PDA

View Full Version : Mecep Fy 07

deedle
10-07-06, 09:23 PM
Has anyone else on this site applied for MECEP this year? If so, I would like to open up a conversation about it (i.e. Stats, school selection, degree major, etc.)

deedle
10-08-06, 06:20 PM
here are my stats:

I'm 24 yrs old, 4yrs of service, Cpl, 281 PFT, 85-AFQT, and 53 college credits/3.25 GPA. I want to attend the University of South Carolina and study Psychology. If commissioned I would like to be an infantry officer.

deedle
10-12-06, 01:31 AM
Wow, no one on this site applied this year?!

sirmess1
10-12-06, 04:07 AM
I graduated OCS this past August, and for some reason, all the mecepers in my OCS platoon came from the Air Wings.
I didin't do Mecep though, I did PLC-Ground Combined

deedle
10-12-06, 12:15 PM
Thanks for responding and congrats on getting through OCS! How does the PLC work?

LivinSoFree
10-12-06, 02:44 PM
Sirmess- I assume you were Charlie Company? I was up there for PLCCOMB (G) w/Alpha Company (2nd Plt). And on a side note- I don't care if Brits can count or not, that Field Meet was Bullsh*t.

LivinSoFree
10-12-06, 02:45 PM
For info on PLC- check the thread entitled "A Few PLC Questions" or something of that ilk under the "Ask A Marine" section. Any other questions, feel free to PM me.

sirmess1
10-12-06, 08:04 PM
haha, you assume correctly, CHarlie Company, Dirty Third Platoon!! hahah, you almost won the field meet, The Colour Sgt couldn't add, luckily, our PTI looked it over and pointed out that he didn't add up the points. I am sure you remember Pugil Sticks too, fun times.
As for PLC, I just went to a Officer selection Officer, similar to a recruiter, a requirement was that I be attending college already. I just put in a package, got my unit to sign off on it , and then I went to OCS.