combined strike force with troops from several nations
included in it.

Could it work? Let's take a look at one operation. A
combined force beach landing on a tropical island. When the
troops hit the beach.........

The Royal Marines go fishing.

The US Marines wait for CNN to arrive.

The French don't care whose beach it is; it's French territory
now, and say the English gave them no other choice.

The Canadians watch the Americans very closely, then offer to
guard their landing strip.

The Dutch have a beach party and smoke some dope saying the
English don't understand them.

The Italians go sunbathing.

The Germans land and build a car factory.

The West Indians go looking for the Dutch.

The Austrians just watch the Russians and Germans.

The Chinese win the natives hearts and minds then kill them.

The SEALs arrive after dark and kill anyone who is not a SEAL.

The Aussies and Kiwis land then start fighting each other over
a sheep.

The South Americans send a contingent of 2000 generals.

The South Africans start shooting at anyone with a tan.

The Saudi's start drilling for oil.

The Russians open a chain of massage parlours.

The Brit airborne troops get charged with murder even though
they have not opened fire yet.

The Spanish are late.

The Portuguese are late but blame the Spaniards.

Delta Force makes a movie about the landing.

The Greeks and Turks turn up then send a bill to the
Yanks and Brits.

The British Army cannot come because all six of them
have flu.

The Japanese don't know who owns what ships and decide
to sink them all.

The Californian National Guard contingent won't land until
someone opens a Starbucks.

The New Yorkers paint their Amtrak's yellow and will
take you ashore for 50 bucks.

The Irish Army will be late because they say they are stll
celebrating St. Patrick's Day.

The Israeli's start building a kibbutz and shell the
Palestinians as a precaution.

The Scandinavians like it off shore and stay there killing
whales for the Japanese.

The Polish tunnel under the beach looking for coal.

The Palestinians say it used to be theirs but the
English gave it away.

The Oklahomans have no damn idea what a beach is.

The Scottish claim to have found the beach first but accuse
the English of stealing it.

The Texans look for anyone bad mouthing them.

The Mexicans invade Arizona by mistake.

The Welsh say it's King Arthur's last resting place but the
English stole it.

The Swiss apply for a bank charter.

The Lybians blow up two UN planes.

The UN will send an Ambassador if the member states pay their
dues.

The Kentuckians open a KFC.

The Panamanians ask the U.S. what they should do.

The Floridians demand a recount and free Prozac.

The EU want to set up a commission of 50,000 administrators
paid for by the English.

The Swedes just want to screw.

The Michigan contingent issue a safety recall and sue General
Motors.

The Matell Corp. sends 10,000 GI Joe's and one Barbie.

Some guy from Tennessee swears that Elvis and Jimmy Dean are
just over the dunes.

The Rumanians and Albanians finally arrive and surrender.

The Coloradans cut off the Kansan's water supply.

H. M. The Queen will give anyone a Knighthood if they
can grab her a few hundred acres or find a job for
Charles.

The New Hampshire contingent declares that everyone
there is Sooooo Cruel and open a soup kitchen.

The North Koreans have no idea what is going on but
blame America anyway.

Washington State NG builds a monument to Bill Gates.

The Pakistanis build a Motel Six, a convenience store
and gas station.

Jimmy Carter arrives and declares peace.

Swiped from Buffalo's Adult Chips
Buffalos-adult-jokes-subscribe@egroups.com

3BadgeMarine
01-17-03, 07:20 PM
:no: Can you name me any conflict when the United Nations has been an effective force,I for one never gave them any credit,and in my 25 years service never did wear a Bonny Blue Bonnet.Aye JR

eddief
01-19-03, 08:49 AM
Screw the UN. They have a globalist agenda. Some of their
marked vehicles have been seen in our rural and woodland
areas. What does that say about the true nature of our
own government? Just something to think about as our
country gets ready to enforce a UN resolution on Iraq.
Who's to say when it will be our time for a UN resolution
of disarmament.

wrbones
01-19-03, 11:40 AM
We'll make other resistance fighters look like a bunch of wannabes...

IF that ever happens.

Barndog
01-19-03, 11:48 AM
I cant say what I want, cause the guys in black suits would show up at my doorstep in a few hours.

LOLOLOL

Did I mention something earlier, in a previous post, about ballz across the nose?????

koffUNkoff

That wasnt a hairball. LOLOL

JChristin
02-06-03, 04:29 AM
The UN is made up of a group of people, concerned about the security of other member states. HA! What a much of commie yellow sissy $hit!

They should be concerned about the potential deadly effects that Saddam Hussein character can have on the entire world. Instead, they are only concerned that the only super power left to serve and protect their liberties and freedoms may be exercising their supreme power too far and too much. They want to keep us in "check" while we are using every line of civilized logic and reason to gardner their support for when we have to take this demon out! They just don't want any "blood" on their hands. They are a band of sissy's waiting for their big sister to do her job. We will too, and they know it.

