PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

yellowwing
10-31-06, 07:52 PM
The guy on the radio just brought up a good point about Halloween.

All our lives our parents told us and we've told our kids, "Don't talk to strangers, and DO NOT take candy from strangers!"

But once a year, "Go ahead Jimmy, I don't know who lives there, but knock on his door and maybe he'll give you a candy bar!" :bunny:

STA0311
11-01-06, 07:23 AM
It was so much fun having those kids come to the house...I had my Ghillie Suit on and got cammied up. I think I scared more parents than kids! Chased them into the road etc...it was a blast!

Osotogary
11-01-06, 07:59 AM
A number of years ago, when I was married and the now ex and the sons went out "trick or treating", I got a white t-shirt, smeared it with catsup, placed my t-square in the inside and stuck a very large kitchen knife in the back of the t-square so that it looked like I had been stabbed in the back. Everytime a group of kids came bye trick or treating I would open the door very slowly and mention to them that I wasn't feeling too good but that I would be right back with the candy. Then I'd open the front door a little more so that they could see me in good light, then I would turn my back to them, with the kitchen knife in my back, and fall on the floor. Keeeryst, you should have heard the screams. I'd then get up quickly and give them all candy...the ones that stayed around.
All that was fine and good until I heard the ex and the sons approach. Instead of opening the door for them I left the door slighty open and went into the living room and layed, face down, on the floor. The sheeet really hit the fan when they came through the door; there was crying and screaming.
I don't know if they were happy or not to see that I was alive, as pizzed off as they were. My only defense. "Hey, couldn't you smell the catsup?" I guess not. LOL(in retrospect)
This year? Only our neighbors- two children; a spiderman and a princess and their father, who was dessed up like an infant, sucking on a baby bottle that was filled with vodka and orange juice. The rest of the neighborhood? Who knows. Maybe it is a sign of the transient times.
Adios.
Gary

thedrifter
11-01-06, 08:07 AM
I couldn't believe how many Marines were feeling sick last night...

This nurse took care of them;) :D

Ellie