PDA

View Full Version : Weight Losses

thedrifter
10-10-06, 06:42 AM
Weight Losses <br />
<br />
October 10, 2006: The U.S. Army, responding to complaints that physically fit women were being forced out of the service because of unrealistic weight requirements, have changed the...

WalkingMan
10-10-06, 12:05 PM
In the civilian world, more and more people are overweight. But in the armed forces, you either stay trim, or find another career.

Hmmm... I'm a PT freak. I'm 5'10" and weigh 165 lbs (what I weighed when I graduated boot camp/ITR), can run three miles w/o getting winded (takes me longer than it did in boot camp), and I don't know what my bodyfat percentage is, but it must be pretty low, as I don't have a gut, or any other extra baggage.

A while back, I downloaded a *.pdf file from the Navy's website, titled 'Peak Performance Through Nutrition and Exercise'. It has really good guidelines for anyone wanting to get and stay in shape.

Osotogary
10-10-06, 01:08 PM
Walkingman-
I guess I could just find this out for myself but I want to ask you..is this *.pdf file from the Navy's website, titled 'Peak Performance Through Nutrition and Exercise' pretty much for all ages or is it just for those in the enlisted ages of say, 18-35? Do think that it is an easy read, without too much jargon and do you think that it is layman friendly? Thanks for your input in advance.
Gary

WalkingMan
10-11-06, 04:52 AM
Walkingman-
I guess I could just find this out for myself but I want to ask you..is this *.pdf file from the Navy's website, titled 'Peak Performance Through Nutrition and Exercise' pretty much for all ages or is it just for those in the enlisted ages of say, 18-35? Do think that it is an easy read, without too much jargon and do you think that it is layman friendly? Thanks for your input in advance.
Gary

Yes. It is easy to understand and use, and it has charts for '40 and under' and for '40 and above'.

I did a quick Google search for the link this morning, and was unable to locate the full *.pdf file that I have, but I did locate an on-line version, with small, chapter-sizes *pdf files, so you can check it out yourself at:
http://www-nehc.med.navy.mil/hp/nutrit/peak.htm

Then, if you would like to get the full version, I can upload a copy to my website for you to download, if you have a fast Internet connection, or I can burn you a CD, and mail it to you.

Osotogary
10-12-06, 11:20 AM
Walkingman-
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the information. I'm still on "dial up" so I'm sloooooow. Much obliged for the offer of sending me a CD. I'd like to down load from the website myself and see how that goes.
Take care of yourself. Have a good day and a better night.
Gary