PDA

View Full Version : How can I flush all protein out of my body by tomorrow morning?

Accord
10-16-06, 04:34 PM
I have to be at my recruiters office again at 0500 tomorrow morning because we have to go back to MEPS and I have to re-do my p!ss test because my first p!ss test showed "high" levels of protein which is simply due to my high protein diet, but the MEPS doctor doesn't care what the reason is and won't sign off on me and that i'm good to go until I can produce a urine sample without high levels of protein.

Today I ate no protein at all and i'd like any and all advice on how to flush any remaining protein out of my body so i'm good to go on the p!ss test tomorrow. I'm just drinking a TON of water, i've probably had 3 gallons today, but is there anything else I can do to flush any and all protein out of my body besides just drinking a ton of water?

Thanks

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-16-06, 04:45 PM
Drink tons of water, it will help flush your system. It isn't uncommon for people on weight loss programs to have too much protien in their urine, its just part of the game. I don't know how effective it is, but my recruiter had me drink a 32 oz. bottle of Gatorade about 2 hours before I went to MEPS. If you're still close to your max weight this will allow you to pee it out before you have to worry about being on the scale and the calories won't have effected your weight that soon. If you aren't close to your weight, go ahead and drink one tonight and again in the morning. It can't hurt, and it may just help you get through it.

Marine84
10-16-06, 05:10 PM
doesn't sound like you're trying to keep from popping positive for protein.....................

Accord
10-16-06, 06:02 PM
Drink tons of water, it will help flush your system. It isn't uncommon for people on weight loss programs to have too much protien in their urine, its just part of the game. I don't know how effective it is, but my recruiter had me drink a 32 oz. bottle of Gatorade about 2 hours before I went to MEPS. If you're still close to your max weight this will allow you to pee it out before you have to worry about being on the scale and the calories won't have effected your weight that soon. If you aren't close to your weight, go ahead and drink one tonight and again in the morning. It can't hurt, and it may just help you get through it.
I weighed in at 170 at MEPS so i'm no where close to my max weight. I'm done with the physical, as far as I know i'm just re-taking the p!ss test tomorrow and that's it, I hope.

I'm drinking a ton of water, I mean so much that I am p!ssing every 30 minutes. I'm approaching 1 gallon.

After everything i've been through to get to this point, losing the 80 pounds, etc., I really hope this stupid protein in my urine thing doesn't hold me back.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-16-06, 06:55 PM
Marine84, it isn't all that uncommon for someone to have this issue. If he were trying to get around a drug screen, then drinking water the day before isn't going to help.

Do they even screen potential Marines for drugs at MEPS? When I went in they didn't, you took the test at MCRD, not at MEPS.

Kildars
10-16-06, 07:05 PM
Do they even screen potential Marines for drugs at MEPS? When I went in they didn't, you took the test at MCRD, not at MEPS.

Yes Corporal they do, a guy stands there and watches you pee. It was difficult for me to pee when I had some guy standing there whip my equipment out and unload.. Though I played football before I have never had another male just blatently stare at my genitals lol.. Other than the hearing test, that was the hardest part of MEPS.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-16-06, 08:25 PM
They watched us pee too, but it was just to check for protein in our urine. I am glad they went ahead and changed to making it a drug screen as well. The quicker we can weed out the druggies the better.

Marine84
10-16-06, 08:33 PM
yeah we got screened for drugs

jryanjack
10-17-06, 07:27 AM
I hated drug screens in the fleet. You didn't know when they were coming until you showed up for morning formation then - boom! Having just gone I was one of those who did not have to go again for several hours. Then you drink all that water to make yourself go that you feel sick the rest of the day.

Marine84
10-17-06, 07:31 AM
I had to drink coffee for them pop quizzes and once you go you go alllllllllllllllll day!

outlaw3179
10-17-06, 09:18 AM
Drink Cranberry Juice....Tons of it. Also tons of water. Cranberry juice will help you flush it faster than just water alone.

yellowwing
10-17-06, 09:40 AM
I have to ask, why is it a bad thing to have protein in your urine? If something is wrong, why try to mask it?

Marine84
10-17-06, 01:24 PM
Don't you guys have a lot of protein in your semen? Have sex a time or 2 before you take a pop quiz.

Poskew
10-17-06, 01:49 PM
Yeah I dont think he is gettin laid :D so... do what you have to do to rid yourself of the protein.. gahahahha

Jfloirendo
10-17-06, 05:57 PM
I had the same problem when i went to MEPS. I had high protein. They will make you go to an outside company to get another test, then in 2 days they will probably call you back to MEPS when the results are in. I have high protein in my urine but my protein/creatine ratio was normal so as soon as I went in the doc signed off on it and i was good.

