PDA

View Full Version : What's your thinking on these "New Anti-War Protesters?"

MillRatUSMC
01-19-03, 06:03 AM
My thoughts are that they are aiding and abetting an enemy that many are now being deployed against.
Shades of Vietnam.
Just like the Vietnam protests, every malcontent is using these protests as a vessel to stated their position.
Also what is it doing to those now in the service of the Armed Forces of this Nation?
Those protests could trigger many now active to question why they are being called to fight in a war that many are protesting against.
Now the burden of proof might fall on the Commander-In-Chief to spell out why we're going to war.
With a clear objective in mind.
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution comes to mind, LBJ used that as a means to wage war in Vietnam.
This UN Resolution needs a better explaination as WHY we're going to wage war in Iraq.
I know it's not the place for the military to question the WHY of it.
But they do deserve an explaination of why they're being asked to stake life and limb.
These protests could trigger a need for some ribbons of support, but this time lets use something other than "yellow" for those ribbons.

Barndog
01-19-03, 06:25 AM
The only thing I have to say Ricardo is :

They are discrediting each and every one of US - that ever wore a uniform HONORABLY.

And, thats the end of it, pure and simple.

Those missle cans they found this week could easily be planted. If this american public is so jaded to openly and whole heartedly believe that spew, we're all in a world of sh it. It's too conveinent. Just like the babies being thrown out of incubators in '91. Just like the teenage girl in the video proclaiming the same. All BS. ALL OF THAT WAS. It's funny the N and S 'NO FLY ZONES' are where all the oil is. Ask Condi Rice (nee Chevron) about that one.

My Brothers are dying NOW. They never stopped dying at the hands of these 'Holy Warriors' (anyone even read Bone's email to the {Protestor's ?????)

And, I'm anti-American?

Give me the break. Who wore the uniform to give you the right to say that spew in the first place? We defended the Constitution and your RIGHT to say whatever you want.

Maybe it's high time, we take a stand and defend against these domestic enemies. Cause man......... everywhere I look, I see and hear them spew this crap, and unwilling to go put on a uniform to defend it........but by GOD ship 'em off and let 'em DIE!!!!!!!!! - and in the meantime - desecrating the monuments dedecated for people like ourselves... in majority, paid for BY people like us - because the 'civilians and politcians' deem us "unworthy"??????? to do it for us?
WOW
(scratching his head)......... dammit - seems against the read of My Constitution. And, I'm a highly educated man. And, more importantly, a Marine.

**I may have drank too much lifer juice here, Bros. I was so sick from this new medication i was in bed at 1800 last nite. Up at 0100. Oh, what a glorious day in my Marine Corps it is!!!!!!!!!
Nothing like jamming a needle in yerself every day on purpose. Gee..... if itwas smack, I'd be gettin a buzz at least LOL - but I thank God I never did stupid sh it like that.

And, this is supposed to help?????????

LMAO

yellowwing
01-19-03, 06:59 AM
I was 3 years old during Tet. Did the peacnik protesters affect unit morale then?

When I worked for the CG in El Toro, I got the chance to ask the Chief of Staff about Jane Fonda. He said he fought for her right to do such an idiotic thing.

Now the Sgt-Maj had a different opinion! He wanted to Article 125 her hard and dry.

Barndog
01-19-03, 07:19 AM
I thin that was Article 135 wing......

FYI, from an old Winger himself from Mag-39... HML-267 (before it was called HMLA-267)

Semper FI

wrbones
01-19-03, 10:28 AM
See that search engine at the top of the screen. Put peace activists in it and when ya get done with that, put call to arms in it.

Lots of folks have already spouted off.

We're NOT done with the topic yet.

Still got to hear from those boys when they get back from D.C.

CAS3
01-19-03, 10:32 AM
MY GRIPE IS THIS:

They have taken all the parking in DC this weekend and I am pi ss ed.........bunch of granola eatin pu ss ie s

usmc85204
01-21-03, 02:08 PM
I not sure what the people in DC are protesting .I havn't heard a shot fired in anger as yet. They could at least wait until they have something concrete to protest. I must agree with their right to think the way they do and their right to protest the government. that is because if this government gets us involved with another war and dosn't stick it through until it is FINISHED. they are going to find me on the streets with a protest of my own. Finish what you start or don't start anything SEMPER FI

GyG1345
01-21-03, 02:22 PM
"NEW" anti-war protestors???

What's new? The faces are only slightly different, and Oprah and the others have had 30 more years to condition them--but basically they're the same folks all over again from the 60s/70s!!!

DickG

Joyce
01-21-03, 02:39 PM
Those people should have to spend a year in another country, pick any country and then they would appreciate it here.....

Super Dave
01-21-03, 03:20 PM
My thoughts...One Shot..One Kill...One Thousand Meters..End of Story