PDA

View Full Version : Pre-fix Americanism and Patroitism...huh!!!

JRtheSTAR
01-19-03, 08:44 PM
I previously wrote, and emailed the following;

"To those who turn their faces against these winds of war, I say to them, "forego your American citizenship...and leave America. We will be the better off for your leaving. I don't care anything about your religion, your ethnic background, your "cultural diversity" or your ancestry. "PRE"-fix Americanism is out the window. Either you are...or you are not an American. That's my line in the sand to you."

I stand firmly behind what I wrote above. But I need to be sure I am clearly being "understood".

I just found out that a Montagnard family member, the son of a refugee from Southeast Asia, has enlisted in our U.S. Army and is deploying to the middle
east. He is not "white". He is not "red". He is not "black" He is not "yellow". He is simply an AMERICAN in my eyes.

Recently some media loudmouths looked into their prime-time evening news cameras and "debated" the relative "numbers" of "African-Americans" in the
Armed Forces intimating - if not out right stating it - that a "disproportionate number" of Afro-Americans would do the dying in battle. I look at their comments in an entirely different light.

Perhaps the "reason" (if their claim is true) so many "disproportionate numbers" of our military men and women are "Afro-American" is, just maybe, because they are the MOST Patriotic segment of our "diverse" society. Think about that, you media jerks. Don't denigrate them because they wear our nations uniform and are "non-white". Praise them, along with all the others, who chose to stand before the altar of freedom for they are American Patriots in the truest sense of the word.

I do not ever recall Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., ever, using the term "Afro-American" once. Not once. I do remember him as a strong advocate for America. America. Not Irish-America, not Italian-America, not Afro-America, not Japanese-America, not XXX-America. He was a man for all of America. "Character" and not "Color" were the hallmarks of Dr. Kings life. It's high time that all of us stand and take full
measure of that unto ourselves.

With the sole exception of the American Indian, we are all immigrant-Americans. So, if any "prefixing" must be, let every one of us label ourselves
"Immigrant-Americans" and let it go at that.

And that brings me, again, to the singular subject of "Patriotism." A patriotic AMERICAN has no color. Has no religion. Has nothing more than his/her
CITIZENSHIP in a nation of immigrants. AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP is the only "label" any of us should ever need - OR WANT - to bear. To me, that sums
it up pretty clearly. If we choose otherwise, it will be to our own demise.

Our "diversity" can be either our collective strength, or, our divisive downfall as a nation. Sooner or later we will have to come to firm grips with that singular issue.

As for me? I don't give one hoot in hell what you look like, where you came from, what building you enter to practice your faith. I don't care what side of
the political spectrum you routinely stand. I don't give a damn who you have in your bedroom. None of that is my business. How you act as an American IS my business. Why? Because I'm among those many legions of Patriots who have made the downpayment - in blood - for your freedom and my freedom. Now, it's your turn to make the next installment.

All I care about is "what are you going to do now? When your/our/my country needs YOU?" Because I've bled alongside Americans of all color, all faith, all backgrounds. But we bled together. As Americans. And it will happen again....soon.

My final word is for Congress; Democrat or Republican or Independent. Stop the C-SPAN *****ing and hollering. Stop the gamesmanship. I'm wise to your act. Most Americans are wise as well. Work for America, not for your next election campaign. We are watching you closely now. Either you stand for the common good or you'll fall for your own good.

Semper fi,
Major Bill Donahue USMC Ret
American Patriot

--

firstsgtmike
01-19-03, 10:46 PM
I read this.

And to many parts of it I said "Damn, I wish I had said it that way." " Damn, I wish I had used that line of thought." "Damn, I wish I could make that point as well as it was made here."

And I promise, I WILL, first chance I get. Out of appreciation to the Major, I will make the opportunities happen, and pass the word.

Semper Fi

Barndog
01-20-03, 04:08 AM
Sir,

As IF, the fuse was not already smoking, Sir.

Barndog
01-20-03, 07:40 PM
FYI - and listen UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm GONNA KEEP BRINGING THJS TO THE FRONT OF THE FORUM PAGE!!!

Theres 4,100+ people on this site registered. WHY ARE THERE 35 reads and 2 FU CKING RESPONSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE OF THEM IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, none of you read the 'Coffee' Posts on WTF I stood up for this past afternoon. Read them....... Then -

STEP UP TO THE FU CKIN PLATE AND ACT LIKE IT, DAMMIT!!!!

