PDA

View Full Version : off to cax they go ,

judy
10-26-06, 09:07 AM
\

My son and others lefted today to fun at 29 stumps
so he will be there for the holiday coming up , do they or will they dosomething for them there ?
what about the M ARINE CORP BIRTHDAY ?
will the take time while training?

he said they will be staying tents ?Why ?

I thought they had barracks there too!

so does that mean he gets MRES too?
they do have a CHOW hall ? so why Mres?

wish i knew more about this one

thanks for any info

would love to chat with others that have family going there too !

judy, vpmm
Marine MOM!
:confused:

killerinstinct
10-26-06, 09:38 AM
i kjnow they have a little E club over there.. So im sure on their off time they will be enjoying some good times

lucien2
10-26-06, 09:39 AM
Judy, I have been on 5 CAX's during my tour of duty in the Corps, so I know a liitle something about them. First, he will be staying at Camp Wilson, it is a staging and housing area for Marines involved in the CAX, and It's about 20 miles from mainside (I walked it once at 2am!). They have semi-permanent or permanent barracks there now from what I understand, we were housed in GP tents but that was 24 years ago! He will have access to the main base for shopping and eating, but there will be a mess hall at Camp Wilson. Judy, don't think they are sticking your son in the middle of the Mojave with no resources, he will have fun ( I always did). Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions send me a PM.

Lucien

STA0311
10-26-06, 10:07 AM
CAX 2-99...Camp Wilson Metal A Frames for housing, an outside chow hall forwhen we werent in the field that consisted of a line of hot chow and picnic tables under cammie netting. Ah...but the nights of DOC low crawling back from the "Warrior Club" and acting like a phantom warrior. Plus the "Desert Avenger" that consisted of a Marine wearing...Kevlar, Poncho, Dust Goggles, and Shower Shoes...and thats it. (The poncho was his cape). He ran into the OOD on his rounds and had to report in to the Bn CO..as is! The memories are great!

jryanjack
10-26-06, 11:54 AM
Did CAX 3/4 88, 89, and 90 - they were great. Its cold in the desert in January!

E-club consited of an RV selling beer and the rest was outside. Activities involved acquiring other unit's cots and hiding them in the head; getting into fights with 3rd tanks mainside; and going to vegas in between CAX's (we deployed for both CAXs).

outlaw3179
10-26-06, 12:35 PM
Ahhhh Cax lol....Yes this is where I was E-tool qualified and where many a game was played after coming back from the warrior club. lol...good times.

David Jameson
10-26-06, 12:57 PM
Yes Judy ,Even if they are in the field they will have a good time 10 NOV