PDA

View Full Version : Steriod Use

Poskew
10-17-06, 05:59 PM
Somebody asked me a question if people in the military use steriods. I didnt know the answer. I have seen plenty of jacked Marines. Out of experience have you seen Marines using steriods ??

JoeSzynal
10-17-06, 06:09 PM
Na no steroids. They're just pog's with plenty of time for the gym. :bunny:

Seriously though what kind of responses are you looking to get here. I've never seen it but if I had why would I spill my guts in the poolee hall.

Poskew
10-17-06, 06:25 PM
Well I wasnt to sure thast why its a question because I dont know. Sorry if I got you all riled up ha. :thumbup:

JoeSzynal
10-17-06, 07:21 PM
Come on how could I get riled up? I'm on leave brotha. Just chillax'n. <br />
<br />
Maybe I misunderstood YOUR question (i know you said 'somebody' asked you, but let's be honest, it's your question). Did you...

Poskew
10-17-06, 07:30 PM
It came up at the gym when I was working out. Honestly this is the last time Im going to bring it up in this fashion cause I dont want to argue, but your saying this isnt the place because asking if Marines did something illegal on a Marine site isnt the place. But im sure discussions like this happen all the time on sports sites like baseball sites when its illegal for them as well.. so how is this a question that isnt in the correct place for asking? Im not interogating your or nor am I asking for personal information on the persons name or time of when he/she took them or what kind it was. Just when asked the question, I wanted to know also. Dont mean to stir things up bud. But I hope your enjoying your leave you deserve it.

Marine84
10-18-06, 07:56 AM
Poskew - you must be retarded son - Marines don't NEED to take steroids. Your voice probably just cracked a few months back - when your nuts drop and the testosterone REALLY kicks in added with some good ole Marine Corps training, you'll beef up like John Cena. Then all the women will love you too!

Marines on steroids - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! - that's just too funny!

Echo5November
10-18-06, 08:03 AM
Negative, the Marine Corps takes a zero tolerance policy on steroids just like illegal drugs. If you test positive, you get the boot.

Poskew
10-18-06, 08:24 AM
Whoa Marine84 whats with the insults its just a question. I dont think the question is out of line. People who lift alot of weights may get suckered into steriods. Im not out insulting anybody so I dont understand why you are insulting me. Its just like asking if Marines have ever been caught using drugs. Just a simple question. Dont appreciate the insults. :thumbup:

Osotogary
10-18-06, 09:11 AM
Poskew- <br />
Out of experience have you seen Marines using steriods ? <br />
<br />
I do believe that your question has been answered, albeit in a very brief manner. <br />
<br />
1. Zero tolerance for any drug use. Your...

Camper51
10-18-06, 09:39 AM
Poskew,

If Marines have been caught using steroids you would never hear about it and neither would anyone else in the Corps since it just isn't announced any more than a drug conviction is announced. If they get the boot for it then they just disappear and maybe their buddies know about it but no one puts it in the local paper like they might in the civilian world...

Haven't you ever noticed that you NEVER hear of military court convictions unless it is a really big media case. The military keeps it to themselves and doesn't publish that kind of crap.

As to Marine84's response to you... She has the right to speak her mind in here and often does. She EARNED the title, you haven't. By the way I happen to agree that logically the question is a dumb one, albeit a good one...

Marine84
10-18-06, 09:47 AM
As I said in my PM Poskew - no insult to you personally son. I know you think you're a "man" at this point but....................you'll see what I'm talking about in a few years.

Til then.............keep pumpin' it up!

Poskew
10-18-06, 01:06 PM
Sounds good

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-18-06, 05:07 PM
Poskew, I don't appreciate the attitude you have on this post. You were told the question was inappropriate for this forum, and that should have been the end of it. The decision as to what is appropriate or not is not yours to make, and that is the end of the story.

For what its worth, I know many Marines that were larger than just about anyone in any gym. They got that way through proper diet and exercise. That and the right genetics really is all it takes.

Poskew
10-18-06, 06:33 PM
If its over then its over sir. I have nothing more to say on the subject. I got the point. :thumbup:

Poskew
10-18-06, 07:16 PM
Id also like to apologize if I came off wrong with the attitude been a rough couple days.. emotions very high at the moment.

Marine84
10-18-06, 07:24 PM
No excuse. That's another part of becoming a Marine - you have to leave your emotions at the door.

Poskew
10-18-06, 07:30 PM
Aye Aye ma'am

dscusmc
10-18-06, 07:54 PM
Poskew - the Marine Corps' zero tolerance policy is serious business. Stay away from Marines that even talk about drugs. But, to answer your question, apparently there are Marines out there trying to...

Poskew
10-18-06, 07:56 PM
Preciate it bud. :thumbup:

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-18-06, 09:10 PM
WOW, now we call Officers of Marines bud? Didn't know things had become that relaxed! ;)

PooleeJon23
10-18-06, 09:18 PM
Poskew didn't have an attitude in his posts whatsoever. It kind of made me chuckle though. I'm kind of anti-apologizing just for asking what is considered a dumb question. Basically what it comes to...no matter where you go you'll find people being stupid and breaking rules, but they'll be screwed if they're caught. Don't do it and stay far away from the people that do.....Done

Marine84
10-19-06, 08:12 AM
Incoming...............................

