PDA

View Full Version : Doorway Pullup Bars

hawks
10-23-06, 10:59 PM
This is to anyone that has one of those pull up bars, would i be able to put it in my door way and not worry about it tearing anything off? I live in an apartment in a college town where everything is a little shady and don't think that any of the doorways in the apartment could support a pullup bar, and i weight just around 200 lbs. Anyone have any bad luck with these or are they pretty stable?

oneshot649
10-23-06, 11:03 PM
my friend has one in his basement that's intact and he's over 200. matter of fact, i think i'll have to get one of those myself..

Smalcom
10-23-06, 11:42 PM
mine holds up to 400 lbs... however, if u think the doorway wont hold idk... try not to put it in a doorway with a metal threshold dividing the floor, my friends broke and he shattered one of his knee caps on it.

Kildars
10-24-06, 12:06 AM
What is the price difference between buying a real pullup bar that sits on the ground vs one you attach?

Poskew
10-24-06, 08:03 AM
I weigh 220 and had one in my doorway in a college apartment type area also. Held me up fine.

TylerA23
10-24-06, 02:37 PM
I have one of the door way pull up bars, I love it , found it at Academy Sports and Outdoors ... for $4.99... cant beat that price... love it never hit my head, now if you can barely walk through the doorway as it is.. you might hit your head.. but i'm 5'11, and I have plenty of clearance