10-23-06, 08:02 AM
October 23, 2006, 6:09 a.m. <br />
<br />
The Wonders of Hindsight <br />
Looking back is a sure way to stumble. <br />
<br />
By Victor Davis Hanson <br />
<br />
Most of the blame game being played over the Iraqi occupation — and always...

yellowwing
10-23-06, 11:05 AM
For all the Democrats loud criticism, if they do regain Congress, they would probably rely on the present expertise of a Khalizad, Abizaid, or Petraeus, and not the often quoted wisdom of three years past of a Gen. Shinseki or Zinni. I doubt they will bring back Gen. Wesley Clark to fix the “mess.” They will either have to cut off funds, ensure a pull out before the end of the year, and then watch real blood sport as reformers are butchered; or they will have to trust that our present military and civilian leadership has learned the hard lessons of three years in Iraq, and can find a way to stabilize the nascent democracy.
NO! If I was a Democratic party chief I'd let the Administration do what it wants in Iraq. I would put a huge domestic price tag on approving $90 billlion dollar requests to continue to fight the war.

With the Administration motivated to do the right thing in Iraq, cutting a deal would be easier. That way The DNC looks good supporting the troops.

Hard bargaining to get funding for DNC domestic programs, paves the way to look good for the 2008 elections.