Poskew, you're going to be a hard one to teach I can see it coming. But, you'll be a lot of fun for the ones trying to teach your a$$.

When you see an avatar that is anything BUT chevrons or the Eagle, Globe and Anchor with "Private" across it - YOU ARE TO SAY SIR OR MA'AM, whichever the case may be. You just called a 2LT in the Marine Corps "bud"! Doofus.............

Master Sephiroth
10-19-06, 12:01 PM
Preciate it bud. :thumbup:

You called a Second Lieutenant "bud"? What're you gonna call a General; "dude"?

outlaw3179
10-19-06, 01:59 PM
lol..homie.

Marine84
10-19-06, 02:57 PM
lol

STA0311
10-19-06, 04:05 PM
We had a kid get busted and and booted for doing roids when we were in OKI. He roid raged on his squad leader...it was hilarious. The squad leader was one of those people that lived by their rank and had no leadership skills and this roid user made him aware of it. LOL LOL

Kildars
10-19-06, 04:25 PM
Thank you for the information, Sir. I have been also wondering about this because I know some guys who acted like they had no problems with steroiods and I was trying to find out whether or not the...

Poskew
10-19-06, 06:23 PM
Oh boy I really messed up. I was used to seeing other symbols and hadn't seen that one before. I was on the go also. I apologize I just now am checking the forums since that post. I feel like an idiot. Wont happen again.

Marine84
10-19-06, 07:23 PM
Lmao!

Pay attention to detail Bonehead! RANK should be the first thing you notice on ANY Marine. Lesson #2 Grasshoppa!

Poskew
10-19-06, 08:05 PM
Aye Aye Ms. Miagi

Marine84
10-19-06, 08:18 PM
I feel like an idiot. Wont happen again.

Do you still feel like one ? - I ain't your buddy either - you a hard headed one ain't ya?

Kildars
10-19-06, 09:13 PM
Get em LCpl!

Poskew
10-20-06, 06:42 AM
Actually Im very easy to get along with. Your the only one who seems to dislike me openly. But no worries ma'am. I like you. :bunny: . It was an accident wouldnt have done it to be a pain in the butt.

Osotogary
10-20-06, 07:28 AM
Technically, Poskew, it is Miyagi not Miagi but who's looking? LOL
Have a good day and a better night.

Marine84
10-20-06, 07:47 AM
No dislike at all son. You want to get a taste of the Marine Corps life before you get there, well..............here it is.

The Corps will not mollycoddle you - nobody will be your "buddy" except for however many men you end up sleeping with at night (meaning other recruits in a squadbay or roomies you end up with in the fleet) - nobody will care what your next "excuse" is for not doing something - nobody will spoon feed you - nobody will care if your feelings get hurt. If you think I'm bad, wait until you hit the life of the Corps. You're going to think a lot of folks don't like you but you need to get past all of that.

This is a serious fork in the road of your life that you are about to go down and there is a lot of discipline involved. There will be times when a DI will crack the funniest joke (at YOUR expense sometimes) and YOU have to have enough self discipline to NOT break a grin or get comfortable enough to slap a DI (or Officer) on the shoulder and tell him "preciate it bud". That don't flush - first thing he/she is going to do is get in your face with a vengence.

As I have told you before - nothing personal. You came in here wanting a taste of what you were about to get into, you're getting it. If any of this is going to "traumatize" you, I would suggest you make another career decision.

Carry on..................

Christiansen
10-20-06, 04:38 PM
Poskew, I always thought your name looked like pulaski. Sorry, random thought.

Take care of yourself.

Poskew
10-20-06, 08:52 PM
Sorry for the late post but im out wiht friends havin a good ole time. And Marine84 aye aye Ma'am. :thumbup:

Marine84
10-20-06, 09:06 PM
You are learning Grasshoppa - doesn't matter what you think - aye aye Ma'am or Sir is sufficient.

And Christiansen - some DI will surely change his name - I can't wait for him to come back after bootcamp and tell us what it was changed to. Mine wasn't changed cause it's pretty simple (Green) but I don't know how many times I got called Gomer because of my accent. I''m originally from SC so I wasn't too far from home but the DIs had a field day with it. Everytime I was asked if I had ever heard of Gomer Pyle I couldn't even roll my eyes (yes, I used to be BAD about it) - I could only say "yes Ma'am" and wait for them to quit laughing (while trying my best to keep MY bearing and not laugh) and wait for them to tell me to carry on. When I got out in the fleet, I was working on a rack one day with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth and some big dog SGTMAJ walks in. He said something about I was going to burn myself with that cigarette (which technically meant get that damned cigarette out of your mouth) but, luckily for me, a SSGT that had taken me under his wing was standing behind the SGTMAJ nodding his head and mouthing "say yes Sir" - cause my first thought when I heard him say it was to ask just who he might be. I would have been eaten alive by this old salt had I said it.

Poskew - keep your nose clean, have a good time, don't get so hungover that you can't get on that bar and..................carry on.

Poskew
10-22-06, 05:57 PM
Aye Aye Ma'am