PDA

View Full Version : The Draft

marinegreen
10-18-06, 05:00 PM
Sitting here in the LAND OF CORN AND BEANS(IA.) watching Hardball, Senator Mccain was the guest at Iowa State University. Anywho they asked who has served in the military, out of 2000 students attending maybe a doz stood up, then the ? was who would serve in the military if were asked to which none of them pussies stood up.Another ? came up who supported the war too which a couple hundred stood up, then again they were said to keep standing iuf they would join the military to which they all sat down.I mean WTF is it with these pussies,they support wars but wont defend there country.I'm ashamed to be a Iowan. With this attitude our politicians will have no choice but to bring the DRAFT back, then lets see how many run for the borders getting out of Dodge so to speak !!
MG:yes: :devious:

Marine84
10-18-06, 06:38 PM
I'm with ya man! They want to reap all of the benefits from somebody else's blood and sweat. Says a lot for the ones that are willing to give up the blood and sweat.

DWG
10-18-06, 07:46 PM
No,no,no,no,no; bad Marinegreen, bad! The young Marines I have spoken to and seen are an inspiration in their dedication and motivation. They are doing what they have chosen to do, not what someone forced them to. I enlisted during the days of conscription and I think anyone who served during those dark days will agree; the military overall, and the Corps to a degree, suffered from the forced service of the unwilling. Drugs and gang activity were rampant. Discipline was almost impossible to maintain when the ranks were filled with brig rats who couldn't care less about what you did to them. If you served during that time I'm sure you remember how bad it got. The mantra of Viet Nam was "the unwilling, led by the inept to do the unnecessary". We have the best military that has ever served this country (even the army). The liberals scream for a draft to bring in the dregs and the disgruntled; the "elite" will always find a way out. The libs would then have a base in the military to work with because they are jealous of something they can't understand-Pride! In Country; In Self; In Service! Never again let them attempt to ruin the Armed Forces, particularly the Marine Corps, with their social engineering, and conscription will bring that right in with it. P.S. Good looking puppy on your profile.

jinelson
10-18-06, 08:03 PM
Marine84 - Says a lot for the ones that are willing to give up the blood and sweat.

Amen Kim I hear that! The young men and women that are members here fall into that statement and I am very proud of them. I follow their challenges be it in school, PT or medical requirements and some really have to work hard to remove some barriers. We have had Poolees that have had to go to high school in the day time then again at night just to graduate and get their diploma. We have had some that lost incredible amounts of weight and some that overcome their fear of water to learn to swim. Some have put their college educations on hold to serve. Some have even had to somehow get juvenile criminal records exsponged. All just for a shot at earning the title and serving. I have more respect for them than I do those of their generation in colleges who feel they owe nothing to our nation. Im proud of our Poolees they took the torch from us and they have not let us down.

Semper Fi

Jim