PDA

View Full Version : I hate promotions...

Achped
10-14-06, 11:36 AM
Well, the head recruiter for our RS was a Gunnery Sgt. Cook.

He got promoted and went off somewhere else, and now my recruiter (Staff Sgt. Stokes, a WM) is head recruiter for our area.

Well, today was our first pool function and at pool functions we always get tested on general orders.

The format is "Sir, this recruit's first general order is blah blah", you know the drill.

Well, what the heck do I do?

"Garrison! What's your sixth general order!"

"Sir, this re-"

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY? PUSH. PUSH NOW! ONE TWO THREE ONE ONE TWO THREE TWO ONE TWO THREE, IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT? YOU WANT TO CALL ME A SIR? IS THAT RIGHT? IS THERE SOMETHING YOU NEVER TOLD ME GARRISON? DO YOU HATE ME? IS THAT IT? YOU HATE ME DONT YOU, DON'T STOP! PUSH! PUSH!!!! YOU CAME ALL THE WAY TO MY RECRUITING STATION AND ENLISTED UNDER ME JUST SO YOU CAN CALL ME A SIR. OUTSTANDING, DON'T STOP! PUSH!"

Dumbest. Thing. Ever.

She called me idiot boy for the rest of the morning.

bigdog43701
10-14-06, 01:13 PM
learn quick grasshopper...WM's are MAAM.

Barret
10-14-06, 01:38 PM
Hey, at least it's a little preperation for Marine life: Unexpected changes without warning, and alot of the time it's not a good change, either.

Stay strong, bro.:iwo:

J-Ro
10-14-06, 01:50 PM
learn quick grasshopper...WM's are MAAM.

I was going to say "does this poolee even rate to call our Women Marines "WMs" ?

Nice catch Big Dog

Remember AchPezzzzzz... Your a Guest No More and No Less

Marine84
10-14-06, 01:53 PM
OK now is where I really need some little figure rolling on the floor laughing his a$$ off! THAT is f'ing hilarious!!!!!!!!

I can see it happening....................get used to it son - just thank God everyday that you're a male and won't have to go through 3 months of THAT torture. Don't get me wrong, male DIs are hard - but, pretty much all they do is get LOUD...............we women, on the other hand have a few extra's going for us like............estrogen, the b!tch factor - HAHAHAHAHA! Poor thing, you're getting tortured BEFORE you hit MCRD!

Just make sure you change it to MA'AM - I can't quit laughing!

Marine84
10-14-06, 01:55 PM
And, no, you don't rate calling her a WM either - she is a WOMAN MARINE!

Thatcher
10-14-06, 03:58 PM
I dont know what youre recruiters have been telling you, but I was always told not to start a sentance with Sir...or Maam for that matter, Drill Instructors dont care too much for those Sir sandwiches

Poskew
10-14-06, 05:07 PM
Yeah we had our poolee function today and we were doing drill and the Gunnery Sergeant made a joke and I cracked a smile and another recruiter got in my face but not yelling and making the funny frog style voice the DI's have and was like you think thats funny I said no sir and and i was still smiling cause our recruiters joke around alot and i didnt know if he was joking or not so I said no sir again with a little smirk. He goes who is your recruiter and i said Gunnery Sergeant Williamson sir and he moves to my side still staring at me and says what the f***. I think I ****ed him off he walked over to my recruiter and started talking to her shaking his head. I mean cmon our recruiters always joke around and when they do the frog voice how was I supposed to know he wasnt joking. I felt pretty bad about it he gave me the cold shoulder the rest of the day. My recruiter is also a woman marine. I always wondered why she was that much meaner than the normal recruiter. For some reason I thought she was a Staff Sergeant and found out today that she was a Gunnery Sergeant so that may have somethign to do with it. But good work out today besides that little incident.

Poskew
10-14-06, 05:09 PM
I dont know why I never figured that considering I have seen her many times in the past weeks. I guess its cause I thought we only had one Gunnery Sergeant in the Raleigh Area. Her office is in another town from the Raleigh Station and my recruiter before her who is now back in the fleet was a Staff Sergeant and most of the recruiters are Sergeants or Staff Sergeants just caught me off gaurd. Thats probly another reason the recruiter got mad at me today in formation because I started calling her Staff Sergeant but saw her rank on her arm out of the corner of my eye and corrected myself.. Its my fault but didnt know if he was joking or not.

