PDA

View Full Version : Had to move home

Poskew
10-18-06, 07:10 PM
I ran out of time at the place where I was staying. It was my brothers but a two bedroom and he had a roomate I had been staying on the couch for a month or so. And its fully understandable that they are getting tired of me. I thought it would have only taken a coupel weeks to get my pullup up but have had some minor setbacks. Im having to move home more than likely but my recruiters dont want me to. The worst situation is I move home. Now would I need to find the nearest recruiting station to where I will be moving and continue working with them or just stay in contact wiht my original recruiter a hour or two away? Im hitting the gym everyday and doing pullups all day it just seems to be a huge weak point for me. I had two pullups but my grandmother died and I had to leave town for a week and when I came back couldnt do any. VERY demotivating. Im trying my best to stay motivated. Wouldnt mind some motivational help from some of you. Just been hard times past couple months. My family members are starting to tell me to just go back to school but I feel ive worked way to hard to get where I am to just give up. Between the 80 lbs lost and I couldnt handle the failure. Any thoughts.

Marine84
10-18-06, 07:22 PM
It's just one thing after another with you and them pullups ain't it? PRACTICE!!!!!!!!! You don't quit doing them for just a week and then you can't do the 2 that you could do a few weeks ago. If you...

Poskew
10-18-06, 07:26 PM
Yes ma'am I agree. ha. Its true those pullups are killing me. I have a pullup bar and jump up on there all day. I had two when i left for a week and wasnt near a bar. Was in the middle of family things. I dont mind doing them its just taking me longer than expected to get them up to par. I know I cant leave until I get them. Thats understandable. I want to be a Marine. I truely do. Or I would have quit a long time ago.

Achped
10-18-06, 08:13 PM
My friend shipped Sept. 11th with 3 of his friends. His winter home vacation will now be extended by 2 weeks due to the time he had spent in PCP, not to mention his Marine buddies will be on leave when he's a recruit in the crucible!

Don't be like him. Just get on the friggin bar!

jebollenbach
10-18-06, 08:30 PM
You want to be a Marine? Then quit your whinning and get off your ass and do the pullups. I ahve been retired for 7 years put on 40 pounds and just knocked out 10.

Besides doing pull ups, do push ups, and dips. Once you can knock out 50 regular pushups then put your feet on a chair or foot stool and start again. Just work on you upper body strength.

Remember quiters join the Army.

:iwo:

Brass
10-18-06, 10:24 PM
What type of nutritional suppliments are you using? Are you doing anything else other than pullups? More than one way to skin a cat.

At 200 pounds I couldn't do a single pullup as of April of this year. By July I was at 7 pullups at the same wieght.

Drink your whey protien (right after your workouts, no more than a half hour after) and eat a balenced diet.

Try some bent over barbell rows, they mostly work the lats. They really helped me out.

Upright rows, rack pulls (like a dead lift, but off of the rest bars on a power rack), any thing that will work the upper back.

Does your gym have an assisted pullup machine? If not ask someone to hold your legs, any decent gym is full of people that would be more than happy to spot.

Are you doing negatives? Stand on a bench under the bar, so that you are in the 'up' position. Then let yourself down with an 8-10 count.

Do a half dozen to 10 reps with three sets of what ever you are doing and you'll be a pull up machine in no time.

Another technique that I never had enough time to stick with for more than a week is Greasing the Groove. Take your total number of pullups you can do, and cut that number in half. Do that number every few hours throughout the day. Test your max every other week and reset your pull up number. Remember to completely rest on the weekends. Time off is as important as time on.