PDA

View Full Version : Phony ‘Marine’ appears in court

thedrifter
10-16-06, 02:02 PM
October 16, 2006
Phony ‘Marine’ appears in court

Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — A Springfield man accused of illegally wearing a Marine Corps uniform and medals conducted himself in an “unconscionable” manner, a federal prosecutor said.

Michael Paul Bramlett, 34, made his initial appearance in U.S. District Court on Friday. He was indicted June 23 on two misdemeanor counts and faces up to one year in prison without parole and a fine of up to $10,000 if convicted.

“Particularly at a time when America’s brave men and women in uniform are putting their very lives on the line in defense of freedom and democracy overseas ... (Bramlett’s) actions, which have brought dishonor to himself, are an affront to the courageous soldiers who don the uniform every day,” U.S. Attorney Bradley Schlozman said in a statement.

Bramlett served in the Navy for three months in 1989 but never served in the Marines.

But prosecutors allege he appeared publicly last December wearing a Marine Corps uniform as well as decorations, medals, badges and ribbons of the armed forces without authorization.

Frank Atkinson, who served in the Navy and was attached to a Marine unit during Vietnam, said Bramlett wore the uniform and decorations at several Marine Corps League events during that time.

“Originally he came in to the installation dinner that we had about year ago, and he showed up wearing dress blues as a Marine Corps captain,” Atkinson said. “He was wearing ribbons and everything like that.”

He said Bramlett wore a Silver Star and several Purple Hearts and told of being wounded in Iraq by an improvised explosive device.

“I questioned it, because he didn’t have any combat action ribbons,” Atkinson said. “It just didn’t jive, so everyone started asking questions.”

Atkinson said the “dead giveaway” was when Bramlett arrived at a funeral service a few days later in full uniform with his sword on the wrong side.

Members of the Marine Corps League took pictures and forwarded the information to the FBI office in Springfield.

Information from the Springfield (Mo) News-Leader

Ellie

Ed Palmer
10-16-06, 02:18 PM
More on it W/Pictures

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies236.htm

outlaw3179
10-16-06, 02:37 PM
lol....wow!!!! What a f*cking Scumbag!

gregba02
10-16-06, 02:42 PM
Fuk That If He Wants To Weat The Uniform Then The Judge Outta Send His Ass To Mcrd To Earn It...punk Bastard.....you Can Easily Tell He's A Fake His Ribonns Badges Are All Off.........

bootlace15
10-16-06, 03:17 PM
There must be a lot of wannabes, I live in Gibsonia,pa. We got some guy that is in his 60's who claimed to be a Col in the Corp. He participated in a ceramony at the Butler County Airport here a couple of years ago on Memorial day. The BASTAR* even gave a speech. He got nailed and is awaiting a hearing. I know a man who attends church with this guy,his reply was that he started out as a PFC and over the years he just got carried away and kept climing the ladder to a higher rank. The Sick Son Of A Bitc*.. I'm checking the papers everyday because I think his hearing is this month.

Bootlace15

ggyoung
10-16-06, 03:51 PM
:thumbdown :devious: Off with there heads.

thedrifter
10-18-06, 02:44 PM
October 18, 2006 <br />
Former sailor charged with wearing Marine medals <br />
<br />
By John Hoellwarth <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
A U.S. attorney in Missouri has charged a former sailor with two counts of wearing unearned...

bootlace15
10-18-06, 04:05 PM
Holy Crap. As these sleeze bags say. I must have been mistreated!!!!!!!!!!

Rip Their NUTS OFF

clemdog
10-20-06, 10:11 PM
This rectum was exposed by our membership officers:

http://www.1stbattalion9thmarinesfirebase.net/LarryGugle.htm

recon532002
10-21-06, 02:06 AM
I have not the words that will even express how I feel about these two sorry sacks of ****!
Recon

Sgt Leprechaun
10-21-06, 03:34 PM
Sadly, this stuff is all too typical today. Check out the book "Stolen Valor" by BG Burkett.

It's also why they teach real Marines how to read ribbons, and know our uniform regs, in Recruit training...it helps spot these dirtbags.

They should immediately be sent 'to the front', handed a weapon, and be told to clear the nearest house of terrrorists.

E-7
10-21-06, 05:16 PM
That just tick's me off. I'm a sergeant in the Air Force but I'm not a marine but I have several friends and family members who are Marines and that just ****'s me off. That guy had no right to wear that uniform. I hope that guy's ass stays in jail for a long time.