PooleeJon23
10-14-06, 05:17 PM
See my Recruiter and everyone else at my RSS isn't like that at all. He's always saying that he knows that he's not as hardcore strict on us as other RSS's, but he still does what we need to do to get done and I go to the office at least twice a week or more just to lift with them because they are cool. As my SSgt says "I ain't a Drill Instructor and I'm not going to pretend to be."

J-Ro
10-14-06, 05:20 PM
I dont know why I never figured that considering I have seen her many times in the past weeks. I guess its cause I thought we only had one Gunnery Sergeant in the Raleigh Area. Her office is in another town from the Raleigh Station and my recruiter before her who is now back in the fleet was a Staff Sergeant and most of the recruiters are Sergeants or Staff Sergeants just caught me off gaurd. Thats probly another reason the recruiter got mad at me today in formation because I started calling her Staff Sergeant but saw her rank on her arm out of the corner of my eye and corrected myself.. Its my fault but didnt know if he was joking or not.

No SH** Huh...

Poskew
10-14-06, 05:52 PM
Yeah I messed up. Live to learn from your mistakes. But before I had messed up her rank I couldnt tell if he was messing with me

Marine84
10-14-06, 05:58 PM
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see it. And ALL of your Recruiters are a lot easier on you than DIs are - DIs you got them 24/7 for 3 months! Day in and day out of that noise for 3 months.

May God watch over all of you......................(evil laugh)

Poskew
10-14-06, 06:34 PM
Yeah there was a Marine attending the function and he pushed me the whole run and it cut my time by 45 seconds. I thanked him and shook his hand after the run. :thumbup:

Kildars
10-14-06, 06:37 PM
wow thats amazing lol I dont think I've laughed that hard for a long time. I remember at my RS when I went to Poolee functions we had one Woman Marine and One Male Marine -- and they would both yell at me at the same time and you could never win.

Poskew
10-14-06, 07:04 PM
oh good times at the poolee functions. Except the hello dollies and flutter kicks wiht the holding 6 inches for a minute after and if anybody drops then we have to start over.. I thought I was about to die. Was moaning like a wounded animal :thumbup:

Achped
10-14-06, 08:28 PM
My apologies for saying "WM", sometimes the internet gets the best of me. In no way did I mean to offend any Woman Marines on here, to be honest I didn't know I had to earn that, I mean, people call Drill Instructor's DIs, and no, I'm not trying to bust balls I'm just saying that I didn't know and it will NOT happen again.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-14-06, 08:55 PM
I didn't know that there was anything wrong with you saying WM either Achped. But, now we both know. No need to apologize, just don't make a mistake twice.

Now, I know the recruiter was probably pretty ticked off at you. But it couldn't have been as bad as when I called my Senior DI Ma'am. I thought my life would come to an end that day/night.

Achped
10-15-06, 09:40 AM
Rofl, why don't you tell us about that story Corporal?

STA0311
10-15-06, 10:01 AM
Recruiters are not your friends...though you may think that they are. They play the "I'm your friend" really well until you graduate Boot Camp...then they have their number and are like..."who are you". But that is sweet that you guys think you are tight! LOL LOL As far as the WM thing...go 03 then you dont have to deal with them! LOL

Marine84
10-15-06, 11:08 AM
Achped - no problem with saying WM - I, for one, am not one that has a problem with anybody calling me that. As a poolee though, you must train yourself to use the full version.............just in case (all this is is a little discipline training before you get to bootcamp). No biggie.

Poskew - you think holding that 6" was hard for a minute or so - HAHAHAHAHA - wait til you get to the Island!

Barret
10-15-06, 11:49 AM
What's the longest that the Drill Instructors made you go without dropping your feet?

J-Ro
10-15-06, 01:15 PM
Yeah, Achped I'm just playin around. This is all just fun and Games this website. I didn't have anything like this before I joined to give me the the in and outs of what I rate and don't rate I didn't know anything about the Corps.

I think this site is just a way of not letting the poolees get to comfortable before they step off to boot (you know) No Big deal
:cool:

Marine84
10-15-06, 01:16 PM
More than a minute or so I can tell you that. My stomach was so tight coming out of bootcamp I could bounce a quarter off of it!

