PDA

View Full Version : Well...Shucks

BFDslayer
11-05-06, 01:41 AM
I honestly dont know where (or if they are appropiate) to put new member intoductions, this place seemed as good as any, if its not you dont need to ask to move it.

Ill give it to ya straight, Im a 16 year old Marine wannabe, now Ill tell you why. I respect the Marines with every ounce of my being, for multiple reasons. and i do wish to say you have my eternal and undying gratitude, thats why as soon as I hit 17 im signing up at the local recruiting center. I cannot explain it rationally other then I wish to serve my family, and friends, and most importantly of all, the country in which we all live. Ive started (or at least tried my best) to do the PCP training every day untill im ready for Boot, so far the results have been...less than spectacular. When I think of the Marines, I am filled with a pride and a burning passion that cannot be explained. I hope I have your support in all of this. any advice on the opening day of Boot, the daily schedule, Marine training centers. physical and intellectual requirements would be greatly appreciated.

yellowwing
11-05-06, 01:50 AM
Welcome aboard Steve. Your desire is a common one that has been around for over 200 years. We just can't imagine a life not being a Marine.

To start, I will move your post from
"The Slop Shute Belly up to the bar and shoot the breeze with your fellow Marines"
over to
"POOL (ee) HALL A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp."

This is entrusting that you will eventually DEP. Until then read through the welcome 'sticky' post in the POOL (ee) Hall.

Ask any question, we have collectively hundreds of years of real experience. We can even make good suggestions on that PT program.

jinelson
11-05-06, 10:15 AM
Welcome Aboard Steve!

Tallboot
11-05-06, 11:47 AM
I had the same problem earlier in my stage of wanting to be a Marine. Lack of Motovation, Energy and Lazyness were my symptoms. Cures i found for it are, Listen to your favorite music pick up some weights and PUSH!! .. when you start to say "but but im too ... tired/sick/worried/busy .." Tell yourself to Shut the hell up and PUSH, Get in Habit of Pting every Morning or afternoon, and atleast a little bit before you go to sleep everynight. You gota want it to get it -- Matt

BFDslayer
11-05-06, 02:25 PM
Well, my Stepfather has a friend who is a retired D.I. if im lucky he will be more than happy to give me the proper arse whooping if i begin to lack in my workout duties.

devildoghopeful
11-05-06, 02:43 PM
Wow, that sounds like an awesome motivation scheme - a retired Drill Instructor. Don't let that opportunity pass you by if it's offered.

Also, this Drill Instructor would probably be a great source of Marine Corps info and knowledge as well as tips for bootcamp and sea stories.

Good luck with your PT!

AmyG
11-05-06, 10:09 PM
Welcome, Steve. Good to see another motivated wannabe. Be sure to keep PT'ing, especially running, drink LOTS of water, stay out of trouble, and do good in school. The more knowledge you have stored in your grape, the more options you'll have in the Corps. Sure, needs of the Corps still applies, but you might get an ounce more leeway.

Hobson
11-06-06, 01:39 AM
Well, my Stepfather has a friend who is a retired D.I. if im lucky he will be more than happy to give me the proper arse whooping if i begin to lack in my workout duties.

Please do not abbreviate out of respect for your stepdad and all other Drill Instructors, they have all earned the privelage to wear the smokey bear cap and their title should be spelled out! Just like we don't say, "Once a M always an M."

Aye?

BFDslayer
11-07-06, 08:35 AM
aye sir