Accord
10-17-06, 06:28 PM
Just an update.

I re-took the p!ss test today and my protein levels in the 'quick test' they performed were perfectly 100% normal, but they're still sending it to an outside lab just for confirmation I guess so it will definitely come back fine. They also took like 5 viles of my blood and sent that to a lab too, why I had no idea.

Then as i'm walking out of MEPS i'm just walking down the hall and pass the doctor and he stops me and is staring at me face and goes "You have shiners!" and I have no friggen clue what he's talking about, then he starts asking me if i've ever taken a medicine called Claritin or other allergy medication and I told him no because I have no allergies. Now he wants me to get my ENTIRE pediatric medical record from the time I was born until now, which is going to be flat out impossible considering my family has easily moved 10 times in the past 20 years, it will be impossible to track down. This is such bull****.

So I get home and go onto Google and try and find out what "shiners" is and shiners is basically an allergy with the sinuses which causes dark circles/bags under your eyes. I don't have any allergies, but apparently I had bags under my eyes and the doctor now thinks i've got friggen "shiners" even though the reality is i've never had bags under my eyes in my entire life up until a few days ago when i've been averaging 2 hours of sleep a night and having to wake up at 3am every day. This is absolutely stupid. I was going to get a letter from my family doctor saying I don't have "shiners" but the medical doctors at MEPS outright refuse to accept or even read letters from private doctors.

The doctor is playing games, my recruiter got an ass chewing from the XO and now my recruiter is ****ed as hell at me. This is all such bull****.

PooleeJon23
10-17-06, 07:02 PM
Don't you get "shiners" from being tired too. Because you know everyone at MEPS isn't tired too. *Sarcasm*. Well hope things start going your way soon.

Brass
10-17-06, 07:32 PM
Wow, my MEPS experience (so far) hasn't been bad at all. I got a little football on my tag which fast tracked me through the earing and all that (got to go first) and was out of there by 11.

I feel for you though, the guy I had to room with (also a Poolee) was getting dicked around as well. I have no idea how long he spent there or if he passed. Normal guy by my estimates, but I guess not to the docs.

Accord
10-17-06, 08:15 PM
Don't you get "shiners" from being tired too. Because you know everyone at MEPS isn't tired too. *Sarcasm*. Well hope things start going your way soon.
Yeah you do, it's basically just bags under your eyes, but leave it up to MEPS to treat it like it was cancer. You can get it from being tired, or it can be an allergic reaction (which is not the case in this situation). I looked at the medical disqualifiers on about.com in relation to sinuses and allergies, and there is no mention of anything even remotely close to "shiners" or anything related to it, yet the doctor is making a big deal out of it. This is ridiculous.

I wish I thought of this before going but I had no idea they would turn it into such a friggen issue... if you have anything on your skin, any discoloration, bags under your eyes, whatever... just swallow some of your pride and cover it up with your mothers makeup. My whole MEPS experience has been so ridiculous and it's all over little insignificant things, these aren't broken bones or torn ligaments or joint problems or anything - we're talking about bags under my eyes from being tired!

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-17-06, 08:37 PM
I have them because of allergies. Nobody ever said a word to me about it.

Accord
10-21-06, 09:01 AM
I'M ****ING APPROVED!!!!!!!!!! **** YES!!!!!!!!!!!

My recruiter JUST called me 15 minutes ago, he really loves to mess around with me so he told me to sit down because he has some bad news. He said the results from the more in-depth **** test and the blood work that they sent out for extensive testing at the lab came back today and something showed up and it's permanently disqualifying. I literally just about had a heart attack I could not believe what I just heard. I just said "oh my ****ing god" and then he pauses for about 5 seconds and goes "haha, you know after everything we've gone through I just had to mess with you, everything came back fine and you're good to go!"

I'm shipping on January 8th!

yellowwing
10-21-06, 09:14 AM
Outstanding! 8 January, what's that? 11 weeks and change? Time to really buckle down.

quillhill
10-21-06, 11:26 PM
Congratulations, Accord. It must feel great to finally have a ship date. So, if all goes to plan does that mean you'd graduate in March?

So, time to brush up on your knowledge, huh? ;)

jinelson
10-22-06, 12:53 AM
Congratulations John thats the best news I've heard in a while. And you will get to be home for the holidays too, outstanding.

Jim :)

Accord
10-22-06, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys!

Achped
10-22-06, 09:38 AM
Woohoo John, good luck. I don't know about you but I hate the cold. I'll be there the hottest months of the year, you'll be there the coldest. Between the two of us nothing can stop us!!!

You'll be getting back the first week of April, merely two months before I will.

I trust you will help me out EXTENSIVELY with what I need to work on during those two months :)

Congrats!