MarineArtillery
10-16-06, 12:08 AM
I tell you what there future devil dog, I'm a recruiter in California and talking about Marines like that before you have even thought about earning that title is a huge NO!!! You better think twice before having that mentality here. This is the Marine Corps, we are ALL Marines!! Get use to it! I know what you mean when you say that, but you have to understand what your talking about before you say things that other individuals may express. Become a Marine, then have a personal feeling, from experience!

outlaw3179
10-16-06, 09:46 AM
Promote em' ell I say..........

Achped
10-16-06, 02:56 PM
I tell you what there future devil dog, I'm a recruiter in California and talking about Marines like that before you have even thought about earning that title is a huge NO!!! You better think twice before having that mentality here. This is the Marine Corps, we are ALL Marines!! Get use to it! I know what you mean when you say that, but you have to understand what your talking about before you say things that other individuals may express. Become a Marine, then have a personal feeling, from experience!
I don't really understand what you're trying to say? By saying "She's a WM" I was just trying to point out that she was female, without knowing that she was female calling her sir wouldn't have made a very interesting story. Again, if I had known I didn't "rate" that, I would never have said it. "Talking about Marines like that"....like what?

I mean no disrespect, I'm just confused?

Accord
10-16-06, 04:36 PM
I accidentally said "Yes sir" to the female Marine who was my MEPS Marine Corps liason... she didn't notice, I guess I got extremely lucky, lol.

ItzAlex
01-12-07, 12:31 AM
Sounds like she might have been a DI at one point?

poolee0311
01-12-07, 12:49 AM
you def. got lucky, i made the same mistake and i was mad an example of in front of everybody, for the rest of the night at the hotel everybody called me mam, but **** it

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-12-07, 01:28 AM
Holy resurected thread Batman!

Anyway, I didn't notice before but someone asked for my story with calling the DI Ma'am, so I will tell it.

I hadn't written home in like 2 1/2 weeks just because I was always doing something else on the little free time we got. (The hour a day is a joke, we had like 5 minutes a week during first phase.) So, my mom decided to call the red cross because she was worried about me (That alone is enough to get you thrashed silly.) The Senior called me into the duty hut and gave me the phone to talk to the red cross lady.

I told her everything was just great in my best recruit way. The Senior then asked me if I was going to cry (assuming someone had died because that is the only reason the Red Cross should call) I said No Sir, I think. He accused me of calling him ma'am and I assured him I did not. He said something else (I don't remember what) and then I responded Yes Ma'am as loud as could be. Just because I had been talking to the woman and I was scared to death being on the phone in the duty hut as a first phase recruit.

Clearly I am still alive, but I don't know how.

Motorola07
01-12-07, 01:34 AM
Humm, I havent seen one recruiter at the poole functions get in anyones face, or even yell at anyone. They joke around more then 90% of the time. 2 GySgt, 2 SSgt, and I believe 2 Sgt's.
Take that back, one of the poolee is about 200 pounds, 5'11 maybe. Couldn't run the 1 and 1/2 mile run, and he got in his face.. Haven't seen that Poolee yet.

Christ0ph
01-12-07, 02:14 AM
Neither have I, I understand that poolee functions can be good for pt and memorizing what you need to know, but recruiters acting like DI's is overkill if you ask me. At our poolee get togethers we work on whatever and joke around, have a good time. When the time comes to ship out and step on the yellow prints is when the **** hits the fan :evilgrin:

Kegler300
01-12-07, 04:54 AM
I felt pretty bad about all 8 of my promotions...more responsibility, more money, more chicks...

Soon2BeVIP
01-14-07, 10:12 PM
Neither have I, I understand that poolee functions can be good for pt and memorizing what you need to know, but recruiters acting like DI's is overkill if you ask me.
Agreed. That's the first thing my recruiter told me after I enlisted. He was like..."When you see the other RSS' you will probably see a lot of the recruiters acting like DIs. That ain't me...I'm a recruiter not a DI. Just do what I say and we'll be good friends"....It's worked so far

Robertsjay
01-15-07, 12:53 AM
I don't believe I have seen any Marine Recruiters from my functions Scream. At all. Ever.

We played football this month. I have never been so sore in my life, and can't quite figure out why.