ever said anything to me about serving. I mean never,not my mother,father,brothers,sisters or friends. Can you imagine how that felt to hear that,at that time.

I can only tell you Veterans,get active in your units,the government sure is trying to take away every thing due to us. It is so important to make the right choice when you vote tomorrow. I can not say anything else about the reunion as it is very personal.

Semper Fi,

bootlace15

FistFu68
11-06-06, 06:26 PM
:usmc: WELCOME~HOME~BROTHER!!! SEMPER~FIDELIS :usmc: