PDA

View Full Version : Flags Of Our Fathers

JmikeJr88
10-21-06, 01:08 AM
Pretty good movie. I enjoyed it. It's crazy how all that political stuff about who really raised the flag still goes on. (Seen it in a Leatherneck Mag.) If you seen it, let us know what you think.

P.S dont say any parts of the movie just yet.

smjone4
10-21-06, 06:30 PM
I just went to see it today with my poolee group. The movie was really good. Afterwards we were all standing outside talking to the recruiters and some guys that just got back from PI when this really old man walked up to us. He said that he had to come over and meet some of the Marines of this generation. Apparently he was on Iwo Gima and new some of the people portrayed in the movie. He looked around at all of us and then just fell to the ground and started to cry. Some of us helped him up and helped him over to his car where his wife thanked us and said that her husband had been debating on whether or not to go see the movie because it still bothered him so much to think about it. She said that seeing 40 people standing there in Marine poolee tshirsts was just too much. She wished us all luck and they left. It was really sad, but at the same time I have never been more proud of the Corps and my decision to join.

SmokeyBandit
10-21-06, 08:33 PM
Just got back from watching it. I won't say whether it was a "good" or "bad" movie, but it was well worth my money. I think every person who thinks they can go protest at military funerals should be forced to watch this movie.