PDA

View Full Version : Worst thing happened today!

PooleeWill
10-24-06, 09:22 PM
Yeah today I had a real bad day. I went to the gym as usual and did my running, weight lifting, and then went to the sauana becuase thats my routine I do everyday. Well I was in the sauana longer than usual about 45 minutes or so and came out feeling fine. Well I went into the locker room and all of a sudden I had this feeling like I was going to puke (and felt dizzy too). Then what happened was, I ended up passing out on the floor and hitting my head and stood up in a daze with about 4 people around me saying "are you okay?" "do we need to call 911?" and I sat down and laid down. A doctor that works out there happened to be in the locker room. He said more in likely I passed out from sitting in the sauna too long (he told the medical term for it) but basicly he called my mom to come get me. I asked him if I should go get it checked out he said I should be fine. I have had blood tests last year and everything to make sure I was fine before leaving and have never had any serious medical problems before. Also I ate enough food for today and drank more than enough water. Is there anything that I should be worried about? Another thing is after one of the guy's gave me some gatorade and water I felt a lot bettter. I guess it just scared me never felt that way before. He asked me lots of common questions like how I felt before I passed out, took my pulse, what I ate and if I ate enough, and how much water I drank.

Barret
10-24-06, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you just let your body sweat a little too much. This really sounds like something that the body can repair itself over in a few hours.

You probably have nothing to worry about, but hey, I'm no doctor. Keep a positive outlook, it's not the worst thing that can happen. MUCH worse things can happen to a person.

Brass
10-24-06, 09:30 PM
The simple sugars in the gatorade helped you a lot. I'm not going to say heat stroke, but something along the lines of that happened to you. You're fine. Just stay hydrated, and don't spend so much time with the hot rocks a simmerin'.

PooleeWill
10-24-06, 09:30 PM
Sounds like you just let your body sweat a little too much. This really sounds like something that the body can repair itself over in a few hours.

You probably have nothing to worry about, but hey, I'm no doctor. Keep a positive outlook, it's not the worst thing that can happen. MUCH worse things can happen to a person.

funny you mention about sweat, I do normally sweat alot like after a 10 minute run il be drenched in sweat.

Barret
10-24-06, 09:33 PM
I know what you're taking about. I've always sweat alot since I was a very little kid. Doesn't take me too much to get a good sweat going. But, it's not any sort of medical condition.

Bret
10-24-06, 09:35 PM
Humm, not sure what to say about that one. I know I have stayed in one of those for a long time before without any probs. I heard its not a good idea to do that but I was young and stupid and didnt care at the time. So I dont know what to really say. Just take care of urself and learn from ur mistakes. :thumbup:

PooleeWill
10-24-06, 09:42 PM
I heard if stuff like this happens in boot camp they will take your core tempature.......

Accord
10-24-06, 10:45 PM
On a serious note, have you been to MEPS yet and already sworn in? I would not want to have to explain this incident to a doctor at MEPS, it would be a death sentence as far as getting the MEPS doctors to approve you. Consider it a blessing and just thank god that you're 100% fine now and nobody called 911 so nothing about this incident is in your medical records.

PooleeWill
10-24-06, 10:56 PM
already been to MEPS once everything was a okayed and passed. By the way Accord did you get my P.M?

hawks
10-24-06, 11:01 PM
You probably just sweated way to much and did not replace any of the liquids in time. Don't go in the sauna, but if you have to, only stay in for like 10-15 minutes.

Accord
10-24-06, 11:25 PM
already been to MEPS once everything was a okayed and passed. By the way Accord did you get my P.M?
Yeah I got the PM, I just plan to write a really in-depth reply and don't have time tonight, expect a reply probably tomorrow.

PooleeWill
10-24-06, 11:27 PM
Yeah I got the PM, I just plan to write a really in-depth reply and don't have time tonight, expect a reply probably tomorrow.

thanks I saw that you had signed off earlier thats why I had asked if you got the pm. Thanks for your time though can't wait to read hehehehe!

Rockabilly
10-25-06, 12:16 AM
Do you know how much weight you sweated off?, you body can only stand to lose 10-15 lbs depending on your actual weight