PDA

View Full Version : GT Score... need this info ASAP!

Accord
10-11-06, 06:19 PM
Can anyone here please confirm exactly what categories make up your GT score? I have thought it was AR(Arithmetic Reasoning) + VE(word knowledge+paragraph comprehension)... is this true? My recruiter said that MK is also included in the GT score but literally everything I have read online here, about.com, etc. says that MK has nothing to do with your GT score. Can anyone please confirm whether MK is factored into your GT score or not.

Thank you!

Rockabilly
11-07-06, 03:02 PM
Im still trying to interpret my results and I was told I need a GT score of 105 to be a mechanic, is this true?

Accord
11-07-06, 03:05 PM
Im still trying to interpret my results and I was told I need a GT score of 105 to be a mechanic, is this true?
Your ASVAB results sheet should say your GT score right on there.

rktect3j
11-07-06, 03:11 PM
ASVAB Scores Required for the Marine Corps
The Marine Corps converts the ASVAB subtest scores into five composite score areas, known as "line scores." The line scores determine what job(s) an individual qualifies for. The ASVAB subtests are: General Science (GS); Arithmetic Reasoning (AR); Word Knowledge (WK); Paragraph Comprehension (PC); Numerical Operations (NO); Coding Speed (CS); Auto and Shop Information (AS); Mathematics Knowledge (MK); Mechanical Comprehension (MC); Electronics Information (EI); and Sum of Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension (VE).
Marine Corps Line Scores are determined as follows:
CL—Clerical—VE+AR+MK
EL—Electronics—GS+AR+MK+EI
GT—General Technical—VE+AR
MM—Mechanical Maintenance—NO+AS+MC+EI
ST—Skilled Technical—GS+VE+MK+MC

rktect3j
11-07-06, 03:12 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blusmcasvab.htm