PDA

View Full Version : Educated and Motivated

Bass
10-17-06, 08:10 PM
Whoo!!

For those who are wondering how my grades and everything are holding up, I have a C in English now after pulling it up 28 points, I am also taking night classes for the one class that I failed.

I am so motivated, that I can hardly stand it. I train every day and I enjoy it. I am in the recruiting office nearly every day just to help out and maybe do some pull-ups just for the hell of it. My mom bought me a cadence cd to run to and I listen to that thing every day. All the training I'm doing is really paying off. I did my IST this week and I did really well. I love motivating kids at the DEP meetings and I love it when I am chosen to lead PT.

Just thought I would update you guys on my status as far as grades goes, and let you know that I am more motivated than ever. I can't wait to get out to boot camp. I won't ever be prepared for what I will see at boot camp, but at least I have to confidence to stand up and go.

Rct Bass

:flag:

Accord
10-17-06, 08:18 PM
Good to go. How many pullups are you doing?

Bass
10-17-06, 08:28 PM
First 'unofficial' IST I did 13, and on Saturday I did 14.

Achped
10-17-06, 08:49 PM
Just to pump some more moto into this thread, today I busted out THIRTEEN pull ups! I've added 7 in 2 months!

jinelson
10-17-06, 08:52 PM
by Bass - I won't ever be prepared for what I will see at boot camp, but at least I have to confidence to stand up and go.

Now thats a moto statement if I ever heard one. With your attitude there will be no challenge that you will not conquer. Stay the course that you are on and I guarentee that you will be good to go next summer and recruit training will be much easier. While your at it lets not forget your mind take a look at the Recruit Knowlege thread in the Marine Mentor forum.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28850

Jim:)

quillhill
10-17-06, 08:57 PM
Now that is what I wanted to see. Keep us posted on how things go in the night classes. I am pleased to see your moto and your positive attitude. Other Poolees might have made excuses and let this drag them down, but I can tell you are using this as a chance to learn and better yourself.
Good job, pup (if I may borrow a page from SSgt Nelson's phrase book).
By the time the holidays roll around, you'll be ahead of the game.
Keep up the hard work, catch up where you haven't yet and get ahead where you can. I look forward to more positive progress reports!

Bass
10-18-06, 05:41 AM
good work achped!! added 7 in 2 months! thats awesome man, how are you in the mile 1/2 and crunches?

I will definately keep you guys posted, and I won't have a problem with night school. Its so easy, its not even funny. They give me assignments to finish before the term is up, and I just finish them at my own pace and take tests after every chapter...I'm predicting at least a B.