PDA

View Full Version : Just Got back from MCT East

Rdy2gopoolie
10-26-06, 06:24 AM
If you all have any questions about MCT East or Pensacola, FL feel free to ask. Also anyone know how to change the screen name?

ssgtt32
10-26-06, 08:17 AM
can't help about the screen name, but welcome home and congradulations Marine!

Maurice

Master Sephiroth
10-26-06, 12:51 PM
Send a private message to Shaffer. He'll do it

Barret
10-26-06, 05:43 PM
Congratulations, sir. What is your MOS? Thanks.

Rdy2gopoolie
10-27-06, 04:51 PM
Alright, Cool. Thanks Lionheart. Barret- My MOS is 5900M basically thats an air traffic control tower repair guy person. BTW you dont have to call me "sir" but thanks. You'll have plenty of time to say that once you get to PI or SD.

WanderWannabe
10-27-06, 05:15 PM
How was MCT, honestly?

Barret
10-27-06, 05:52 PM
Sorry about that, I just feel kind of wierd saying "Congrats Marine" like I'm a member of the brotherhood already.

mincj
10-28-06, 07:35 AM
Yes..i'm leaving to mct this monday and would like to know what MCT is going to be like...O_o

rozzlinnenas
10-28-06, 06:08 PM
can you call or receive letters while at MCT?

LoCapitano
10-29-06, 12:34 AM
Depending how cool your combat instructors are they will allow you to make phone calls.... Mine let me make a 20 minute phone call cause i got a perfect score on the second test...

And yes you can recieve letters

and RDY, How long have you been in NAS Pensacola?

Radiofantry
10-30-06, 06:59 PM
I'm in MOS school in 29 stumps right now, and so I can answer any questions you might have about MCT West or 29 Palms and the Comm Schools.

There is a substantial difference between MCT East and West: West gets 8 hours of liberty on each of the 3 Sundays that you're there, which includes access to your cell phones, mp3 players, PSPs, etc. East doesn't get that, from what I've heard from the wrong coasters here.

As far as mail goes, no one really got mail in MCT. You're not there long enough to really worry about it, and you get the once a week phone calls, so.. I mean, you can write and recieve mail, but there was one guy who had his parents mail out some cammies and stuff and they ended up not getting there before we shipped here and he still hasn't got them. It takes a long time for mail to catch up with you in the Marine Corps.