YER MARINES!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not, then maybe you are truly worthless as the Major has therein described, and therefore should renounce your citizenship and move the fu ck on.. And therefore, you have discredited and dishonored the Marine Corps.

THEREFORE, you know what that means.

The LINE IS DRAWN!

greensideout
01-20-03, 07:58 PM
I am not a Virginian, but an American.

--- Patrick Henry

greensideout
01-20-03, 08:06 PM
There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100 percent Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.

--- Theodore Roosevelt

USMC0311
01-20-03, 09:15 PM
Thank You JR. Your analogy is truly inspirational.

Semper Fidelis, God, Country and Corps

wrbones
01-21-03, 12:34 AM
Tony's onna rant! LOL.

When ya gotta fill out those forms that ask yer nationality is, I write in: American.

greybeard
01-21-03, 01:00 AM
I'm an American Marine & living the American dream. I know whose sacrifices made it possible, and I know that more will have to be made so my great grand kids can have it as good as I have.
They have to be made by EVERY American, no matter where your lineage came from. Remember, the WTC could just as easily been your block in your hometown or your kids school. Sometimes in life every man has to make up his mind to do something or at least support something- just because it's the right thing to do. That time is here once again folks. Far better for itt to be taken care of now than leave it for our future generations to clean up-it'll only be much harder then.
(yeah I know, I'm preachin to the choir here)
I believe the dog is out of the barn, and ready to do some asskickin.

Barndog
01-21-03, 01:56 AM
THE Dog is out, hungry, got the sh its, my a-hole is raw, and I AINT HAPPY... and GOD help the poor bastard that steps in my path, for he better be a Marine. And THAT'S even subject to question!
The quick bottom line?

Men of Honor, Integrity, and Principle do the same thing.

EVERYTIME!!!!!!!!!

Only now, I'm not so willing for the opportunites to show up.
I'm 'helping them along'.

Fu ck' em all!!! Let God sort it out. Chesty will understand my side. And dammit, if I'm walkin fu cking post yet again.....

Semper FI Muthafukkas - the Marines have landed. Only this time in your backyard. The next installment for this Country is DUE! And, we're callin in YOUR NOTE!

And, we're the Collection Party - PAY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE.

USMC0311
01-21-03, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Barndog
THE Dog is out, hungry, got the sh its, my a-hole is raw, and I AINT HAPPY... and GOD help the poor bastard that steps in my path, for he better be a Marine. And THAT'S even subject to question!
The quick bottom line?

Men of Honor, Integrity, and Principle do the same thing.

EVERYTIME!!!!!!!!!

Only now, I'm not so willing for the opportunities to show up.
I'm 'helping them along'.

Fu ck' em all!!! Let God sort it out. Chesty will understand my side. And dammit, if I'm walkin fu cking post yet again.....

Semper FI Muthafukkas - the Marines have landed. Only this time in your backyard. The next installment for this Country is DUE! And, we're callin in YOUR NOTE!

And, we're the Collection Party - PAY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE.

I fear NOTHING, except Incarnation. I will give my life for my Corps. YES I am a Marine Forever. I am a Patriot Forever. I have hated the Society that condemned me and my Comrades since 1966 (when I fought my first civilian for calling me a "baby killer") many ass-whippins later I have a few more scars, but I still have the ATTITUDE. I will Fight until I die, For The Honor Of Our Patriots that serve Our Country. The bigger they are the Harder I hit...follow through. Pain is NOT reverent. I WILL NEVER Back-off from Aggression. I Like to "Get Sum" Too
:yes:

Barrio_rat
01-21-03, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by wrbones
When ya gotta fill out those forms that ask yer nationality is, I write in: American.

I hear ya, Bones. When I went in to the Social Security Office to get my daughter her SSN, under RACE I checked OTHER. When the man behind the counter questioned this, I stated, "she's Swedish, Norwegian, English, Irish, Scot, Welsh, German, Filipina, Spanish and Japanese - what box to I check?" He left it as I had indicated. I have always checked 'other' and, perhaps now, I'll follow your lead, Bones and leave it as American. Nothing says it better.