PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Music

ed kostiuk
11-02-06, 09:25 AM
Ladies and Gentleman
I currently have a State cell phone (Nokia) which has the ISP of Cingular...I am trying to find someone who can download the Marine Corps Hymn where it play when the phone rings. Can anyone assist me with this? Please contact me at my work e-mail address

Ed Kostiuk

Emergency Management Coordinator

ESF8 State & Region VI Liaison Officer

EdK@health.ok.gov

Terrorism Preparedness & Response Service

Oklahoma State Dept. of Health

(405) 271-0900

3531marine
11-02-06, 11:17 AM
Ed take it to a cingular store and they will download it for a 1$.99.

ed kostiuk
11-02-06, 11:31 AM
Thank you

quillhill
11-02-06, 02:22 PM
Woah, woah. Pay for a ringer? Hold on. I have Cingular. Let me see if you can even get the Marine Corps Hymn from Cingular's ring tone selections first before you go to a Cingular store only to get a blank stare.

quillhill
11-02-06, 02:39 PM
OK. So it is in their catalog. You can either get an MP3 version for $2.49 (which is a clip of the actual song) or a midi (which sounds like computer music). <br />
<br />
I just would avoid going to the...

rktect3j
11-02-06, 02:49 PM
ok ok ok. STOP. About face Marines and friends.

It is not the Marine Corps Hymn.

It is:

The Marines Hymn

From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli;
We fight our country’s battles
In the air, on land, and sea;
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean;
We are proud to claim the title
Of United States Marine.

Our flag’s unfurl’d to ev’ry breeze
From dawn to setting sun;
We have fought in ev’ry clime and place
Where we could take a gun;
In the snow of far off Northern lands
And in sunny tropic scenes;
You will find us always on the job—
The United States Marines.

Here’s health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we’ve fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

Now who has it, I'd like it as well?

booksbenji
11-02-06, 03:40 PM
http://www.matrixm.com/asp/media/ringers/default.asp?genreid=12&mediatype=9&sortid=3

quillhill
11-03-06, 02:17 PM
booksbenji, I can't get that link to work ...

I have reveille on my phone, heh, for use as an alarm. Heh.

And many apologies rktekt3j, I realized that wasn't the proper name after posting. Forgive a nasty civilian? :)

I will continue to research this for my dear friends and Marines.

ed kostiuk
11-03-06, 02:34 PM
Gentleman, we can stop the thread...I was able to locate and download for less than $3.00

K

quillhill
11-03-06, 02:38 PM
Did you purchase it from Cingular?

Camper51
11-03-06, 05:08 PM
There are others that can use this info, major. It helped me download my tunes on Verizon. I previewed several tunes before I found one that sounded acceptable to me. I did not want that tinny sounding computer music version, I wanted one that at least sounded authentic, like a real band was playing. Finally found one I liked and it was only $1.99.

Us old goats who know nothing about these fancy newfangled phones and such always need some help, ya know...

Heck my phone has a camera I haven't fully figgered out yet, ha ha ha

quillhill
11-03-06, 05:17 PM
And I am, as a hobby I suppose, a bit of a cell phone geek. I have a two-line account with Cingular, a T-Mobile pre-paid line and have also used Sprint and Verizon. So, I am happy to help anybody who has questions about cell phones.

I don't buy ringers from Cingular. I think they get enough money from me as it is. I try and find free ringers. Or I visit a site that I like where I can pay two bucks for a one month subscription and get unlimited downloads. Or now, with Bluetooth, I just send ringers from an old phone to a new phone when I get a new toy. Eventually I'm going to figure out how to make my own. Then I can Bluetooth them from my computer to my phone. Aaah, that will be nice.

Oh, sorry. Off on a tangent. If you happen to have a newer Blackberry (I carry a 7130c these days) then I know a great site where you can download free MP3 ringers. If you want to know the site, you can PM me. :)