PDA

View Full Version : Crucible test

abridgeforth200
11-03-06, 02:18 PM
Hello,
I hope I am in the right place. My son is at MCRDSD and has just completed the crucible, and he talks in code most of the time, I am wondering what the reaper is and what does that entail? Any response would be appreciated I haven't spoken to him since the day he left.

Wolfman07
11-03-06, 03:01 PM
Correct me if Im wrong because I have not been there yet, but a couple of my buddies did just graduate and they said its a very large hill/mountain they are required to hump up with full packs during the cruicble at the end of second phase.

Hobson
11-03-06, 04:31 PM
Wolfman is correct.

STA0311
11-03-06, 05:01 PM
If he is infantry...and goes to SOI out there, then he may have the wonderful opportunity to RUN that hill...but thats only if his SOI instructors are anything like mine were!

abridgeforth200
11-03-06, 05:45 PM
he will be training for aircraft mechanic, he is in Phase III now. He doesn't explain any of the anacronyms that he uses so I was wonderring I have figured out a few but not many. I knew the Crucible was difficult, but he never mentioned the Reaper until his last letter. So thanks :)

Whizdumb
11-04-06, 05:50 PM
Haha, get used to it. Soon he will be using more acronyms that you can keep up with. You'll just be nodding your head as he speaks! It may seem as if he has been brainwashed, and you may be right, but I am sure your son will do fine. I wish him the best of luck. Congratulations to you and your son.

Semper FI
Sgt P

Marine84
11-04-06, 09:10 PM
Hello,
I hope I am in the right place. My son is at MCRDSD and has just completed the crucible, and he talks in code most of the time, I am wondering what the reaper is and what does that entail? Any response would be appreciated I haven't spoken to him since the day he left.

Congratulations Mom - that means he's almost done :banana:

abridgeforth200
11-05-06, 09:13 AM
Thank you for your support, it has been a long 11 weeks. I am proud of him!!

Marine84
11-05-06, 09:59 AM
That's cool...............when is graduation? Next Friday? You wait til you see him.............everything you tried to teach him all of his life like: standing up straight, saying yes/no ma'am/sir to anybody his senior, table manners (well.........the majority of them get out of that) - the Marines will have "polished" in just 3 months! It's AMAZING the change it makes in us.

Congratulations again - you're a Marine Mom now!

abridgeforth200
11-06-06, 09:04 AM
I was telling I think it's Jerry that I am extremely excited to see my new Marine. i can tell he has changed by his letters not only mentally but physically too. And yes I am proud to be a Marine Mom. T minus 16 for me OORAH!!

Marine84
11-06-06, 05:15 PM
Then you get to look forward to the "strange kids" that will start coming home with him every holliday and you get to cook for them all. My Mom LOVED it! When I was in Japan I didn't get to come home that year for Christmas - my Mom boxed up something for EVERYBODY I had talked about while I was there - even a box of cigars for all of the guys.

You'll spend more money on him now than you ever did when he was at home and will have a good time doing it.

abridgeforth200
11-07-06, 08:35 AM
He has already asked me to cook, in fact he said when I go to graduation he wants me to cook him brownies, I said where....in the hotel? Funny! And that is also funny you mention the boxed food, he wanted me to send 79 power bars for him and his brothers, I 'll have to take a food drive but I told him I would. I also have his best friend, a Marine (my other son) in Florida, he might be coming home to see me, and another soldier in Iraq, she is also coming home too, so my house will be full, and yes I LOVE IT!!!!