PDA

View Full Version : Ears, open. Eyeballs, click.

gregba02
10-22-06, 04:27 PM
If any pool-ees want to watch a, as good as it gets video of boot camp, or if any marines just want to brink back old memories. Then, I recommend you purchase the video Ears, open. Eyeballs, click. It's one of the best videos i've seen that actually details the life at MCRD. I dont think I can post up the website where u can purchase the video. However if anyone is interested just PM me and i'll let you know where you can go and purchase this outstanding video. It's real motivating and made me feel like at was at boot camp all over again.
:evilgrin:

Bret
10-22-06, 06:05 PM
YES it is a good film! I really enjoyed watchin it and glad that I bought it!

SamJohnston
10-23-06, 08:03 PM
Exellent movie.

Barret
10-23-06, 08:44 PM
I loved it. I've gotta say, there are some pretty funny moments, though they won't be too funny when I'm going through them.

One of the funniest/craziest parts is where the Drill Instructor is screaming at a recruit, and they both walk fastly out of the camera shot. about 20 seconds later, out of nowhere, you see the DI CHASING the recruit into a building.

jackson07
10-24-06, 06:42 PM
I like the part where the recruit asks if he can have seconds after the Cruicible (I believe) and the DI says something along the lines of "after your platoon mates eat, they are hungry too. We will announce it."

Drehzahl7
10-31-06, 05:49 PM
where did you guys get this movie?

Barret
10-31-06, 06:11 PM
www.canaanbrumley.com

gregba02
11-01-06, 12:45 PM
You can also get it now at SRG. Grits magazine...just go to SRGGRIT.COM...

ttown
11-30-06, 05:14 PM
can someone post this movie to download please

Camper51
11-30-06, 05:26 PM

What are you? Some kind of thief? Go find the movie and PAY for the d*mn thing like everyone else. I suppose you steal music from the internet, too.

Maybe when you produce a product and earn money from it's sales you will understand the concept.

And YES it is STEALING plain and simple. It violates a Marine's core values.

Think about it...

thedrifter
12-01-06, 06:23 AM
I feel the Love...;)

Ellie

FreedomDog
12-01-06, 01:45 PM
My friend and I just recently bought it and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Looks like an awesome movie, without the censored crap. Can't wait to watch it.

Drehzahl7
12-01-06, 04:22 PM
awesome movie... really really awesome.. might scare people off from brrot camp.. but it motivated me.. im excited .. at least for now..

SgtHMH
12-01-06, 04:43 PM
"GI Beans and GI Gravie, GI Wish I joined The Navy" Not puke. "Around her neck she wears a gold neckles, and if you ask the why the hell she wears it she wears it for her young Marine so far far away, far far away'

"Ain't no point and looking down ain't no six pack on the ground"

There are all kinds of Boot Camp films, but being there and becoming a true blooded Marine is a whole differant story in it self. It is the the twilight zone, it is The United States Marine Corps Recruit Depot.

Semper Fi Do or Die

Sgt. S.J. Hoss

Camper51
12-01-06, 04:48 PM
I feel the Love...;)

Ellie

At least ya didn't bite a chunk outta my behind for p*ssin in his wheaties!!!

PS: I haven't seen him back yet, either...

thedrifter
12-01-06, 07:58 PM
We all need sometimes a little extra in our wheaties;) :D

I think we all need a group hug:banana:

Ellie

Motorola07
12-02-06, 01:36 AM
Just now bought it.

Barrette
12-02-06, 07:29 AM
Ya i ordered mine yesterday hopfully its in at the start of the week....

Marine84
12-02-06, 09:24 AM
Camper - HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I bought a copy of it a while back and it was just OK in spots to me. I thought it should have shown a little more of graduation but.............

And, it WAS censored some - they shot more of the recruits cleaning than anything. Granted there IS a lot of that going on but the Corps didn't let them keep the cameras running alllll day and show them EVERYTHING. Just remember how that kid felt that got booted - he jerked a tear, right? YOU DO NOT WANT THAT FEELING! The guy that got chewed out when they did the hump in the dark - YOU DO NOT WANT ONE DI IN YOUR FACE LIKE THAT MUCH LESS 2 OR 3 OF THEM! When you see spit fly and veins bulge, you know he's pi$$ed!

The one thing I do find different is the emblem ceremony. I don't know if they've always done it this way for the guys but, for us girls, the DI placed our emblem on our cover when I did it. Now they just hand you one and you put it on?

mesaRAT488
12-05-06, 11:06 AM
The funniest part I thought is when the recruit got *****ed out by the DI after he was screaming for help in the pool. I think he got dropped am I right? Anyways that was some funny ****. Does anyone know why that recruit was crying about his back on the Crucible march? Did he break something or does your back really do hurt after and while doing the Crucible?

Jesse

...Just looking forward to see what I get my ass chewed out for. LOL

Camper51
12-05-06, 11:23 AM
Group hug or group.....................dang it I better hush while I can...

nofearusmc
12-05-06, 12:02 PM
Crucible, Crucible............We didnt have that back in the day...........WTF Over lol jk...........if you earn it, wear it proud.

Marine84
12-05-06, 12:39 PM
you're thinking of a cluster Camper....................HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Barrette
12-11-06, 08:24 PM
That was a vary motivating documentry made me want to get to bootcamp even faster actually... It does show a different aspect of bootcamp then such documentries such as making of a Marine... Every poolee should get that with there welcome aboard package.....:beer:

YMPfcDeremer
12-27-06, 07:10 PM
Is it made at Parris Island or San Diego?

echo3oscar1833
01-07-07, 01:02 PM
I bought mine copy of this back in Nov, very good documentary, but I think it could have put a little pit more empahsise on the Corp's itself. IE Training, History, Traditions, Drill, etc. This showed mot of the Mental Aspect of it than anything else. Other than that very good. Semper Fi!!

