PDA

View Full Version : MEPS on Sunday

Smalcom
10-11-06, 12:03 PM
After 10 years of waiting to be a Marine, i finally get to go to MEPS and to be one step closer. Asvabs already been taken however (86).

0300!!!!!

Kildars
10-11-06, 01:17 PM
Congratulations.

Just hope you make it through, remember they don't know anything you don't tell them.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-11-06, 02:07 PM
Also remember that by withholding information from them you are showing a total lack of integrity, which is not the sign of a Marine.

Kildars
10-11-06, 02:29 PM
What the Corporal said is very true.

Good luck.

Andersen
10-12-06, 01:54 AM
Also witholding information is called "fradulent enlistment" and it would really suck to wait for 10 yrs and then land in that.

Kildars
10-12-06, 02:02 AM
Also witholding information is called "fradulent enlistment" and it would really suck to wait for 10 yrs and then land in that.

I do not mean to hold back big information but I am sure that every poolee or most everyone did not spill their entire life and medical history to the meps doctors.

PooleeJon23
10-12-06, 02:52 AM
I do not mean to hold back big information but I am sure that every poolee or most everyone did not spill their entire life and medical history to the meps doctors.
Ha. So true. I think it's nearly impossible to go through all the medical questions without one of them at least being true, but I don't know anyone that admitted any of them. Not good, but they all said there recruiters told them too. Not that I needed to lie because I don't get sick or hurt. Haven't broke a bone or anything before and never have gone to the hospital.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-12-06, 10:07 AM
I am so glad that the future of the Corps holds integrity so sacred.

We may be in trouble if this is the attitude of the next generation of Marines.

jinelson
10-12-06, 10:17 AM
Wow Sean the day has almost come finaly. You will do fine and soon we will be congratulating you. Your ASVAB is strong, your PT is outstanding and Im sure there is nothing else to hold you back. Now I want to see your face buried in the Recruit Knowlege thread because thats important knowlege which will be basic in your everyday life when you earn the title!

Good Luck On Monday

Jim

:)

Thatcher
10-12-06, 10:51 AM
Congrats Smalcom, all your dedication will take you a long way.

How exactly is your PFT doing nowadays anyhow? Maybe during your stay at MCRD you could break the new pull up record of 91

:marine:

LivinSoFree
10-12-06, 02:48 PM
All I'm gonna say is that sometimes documents get faxed up the chain and come back missing a page or two. Technology's so unreliable sometimes, y'know? :marine:

Kildars
10-12-06, 04:58 PM
All I'm gonna say is that sometimes documents get faxed up the chain and come back missing a page or two. Technology's so unreliable sometimes, y'know? :marine:

Understood and Agreed, sir. ;)

Poskew
10-12-06, 06:44 PM
Dude I hated meps.. the weird Indian doctor who made me show him my arse ol kinda freaked me out.. Not Cool... please god tell me you all went through this and I wasnt some freak show for the guy and i should be going to the police right now.. ha

Kildars
10-12-06, 10:01 PM
Dude I hated meps.. the weird Indian doctor who made me show him my arse ol kinda freaked me out.. Not Cool... please god tell me you all went through this and I wasnt some freak show for the guy and i should be going to the police right now.. ha

You had to show your ass?

I've never heard of that before.. he must have thought you were cute or something.:marine:

Achped
10-12-06, 10:53 PM
I had to do that too. But he actually poked and prodded (not PRODDED) mine!!!

Side note: The same MEPS doctor my dad had in 1972 was the same MEPS doctor I had in 2006!!! Talk about dedication!!

Poskew
10-12-06, 11:05 PM
god knows how many arses he has seen