PDA

View Full Version : Why we won't lose in the Middle East

Seeley
01-20-03, 04:54 PM
Didn't know where else to post this so here goes...

http://home.attbi.com/~usmcwanabe/Arab.mpeg
http://home.attbi.com/~usmcwanabe/Arab2.mpeg

I rest my case.

eddief
01-20-03, 09:16 PM
We won't lose in the middle east because we're Mike Tyson
and they're the ninety pound nerd. No one has a chance
defying Emperor Bush. The blood will be running for years
to come because of Bush's world aspirations.

firstsgtmike
01-20-03, 10:00 PM
If a 90 lb nerd challenged Mike Tyson, that's HIS problem.

If Tyson let the 90 lb nerd get close enough to kick him in the balls, that's HIS problem

The hemorraging started on 9/11.

What's YOUR problem?

Seeley
01-20-03, 10:09 PM
I happen to like Bush's attitude towards things. He's not taking "as much" crap as presidents before him. Way I figure is that by the time I get in (right after i graduate next year) there will be plenty of hot spots thats for sure. I'm sure we'll still be over in Afghanistan doing God knows what and Iraq will be in a mess along with some probable conflicts with Korea. Hell of a time that will be.

eddief
01-20-03, 11:41 PM
I don't have a problem firstsgtmike. Bush hasn't convinced
me of the connection between Iraq and Al Queda. Maybe
my problem is not trusting an administration that's just
about wedded to the oil companies.

greybeard
01-21-03, 12:27 AM
Ya mean you trust Saddam or that guy that wagged his finger in your face & said "I never had sex with that woman." ?
You'd rather him be wedded to the lawyers that BC was?
Yeah, that was a trustworthy bunch alright.
Face it, they're all wedded or in bed with somebody nowdays, they just don't all play house with cigars & blue cocktail dresses.

firstsgtmike
01-21-03, 01:05 AM
eddief,

EVERY administration is married to one group or another, and they are ALL marriages made in hell.

I can't change the world, and I'm thankful for that, because I wouldn't know where to take it. If you believe the bible, Cain killed his brother, Able, and the world was a much more simpler place back then.

I found an answer that satisfies ME! To do my job to the best of my ability and to take care of and protect my family and those who come under my wings.

That may sound selfish, but think about it. Follow it up a chain of command, a political structure, an economic structure.

The broader your wing span grows, so do your responsibilities and obligations to those who depend upon you. And your obligations and responsibilities is to ALL of them.

Within your capabilities and limitations, you make THEIR world a better place, on a day to day basis, and not with some vague promise of a future.

The journey of a million miles begins one step at a time. If I take care of me and mine, we'd all be one step closer to that Wonderful World Louie Armstrong sang about.

Semper Fi

Barndog
01-21-03, 02:25 AM
Amen Top.

I take eddie at face value. (you should go read what I replied to your 'duck and cover' post about LtCol North a couple months back...)

It's easy to fling sh it at the fan. It isn't so easy understanding how the political machine works, and takes GOOD MEN with it.

If you read ' The October Suprize' - I think you'd better retract your statement about my good Lt Col North.
My Marine values started the day I gained my Honor and Integrity.
I can tell you almost that exact moment.

I don't compromise my values when it comes to my Marine Corps.

And, after ya read that.... read 'Americanism and Patriotism'.

Get back with me. I have my bells on, waiting.

Barndog
01-21-03, 03:58 AM
Oh.....

Why don't you 'kids' who never seen a shot fired in the military, take a freakin hike up to the White House then.

Then YOU explain - like they NEVER have to my 'NAM BROS - if sh it goes wrong.

And, you can start with my 2 dead MARINE family members that never made it back from Vietnam with their lives.

firstsgtmike
01-21-03, 04:53 AM
Barndog,

I don't know how to respond, or even if I should. Because after "Amen Top", I don't think you were talking to me, but to eddief.