PMKing
01-07-07, 10:22 PM
A female friend of mine just told her parents of her intentions to join and they were watching tv one night and this came on. Needless to say they TiVo'd it and showed it to her hoping it would scare her out of joining up...It back fired, it just got her 10x more motovated than she already was. LOL

Hologram
03-18-08, 08:16 PM
A female friend of mine just told her parents of her intentions to join and they were watching tv one night and this came on. Needless to say they TiVo'd it and showed it to her hoping it would scare her out of joining up...It back fired, it just got her 10x more motovated than she already was. LOL
Yeah, sometimes I think that my parents have tried that. God knows that my friends have.

jetdoc
03-18-08, 08:40 PM
I love watching that flick....its been Tivo'd a few times on our tv's....they just replayed it again last week sometime.

Like a previous poster said, one funny part was when the DI was chasing the recruit into the barracks after yelling at him a few seconds before. Another great part was towards the end and one recruit had some problems and the one Drill Instructor started yelling at him saying how he was going to murder him, lol.

jbourne224
03-20-08, 10:36 PM
I just ordered the video last night from canaanbrumley.com, i was curious since it used paypal, how long does it take to ship (i live in the beautiful state of IL) thanks for the help.

UsmcMotorT
03-26-08, 08:03 AM
I just ordered the video last night from canaanbrumley.com, i was curious since it used paypal, how long does it take to ship (i live in the beautiful state of IL) thanks for the help.

mine took a week. I dont like using paypal, but I had to get this movie!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 08:12 AM
Watered Down! But still enjoyable!

UsmcMotorT
03-26-08, 08:38 AM
^^^

congratz on being selected.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 08:47 AM
Thank You Cpl!

Poolee McGahan
04-02-08, 07:40 PM
I think some parts could have gone, like showing the birds flying around for a couple minutes. It could have been used for something more pertinent.

gt4jk
04-07-08, 09:35 AM
I'm Ordering Mine From http://www.unitedindependentmedia.com/ Tonight, I hope i get it in by this Wedesnday I'm excited

Quick Question can someone PM me another movie to see that is located in PI?

Reagan
04-08-08, 03:51 AM
This movie is one of the things that made me want to join the Marines over Army. :D

Tenpoops
03-30-10, 04:49 AM
Hi, just wanted to bump this thread to let everyone know that they released another DVD which focuses on the receiving phase (it's literally called Chapter 1: Receiving). Also because this is just a great documentary.

xbh
03-30-10, 07:37 PM
Hi, just wanted to bump this thread to let everyone know that they released another DVD which focuses on the receiving phase (it's literally called Chapter 1: Receiving). Also because this is just a great documentary.

Cool thanks for the update.

My J-hat was in the fleet with the kid that got hit in the head with the toilet paper roll. They called him "toilet paper boy" or something like that.

usmcrro
03-30-10, 10:52 PM
Look it up on youtube or borrow one from a recruiter's office.

Yonkers
03-31-10, 05:22 PM
I looooove this movie :D

Borknagar
03-31-10, 11:50 PM
I think it's the best movie showing what goes on aboard an MCRD, but at the same time, a lot of it was either removed, cut or simply not recorded, for whatever reason (artistic, monetary or 'ran out of tape')... and as mentioned before, they could have not put the thing with the birds flying or crap like that, and put something else relevant in it... And more of graduation would been nice to see those guys wrap it up... :)

polizei
04-02-10, 01:16 PM
I haven't watched it in a long time, but last I recall...bootcamp was pretty much nothing like they showed. They cut out a LOT, simply because they can't/won't show it to America. Don't worry...you'll find out exactly how bootcamp is. ;)

Borknagar
04-02-10, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I believe so too, but so far, the most informative and comprehensive video out there, about bootcamp..... There is more but none that cover multiple scenes at once...

One thing though, I wouldn't want to see/know everything before I arrive anyways (want to be surprised a bit as well), just something to watch at and hopefully decrease the number of ITable errors I/we will make during our quest there.. Of course, keeping in mind that we shall be slayed and tortured regardless! :D

polizei
04-02-10, 02:10 PM
Have you seen Making Marines?

Borknagar
04-02-10, 02:24 PM
I think I own it, if it's the one taking place at P.I. and also shown long time before on either History Channel or Discovery....

depwright
10-05-11, 10:19 PM
i would like to know where i can buy this movie. if anyone can tell me that would be great.. thanks

DuckSauce
10-06-11, 02:09 PM
i would like to know where i can buy this movie. if anyone can tell me that would be great.. thanks

http://www.canaanbrumley.com/shortpreview.html

geopap2
10-07-11, 05:52 PM
i ordered this movie as a future marine yesterday and ordered it from canaambrumley.com an was just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to ship the dvd out. Ordered yesterday and no shipping info has been sent to me yet

Lisa 23
10-07-11, 06:09 PM
geopap2....how about filling out your profile...site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

geopap2
10-07-11, 06:38 PM
profile has been filled out, thanks

IHaveEGA843
02-18-12, 07:30 PM
They only show you .5% of what you will go through.....dont think that is how it is because its not

PNW2011
03-12-12, 06:17 PM
Yeah.. pretty much all this movie shows is the stuff that looks good for the camera. Plus you can tell when he jumps around with his footage, one second they're in forming, the next they're wearing tactical shirts and have name tapes, then they're at Pendleton post-crucible, then back to forming again.

I agree with the above some parts are much worse than what it shows, some of it is much easier.