PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to put the USMC sticker on my car?

Accord
10-25-06, 11:34 PM
In my Welcome Aboard Package there was a USMC sticker for my car, I did not put it on my car because I have not earned the title and earned my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor yet. So a few days ago my recruiter saw me pull into the parking lot and asked me why I didn't have the sticker on my car, and I told him because I haven't earned the title yet, and he told me to put it on there.

Should I do what my recruiter said and put it on even though the sticker is the official USMC seal with the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor... or should I not put it on my car until I have earned the title?

The last thing I want is to be driving down the road and have a Marine mistake me for a Marine when i'm really not one yet and haven't earned that EGA which is on the sticker.

Yeah, it's just a sticker, but I think it's a lot more. I'm even hesitant to wear my poolee shirt in public because it has an EGA on it and I haven't earned it yet.

:usmc:

jinelson
10-25-06, 11:59 PM
John this same question was asked several years ago and I will answer it the same to you today as I did back then. First keep in mind that this is my opinion and opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one. You are a sworn Poolee in the DEP, your recruiter is your NCOIC, you have been issued a eagle globe and anchor sticker. Your NCOIC has told you to put the sticker on your car, simply comply with his command. The Corps issued the stickers and shirts for a reason they are a recruiting tool, so dont question it and dont feel bad. Believe it or not there is a reason for everything done in the Corps whether everyone agrees with that reason or not. You will never get in trouble for following the lawful order of a NCO.

Accord
10-26-06, 12:20 AM
John this same question was asked several years ago and I will answer it the same to you today as I did back then. First keep in mind that this is my opinion and opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one. You are a sworn Poolee in the DEP, your recruiter is your NCOIC, you have been issued a eagle globe and anchor sticker. Your NCOIC has told you to put the sticker on your car, simply comply with his command. The Corps issued the stickers and shirts for a reason they are a recruiting tool, so dont question it and dont feel bad. Believe it or not there is a reason for everything done in the Corps whether everyone agrees with that reason or not. You will never get in trouble for following the lawful order of a NCO.
Good to hear, thank you.

I will put it on tomorrow.

jackson07
10-26-06, 07:16 AM
Another few words, your recruiter helped you enlist. The least you can do is wear a few motto shirts, and put your sticker on your car. Talk to your friends and give him referals. We should try to help make their job easier in any way possible. They have one of the hardest, if not the hardest, job in the Marine Corps.

Master Sephiroth
10-26-06, 07:34 AM
Nothing wrong with showing pride in the Corps you're about to serve in.

David Jameson
10-26-06, 07:51 AM
John ,Put the frigin sticker on your car and wear your shirt .Its OK

lovdog
10-26-06, 11:55 AM
John:

I can see your concern reagarding this issue - my suggestion:

Put the sticker on your car!
Wear your shirt proudly!
Add a Pittsburgh Steeler Ball Cap -
Now you have the best of both worlds!!!

SF

thedrifter
10-26-06, 12:43 PM
John:

I can see your concern reagarding this issue - my suggestion:

Put the sticker on your car!
Wear your shirt proudly!
Add a Pittsburgh Steeler Ball Cap -
Now you have the best of both worlds!!!

SF

Come On lovedog...

You know he has to wear those Eagles;) :D

Ellie

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-26-06, 12:53 PM
My truck looked like a rolling recruiting command before I went to boot camp. I think there were 7 stickers total. The recruiter kept giving them to me, so they kept getting slapped on the truck. Now, I am at a much more reasonable level... only two!

yellowwing
10-26-06, 01:10 PM
he told me to put it on there.
I've been known to make things complicated, but that seems straight forward. ;)

But you may have complications getting a SAINTS cap!

Accord
10-26-06, 04:29 PM
Thanks guys.

I put it on the car this morning :).

jackson07
10-26-06, 06:24 PM
WAY TO GO :thumbup: More support for the Corps.

oneshot649
10-29-06, 08:08 PM
my view is that as long as you don't call yourself a Marine, or pretend to be a BT Marine, you're fine. I can't say for sure, since i don't claim the title for myself, yet ;), but pride in the Corps is one of the biggest things that brings us, and keeps us all together. Anything that can inspire more pride in what we've committed ourselves to becoming a part of can only help.

WJason777
10-30-06, 05:55 AM
Speaking of stickers and T Shirts, i was wondering is it ok to get the USMC symbol tattoo on my arm after boot camp?

jackson07
10-30-06, 07:21 AM
I assume you are talking about the EGA (eagle, globe and anchor). The answer to your question is do as you please, but most Marines will tell you to get it after you get done at SOI (MCT or ITB).