For example, I checked EVERY post concerning Col. North and NONE of them were mine.

For example, the first response to 'Americanism and Patriotism' WAS mine.

So this non-responsive response is merely to let you know that your post was either addressed to the wrong party, OR I opened it by mistake.

Semper Fi

Barndog
01-21-03, 05:05 AM
Yeah......

My Bust. To an extent.

My meaning was - yer right again of course (I am getting used to this, in case you haven't noticed.)

The 90 # weakling with the laundry on his head DID pi ss off Mike Tyson.

The 'WHATS YOUR PROBLEM' - part - was I thought in reference to -

OKAY dickheads, ya gonna stand up to the plate, OR WHAT???

No offense, First Sergeant.

Thank you for clarifying. I hope I have, for what thats worth.
Sometimes, even we lowly piszants get a little wound up and misdirected sometimes. Marine or not.

Semper FI

saul ramirez
01-21-03, 09:11 AM
The way i see it anyone who is not convinced that in order for the United States of America to protect itself from anyone who has declared war on all Americans needs to wake up to reality. i also feel that in order to protect all Americans drastic action is to be taken now, to do nothing will result in more attacts and americans loosing their lives. i also feel that any American that does not already belive that this is the correct action to take is soft and has no business wearing the emblem of the United states Marine Corps. God Bless the United States and all service men and women who serve proudly to preseve what some americans take for granted.

eddief
01-21-03, 09:42 AM
I guess I better turn in my Marine Corps emblem then, because
I'm against this coming war in Iraq. If that makes me soft so be
it. I will say I was wrong about LtCol North. He was just following
orders.

yellowwing
01-21-03, 09:54 AM
What about the lads that participate in the Bear Hunt excercises in S Korea. G.W. is bending over backwards to N Korea. I think the 1st MEF should tcb Iraq then put the smack on N Korea.

Sgt Sostand
01-22-03, 01:10 PM
eddief your are about to turn in your emblem so what the heck you join for. it seem you dont have no balls what do it take for them to bomb your house then you will fight .to late then!!

eddief
01-22-03, 02:04 PM
Sgt Sostand, I was responding to what Saul Ramirez said. I <br />
earned my title and was given an honorable discharge. No <br />
one can take that away from me, not even me. It's called <br />
sarcasm. Look it up....

wrbones
01-22-03, 02:10 PM
Facts and figures, boys.

Keep the personal attacks behind the barracks, ie. PM's and emails

saul ramirez
01-23-03, 08:57 AM
Eddief

In your walk with god can you tell me where it states in the bible that murder is right? let's take a closer look at this, Sept. 11, that was not murder, as i stated before the United States was already informed that war was decalred on us. kawait did not have that warning, they woke up one day and the people were being killed and women and children were being raped and killed, for what i asked myself, what would couse someone to do this to another human ? one thing comes to my mind. Evil, what to say that God is not using his army of to fight and elimanate this Evil? what to say you are being used to help someone in need? I to was there in the Gulf, my childhood freinds were there with me, we fought side by side just as we were playing as free kids back at home and the one thing that stood out was that we do not want anyone to take that privilage of being able to be free away from our children, everyone should be free. Fact the only thing the United States profited from that war was a friend. look at the prices at the pumps, if any oil company or the United States profited why are we paying so much for gas? It doent take much to see whats happening in the world, all you have to do is open you eyes and see it for what it is. on occassion it may seem hard to believe, do your homework and make a decission based on facts. what i hear you saying is what activist were saying during the gulf war. one thing marines are taught is to be leaders. so be one. leaders make tough decision that some peole do not have the courage to make. keep your emblem, if you said anything correctly you said you have earned that right to be a marine and you have. my brother i to am a follower of Christ, what to say he is not using us to do his work? is that not what we are taught as christians? no one wants bloodshed, but the unfortunate thing in this world is that we do have people that just do not get it. i will get off my soapbox now and take on other topics.

Semper FI