PDA

View Full Version : 2 Brother Marines have Died in Ramadi, Iraq

LCplLake
10-21-06, 05:03 PM
I just received the phone call. I dont think its quite sunk in yet. But 2 Marines that I served with in Fallujah, died last night in Ramadi due to an IED attack. I wont disclose their names at this time, but if you would all please say a prayer for their family I would appreciate it.

We've all lost brothers and sisters at some point in our lives. Unfortuneatly the big man called for two of my brothers last night.

To those two Marines:

I'll see you guys soon.. I miss you.. I love you guys - you were my strength. Take care.. Semper Fidelis.

-Eric

garryh123
10-21-06, 05:39 PM
RIP :iwo:

jinelson
10-21-06, 06:11 PM
Rest In Peace Marines

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/usflaghlfstf-1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/semperfi.gif

sgt tony
10-21-06, 06:17 PM
May there be peace in there lives that was taken and now we pary for the families and the extened family also becaue we all feel the loss

yellowwing
10-21-06, 07:53 PM
Our Father,
You have often heard us when we needed one more ounce of strength, to go one more yard, or to live one more minute.

Hear us now when our hearts do weep for our Brothers. We pray for the comfort of their families. We pray for the healing of our Brothers that are still by our side. Touch him and ease his sorrow too.

Amen

LCplLake
10-22-06, 08:14 PM
There names were:

Nathan Elrod and Cliff Collinsworth.

I know that the families have been contacted by now.

R.I.P. Brothers. These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor - and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-22-06, 10:10 PM
Lake, you'll be included in my prayers for these Marines' families. Sadly, many of us have lost close friends in the last several months, so we know how hard it can be on you as well.

jinelson
10-24-06, 12:54 PM
DoD Identifies Marine Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of four Marines who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Clifford R. Collinsworth, 20, of Chelsea, Mich.
Lance Cpl. Nathan R. Elrod, 20, of Salisbury, N.C.
Lance Cpl. Nicholas J. Manoukian, 22, of Lathrup Village, Mich.
Cpl. Joshua C. Watkins, 25, of Jacksonville, Fla.

These Marines died Oct. 21 while conducting combat operations in Al nbar province, Iraq.
Collinsworth, Elrod and Manoukian were assigned to 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
Watkins was assigned to 2nd Tank Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
For further information about these Marines, please call the 2nd Marine Division public affairs office at (910) 451-9033.

:(

MarineMomB
10-24-06, 11:28 PM
Lcpl Lake,

I am the mom of the little Marine, PFC Taylor Batten. Her story is under the inspirational story forum. We plan on making Lance Cpl Collinsworth's funeral. Not only is my little one a Marine, but she is also a Patriot Guard Rider. We will be honored to stand tall for you while we are there. Please know, as with any death, our hearts are very heavy.

enotslehcar
11-04-06, 01:17 PM
I went to school with Cliff Collinsworth since elementary school. He was a year older then me in school. And he will his missed greatly by the community of Chelsea. His funeral was last Monday. I countinue to pray for his family and friends.