thedrifter
10-06-06, 03:15 PM
October 06, 2006 <br />
Marine: Gitmo guards bragged about abuses <br />
<br />
By Thomas Watkins <br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. — Guards at Guantanamo Bay Naval Station, Cuba, bragged about beating...

DWG
10-06-06, 06:50 PM
The abridged story above fails to mention that the people bragging about these allegations were SAILORS, not Marines. I read the story on Fox twice before I realized that no Marines were part of this. It sounds to me that a bunch of drunken swabbies were trying to impress a female Marine with how tough they were. It just demonstrates that you need to watch your mouth when you are talking to people you don't know-you never know how it may end up being used against you. I resent the fact that the impression the story conveys is that it was Marines involved.

jinelson
10-06-06, 07:10 PM
It seems to me that if we were fighting this war like our enemy is we would have no detainees. What would the bleeding heart liberal media have to scream foul over then.

DWG
10-06-06, 09:38 PM
They will win this war like they "won" Viet Nam-in the U.S. Press-get ready for it, it WILL happen again, and if so we should finally take Smedley Butlers' advice and stay the f*** home-our politicians don't have the will to fight a war nor the intelligence to operate a police action.

thedrifter
10-07-06, 07:28 AM
Pentagon to Probe Gitmo Beatings Claim <br />
<br />
By THOMAS WATKINS <br />
<br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - The Pentagon said Friday that it will investigate a Marine's sworn statement that guards at Guantanamo Bay...

Born Invincible
10-07-06, 11:15 AM
Apparently the "Hearts and Minds" concept is out the window... The Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan today often wonder why so many Muslim radicals and insurgents are joining up well its things like this, Hamadiyah, Abu Gharib, and many untold Geneva Convention violations that occur that serve as a rallying call for future America Haters. If people looked at their actions on a more global scale and saw the effect it has on the world maybe some of these simple lapses in character would not occur... hopefully

outlaw3179
10-07-06, 12:19 PM
I wonder how fairly the soldiers who were caputured and killed in Muhmadiya were treated? Oh wait thats right , werent their tortured, mutilated bodies found booby trapped ....**** insurgents and their feelings.

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 12:22 PM
Apparently the "Hearts and Minds" concept is out the window... The Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan today often wonder why so many Muslim radicals and insurgents are joining up well its things like this, Hamadiyah, Abu Gharib, and many untold Geneva Convention violations that occur that serve as a rallying call for future America Haters. If people looked at their actions on a more global scale and saw the effect it has on the world maybe some of these simple lapses in character would not occur... hopefully

+1

And this also applies to the Marines that waxed the Haji and planted the AK on him.

horselady
10-08-06, 12:49 AM
I wonder how fairly the soldiers who were caputured and killed in Muhmadiya were treated? Oh wait thats right , werent their tortured, mutilated bodies found booby trapped ....**** insurgents and their feelings.

I agree. We wouldn't have to win their hearts and minds if we
had continued showing them the massive force of the US military.
I lived in Japan for several years, many years after the end of WWII.
When US forces occupied Japan after the end of the war, the people
feared us, and rightly so. Winning their hearts and minds was
relatively easy when the people thought the US troops would
come in and shoot the men and rape the women. But this was
back when the enemy didn't have it in their minds that our troops would hesitate before shooting a civilian. So when the occupying forces
showed them any kindness, the Japanese were ready to roll over
and kiss their feet.

But history has shown the insurgents that they need not fear the US.
That sooner or later public opinion will turn against the war and we
will run away with our tail between our legs, the picture they have
of the US since Vietnam and Mogadeeshu. And they know enough
to cry "torture" whenever they are taken prisoner and the American
left will go out of their little minds. They are using our own democracy
against us and they will win this way.

Our mistake was taking so many prisoners in the first place instead
of eliminating them on the spot.

I don't know if it's a Marine saying or not, but my husband always
says, "Better that they fear you than like you."

DWG
10-10-06, 09:01 AM
Tell it like it is Horselady. Between the press and rogue lawyers/aclu, our troops can't engage the enemy anymore. Shut the damn country down, eliminate the "insurgents" and then declare "mission accomplished". Little known fact; in Germany all military aged men were detained for two tears after the war and they still had hard corps Krauts waging a guerilla action in the countryside, they called themselves werewolves, usually former SS troops determined to continue fighting. These hadjis don't need a reason to butcher our troops, just an excuse and anything will do. Mainly seeing the press from this country along with some politicians gives them reason to continue their attacks. Everytime kennedy or murtha open their mouths about how we are screwing up, they create a situation that urges the enemy to attack our troops and weaken the will of the people back home.

OLE SARG
10-10-06, 09:16 AM
We need to send fatass murtha and swimmer kennedy over there for a day or two. I bet their fatasses would lose a little weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! murtha in the head and kennedy in the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

drumcorpssnare
10-10-06, 10:06 AM
These bleeding heart liberals, with their politically-correct 'warm fuzzy' attitudes, make me want to puke.

OK, the government decides to go to war. They give the military their mission. Now, the politicians need to keep their noses out of it, and allow the military to accomplish that mission. Period.

All's fair in love and war. This country can't send our military to do a job, and tie their hands behind their backs, and expect them to succeed.

I would like to see America announce to the entire world..."We are going to implement a democracy in Iraq. We will do whatever it takes to accomplish this mission. You are either with us or against us. If you are an insurgent or terrorist, we will find you, capture you, interrogate you, torture you, kill you, or any combination of the above...in order to bring freedom to Iraq. If you are an Iraqi citizen, in favor of democracy, work with us. If not...that's OK. We'll kill you, too. Oh, and media personnel of any type are NOT invited to this party! That is all."

If we made such an announcement, then stood behind our word...the next day, the bad guys would all have such long faces, they'd all look like John Kerry! They would realize the jig's up, and they couldn't win. We have to hit them hard enough where their desire to fight, is crushed.

The other choice is to give milk and cookies to the terrorists and insurgents, make sure they're warm and cozy. Invite them into our country, show them where and how to place their explosives, put our tails between our legs, hang our heads and say, "Okay, you guys win."

"I DON'T FREAKIN' THINK SO!!!!:usmc: