PDA

View Full Version : s.o.m.s Kaneohe Bay......1975-1978

bonuspak
10-21-06, 09:51 PM
Anyone here stationed at Kaneohe Bay.......soms during the years...1975-1978.....I was a crew chief on the 46s during this time.....

bigdog43701
10-22-06, 07:47 AM
SOMS 1978-1981. Station NBC NCO.

drumcorpssnare
10-26-06, 07:13 AM
bonuspak- I was with the drum & bugle corps at K-Bay in '75. Hq.Co., Hq. Bde., 1st Marine Brigade. Any time we had a gig on one of the other islands, you guys with the CH46's (and the 53's) would haul our butts to and from. I used to love flying in the Corps' choppers.
The duty on Oahu was a lot of fun for me. Had one girlfriend who danced at the "Crazy Horse" in Kailua, and another who danced at the "Lollipop" near Ft. DeRussy in Waikiki.
Once, the D&B Corps had to perform for an Officer's Mess Night at the 'O' Club. The guest of honor was some Air Force Lt. Gen. Well, we were invited to stay for the 'open bar', after the formalities. This flyboy Gen. was teaching us how to drink "Flaming Hookers." (you light it on fire before you drink it.) Anyway, this Gen. drinks one, sets his glass down, turns to me.....
and his mustache is on FIRE!!! So I grabbed a wet bar rag and hit him in the face with it! He patted me on the shoulder and thanked me!:banana:
Nice to hear from someone else who served there when I did.
SEMPER FI:usmc:

bonuspak
10-28-06, 01:59 AM
Nice to hear from you guys.........What does everyone do for a living now.........Love the mustache story...lol