PDA

View Full Version : E-2 with college/change ship date?

Paevmd
10-19-06, 08:47 PM
I went through MEPS today (asvab, medical,contracting, and oath ceremony) and signed a reserve contract (6x2) for 1345 (heavy quipment operator). Its been a long time comming and I'm very happy to be done with the process.

I have been told a few things concerning my ship date and possible E-2 promotion during boot camp.

My recruiter told me that I would be able so change my ship date from 20070521 to somthing closer to 20070510. Is this possible, is it even up to me?

I was also told that because I am a college student that upon proof of enrolment that I will be given E-2 status upon graduation.

Does this information sound accurate?

Thanks,
Will

Brass
10-19-06, 08:50 PM
Ship dates are very flexible that far out. Hell I found out mine was changed a week before hand.

jinelson
10-19-06, 10:44 PM
Congratulations Paevmd I salute your patriotism! As Brass said your ship date is very flexible with the needs of the Corps dictating the changes. As far as Pfc upon graduation you can earn that in several ways. I was under the impression that you need a degree or so many units completed. I could be wrong as these things change and are not always publicized, but someone will post the accurate info you seek Im sure. I look forward to reading your posts and watching you prepare for the challenge that awaits you at MCRD. I have known many 1345's and they all seemed to enjoy that MOS. Some have taken their knowlege and experience and made a nice living upon leaving the Corps.

Jim

Kildars
10-19-06, 11:25 PM
First off Congratulations Poolee.

In order to go in as Contract PFC you need to recruit either two people to DEP in under you, or have 22 college credits completed.

Hope this helps, Good luck Poolee!

Rockabilly
10-19-06, 11:57 PM
I contracted as a PFC because I spent 4 years in the Young Marines and was discharged as a Sgt. Just another way I suppose

Accord
10-20-06, 09:29 AM
First off Congratulations Poolee.

In order to go in as Contract PFC you need to recruit either two people to DEP in under you, or have 22 college credits completed.

Hope this helps, Good luck Poolee!
You need 15 college credits to receive contract PFC, not 22.

The only stipulation is they must be at least 100 level courses and from an accredited college.

Paevmd
10-20-06, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone for all the posts; it helps out a lot. I just wanted to make sure I was being given accurate information by my recruiter. Thanks again!!
-Will

Brass
10-20-06, 05:38 PM
You need 15 college credits to receive contract PFC, not 22.

The only stipulation is they must be at least 100 level courses and from an accredited college.

Are you sure? All I know 15 credits does for you is making up for a GED.

I would trust my own recruiter over a non recruiter. Just my opinion, they aren't going to lie to you.

Accord
10-20-06, 05:41 PM
Are you sure? All I know 15 credits does for you is making up for a GED.

I would trust my own recruiter over a non recruiter. Just my opinion, they aren't going to lie to you.
15 credits gets you contract PFC, I already have it in my contract.

Brass
10-20-06, 10:25 PM
15 credits gets you contract PFC, I already have it in my contract.

Then that issue is sorted. Thank you for your post.

oneshot649
10-23-06, 10:58 PM
hey will, looks like i'm in almost the same boat as you except i'm 0311: reservist, 20070521, college promotion. good luck and hope to see ya next year!