Sure wish we would start taking that tryrant out of the middle east. At least the United States of Amercia has the backbone to make a decision and then take the action required to do that which is right.

Semper Fi

leroy8541
02-06-03, 05:15 AM
Last time we were in Iraq they wanted us to wear the blue covers on our pots, ha. Our job is to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy, with fire and manuveor, not make tea and kiss butt!! Colin Powell just showed everyone that the Iraqi's are running from the U.N. I think they have a deal, nobody is that stupid. They are laughing in our faces hiding behind the U.N. They are calling our proof hollywood special effects. I say it is a U.N. and Iraqi smokescreen. They used cardboard tanks and smokepots in the gulf war that didn't work! Now they are playing hide and go seek! They are forgetting who they are playing with!!

Rob Parry
02-06-03, 10:03 AM
UN = coffee shop = chat time and glad handing in nice suits. Time to change the name. They could retain the UN bit, but it would now be part of a banner on the front of the building which would read
"UNder new Management - See Dubya - he da man"

greybeard
02-06-03, 06:24 PM
UN strike force?? Half of em believe that means to go on strike. They already have a strike force-it's called the US MARINES!! But They neeed us-but we don't need the UN.

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 01:41 PM
I agree that the UN appears to be a spent force. However, you may sense a degree of unease from the Germans and French about the way froward. Although everyone I know is supporting the US of A in the struggle against terrorism, an increasingly vocal majority are querying the right of one nation, mightier than the rest to declare itself the arbiter of right and wrong.
Whether you like me saying this is neither here nor there, the fact is that outside the US many people are saying just that. The Korean situation has enhanced their argument. Dubya hasn't planned to wander over the fence at the 49th because he knows Kim will press the tiny red button as soon as he'd zip up his Elvis suit. consequently some of POTUS' standing has been undermined.
One probable outcome of all this over the next 10 years may be a retrenchment of the US into a more isolationist policy and protection of the homeland. I sincerely hope not, but the signs are there.
Inkummmmin.........

JChristin
02-07-03, 02:00 PM
of course, the greatest country since Rome could always play hardball with all these other countries.

Stop all forms of forgein aid. Stop all funding of any type of projects the USA is helping. Stop all defense programs. Pull everything of our's out of their countries. Cease every form of aid.

Uhmm...bit they would all start changing their tune in less than one quarter of a heart beat. We would just start the process and all the belly aching would begin. But imagine the relief to the US Tax Payer!

Semper Fi
JChristin

Super Dave
02-07-03, 02:20 PM
One correction..upon landing the French would surrender!!

mrbsox
02-07-03, 02:35 PM
One point to consider....

IF... in 1938 or 39, had Churchill launched a pre-emptive strike on Germany, the world would be a different place. I don't think anybody would dispute that. No WWII (maybe), no Holacaust... etc.

BUT... would Churchill have been considered a 'war-monger', or acting too big and strong, or what ever the world is thinking about the U.S. right now?

George W. may be in the same spot. History tells us Churchill WOULD have saved Millions of lives.... will we if we go ???

Just a thought.

Terry

Rob Parry
02-07-03, 03:51 PM
Sox, the difference in '39 was that Churchill did not have the means to carry out a pre-emptive strike, he was not in fact Prime Minister, he was in the wilderness. A hawk, detested by the liberal elite who had failed to listen to his warnings, and take note of their own intelligence service. I believe Hitler would have been far more wary of Gt Britain if Churchill had been in the negotiating seat. As it was we sent the school chess team!
The main thrust of opinion remains, and has been the same for many years, we should have finished the job in '91. Iraq was wide open, there was no obstruction from any Arab country, all the opposition was in the talking shops in Washington and London. Scared of shadows? Whatifs?

leroy8541
02-07-03, 08:25 PM
woulda, shoulda, coulda. we woulda totally dessimated iraq's military in 5 more days if the whining blue hatters woulda shut their mouths and let norm finish it! the bleeding heart liberals are still crying overkill on our part. how may of you were there on the morning after death highway. I was. to me it was an absolute victory over killers rapists and thugs and thieves. to the liberal "elite" ( i hate that word) it was uncalled for overkill, and straight out murder. even in our judicial system if you kill a person who is trying to kill you its called self defense, most of the crispy criiters i saw were holding rifles or sitting behind anti- aircraft weapons. MURDER? i think not. the 16 year old girl my second fire team found in an industrial dryer still tethered by an ambilical cord to her unborn child, that was murder. I only hope we killed responsible parties that night ,if not we will this time.

Rob Parry
02-08-03, 01:36 PM
Now I'm worried, Somebody agrees with me. I'm going home to think about this, perhaps my tactics need revision. Leroy, y'all stop that it destabilises me.

yellowwing
02-14-03, 06:24 PM
UN Strike Force sounds like one of those oxymorons. Jumbo shrimp, squared away sh*t bird.