PDA

View Full Version : Army OFFICER just enlisted at my recruiting station

Accord
10-18-06, 09:58 AM
An army OFFICER just depped in at my recruiting station, he's already been to Iraq. He said he hates the army and made a mistake by joining, he gave up his commission to join the Marines and become a PFC... that says a lot. All the recruiters were joking around with him about how he's going to have a bigger fruit salad than all of his Drill Instructors, haha.

An Army OFFICER giving up his commission to become an enlisted Marine. I don't think an officer in any branch would give up their commission to go enlisted in another branch except for the Marine Corps.

Marine84
10-18-06, 10:47 AM
WOW! He wanted to join the Men's Dept, that's all.

CHOPPER7199
10-18-06, 11:19 AM
Great, yellow prints to 2nd lt in 6 months. I think that will happen if he makes it thru.

ChiefUSMC
10-18-06, 11:55 AM
That Sould Be A Recruiting Poster, God Speed To The New Recruit If You Talk To Him Tell Him I Said Good Luck.

Semper Fidelis

Achped
10-18-06, 12:55 PM
I turned down an ROTC scholarship for the Corps. It's been done. Don't forget about those dudes back in the day. I forgot his name, but he's a famous Marine (Like Smedley Butler or someone of that sort) who was a commissioned officer in the army or navy, and went enlisted Marine.

It takes a Marine, or at the very least a Marine poolee, to understand what the Corps is really about.

I actually talked to my buddy Frenchy who had an Army officer return his salute at Fort Lost in the Woods...WITH A WATER BOTTLE in his hands.

Ridiculous.

proachbass91
10-18-06, 01:17 PM
My father did something simmilar a LONG time ago. He enlisted in the Marine Corps as a HS dropout with no GED (back in the 50's) Eventually he tried to get a comission but because he did not have a diploma or GED the Marine Corps would not give him a shot, the Army gave him a 2yr college equivelency(spelling) exam and a commision once he passed. After a year and a half he hated it, went back to the Marine Corps as an enlisted Marine.

Master Sephiroth
10-18-06, 03:43 PM
Ha! Somebody should make a cartoon out of this. Where's that guy who draws stuff like this

oneshot649
10-23-06, 02:23 AM
I was reconning an army forum site about their BCT the other day and watched as two guys who were thinking about joining changed their minds and both posted that they were going to the Corps because all those army guys did was bicker about whose MOS was bigger..