PDA

View Full Version : Color Blindness?

Shipping070604
11-02-06, 08:48 PM
To be in the Marine Corps has been my dream as long as I can remember, and i finally got to DEP in a few months ago. I always wanted to do Force Recon. But, due to color blindness I found out I couldn't unless I somehow get a medical waiver while in SOI. So the next best thing to me sounded like FAST Company. So I now have chose the Security Forces option and am hoping to get into FAST company. I am highly motivated and can almost do a perfect PFT but I just heard from someone that you can't get into FAST company if your color blind...I was just wondering if that is true or not and if i can get a waiver for it if it is true?

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-02-06, 09:39 PM
You won't get a waiver, and as far as I know FAST is off limits to color blind people.

Shipping070604
11-02-06, 10:13 PM
ohhh...really....well thanks for letting me know and clearing that up for me.

sabbs88
11-03-06, 05:42 PM
Tell me more about FAST. I believe its a secondary MOS? Is it hard to get into like Presidential Support (prp)? Thanks.

-Dan

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-03-06, 07:16 PM
Yes it is hard to get into. No, FAST doesn't hold its own primary MOS. And you won't read much about it because of the mission it does, but some info is there if you go to google.