PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!!

AmyG
11-04-06, 10:25 AM
I'm a MARINE! Tell you what...feels GOOD! And to all you poolees...If I can do it, you can do it. Recruit Training is only as hard as you make it. The more you just shut up and do as your told, the more "easier" it gets. You'll be learning something new instead of relearning what you already know. "When the mind fails to comprehend, the body must be punished." So true! A lot of things you couldn't understand, or didn't think you could understand, suddenly become very clear after a couple trips to the Pit or the quarterdeck. LOL. Never give up. Even when your mind says you can't, your body will keep going. Your body can take more than you think it can. I know!

The Title is worth all of it. The IT'ing, the running, the shouting and screaming, the pain, all of it. It just makes it more memorable.

Obelisk
11-04-06, 11:25 AM
Congratulations! And thanks for the encouragement, too :D

Here's one, on the house :beer:

devildoghopeful
11-04-06, 12:53 PM
Congratulations Marine! You've advanced to a higher level of existence! Got any good Drill Instructor quotes for us?

ribbons16
11-04-06, 01:57 PM
CONGRATS AMY! Finally your home...I graduated from boot camp the day you guys were getting back from the Crucible. Yup rough and tough Oscar Company...too bad...you were in nasty papa..jk jk...but you know how it rolls....enjoy your leave...I'm heading off to MCT on Monday...just finished off REcruiters assistance

Marine Shu
11-04-06, 02:16 PM
Congratulations, and thanks for the moto.

rktect3j
11-04-06, 02:47 PM
Congrats Marine.

Semper Fi.

jinelson
11-04-06, 03:02 PM
Congratulations Marine and welcome home. I requested your status change to Marine. Enjoy your leave you earned it.

Semper Fi

Jim :)

Hobson
11-04-06, 04:46 PM
Congratulations, welcome to the brotherhood! Thank you for the moto on these poolees! Enjoy your leave Marine, you've earned it.

Semper Fi.

Marine84
11-04-06, 09:06 PM
Congratulations Amy - welcome home!

AmyG
11-04-06, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome home, everyone! It's great to be back. It's weird too, but it's great. I'm a person again!! lol.

yellowwing
11-05-06, 12:03 AM
I'm a person again!! lol. You are more than that now, Semper Fi Marine! :usmc:

kovanfleet
11-05-06, 12:22 AM
Congrates! I just got back too, Delta Co. Plt. 1089. nice cold grad. we had there.

hunter06
11-05-06, 02:37 AM
Congrats. I graduated with you to. Delta Co. Plt 1090. It feels great.

AmyG
11-05-06, 09:53 PM
Cold doesn't even begin to describe it! lol. It was kinda funny seein' all those people in the bleachers all bundled up and freezin', and then there we were standin' tall and proud in our Charlies. Loved it.

christine_06
11-07-06, 06:27 PM
hey Amy, how many times did DI Sgt Estremera almost throw a foot locker at someone during our core value classes, it seemed that she always got ****ed off at anyone who asked a "stupid" question.

Adam1988
11-07-06, 10:05 PM
Congratulations! Posts like these keep my motivation alive.

rb1651
11-08-06, 08:48 AM
Congrats on earning the Title Marine. Darn proud of you and I am honored to call you Marine!

DaveXIII90
11-08-06, 09:52 AM
Congrats. Yesterday while I was doing the ever-so-often myspace check, I realized that your picture had changed on your profile- and it was darn obvious you just earned the title. I dont know if you remember, but right before you left for boot, I sent you a PM telling you how proud I was to see another female take the challenge-I told you I knew you would make it through, and I was right. CONGRATS!

AmyG
11-08-06, 12:01 PM
Thanks again, all of you. I'm honored to be one of the Few, the Proud.

Christine, there were no stupid questions...just really stupid people! lol! And it was never really the questions that angered DI Sgt Estremera. It was the scratching, the moving around, the falling asleep. She's all about the discipline! She was awesome. I shall never yawn with my mouth open again!!

christine_06
11-08-06, 02:05 PM
I know what you mean, there was always someone sleeping in her class, well actually in all the classes, l.o.l. There was definetly some memorable moments about the SDI's and DI's. hope you're enjoying your time on leave.

tntmondy
11-08-06, 04:54 PM
Congrats on earning the title.

jinelson
11-08-06, 05:51 PM
This is outstanding six out of six of our Poolee Pups have come back as Marine Devil Dogs on the same date. Congratulations Manhatton0909, AmyG, christine_06, kovanfleet, K8 Mac and hunter06 you are now the legacy of the Corps. We also have several due to graduate on this friday on our Corps birthday.

Semper Fi

Jim

Marine84
11-08-06, 06:15 PM
hey Amy, how many times did DI Sgt Estremera almost throw a foot locker at someone during our core value classes, it seemed that she always got ****ed off at anyone who asked a "stupid" question.

:) You'll find you will too sugar...............HAHAHAHA!

J-Ro
11-08-06, 10:35 PM
Congrats!

Marine

Tallboot
02-22-09, 08:19 AM
ive been gone so long, just now checking this stuff out lol. 2 years later