PDA

View Full Version : What do You Think of This?

Marine84
10-05-06, 03:44 PM
Sailor to Testify in Iraqi Murder Case <br />
Associated Press | October 05, 2006 <br />
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - When allegations of a wartime murder surface, an eye witness can be a prosecutor's most effective...

fontman
10-05-06, 07:00 PM
One word comes to my mind: Traitor.

Nuff said.

ericpin
10-05-06, 07:10 PM
At one time we were tight with Corpsman. I guess that has changed.

SemperFin
10-05-06, 07:27 PM
As I saw on another thread by Marine84: "Judge the Man, not the Corps" or in this case the DevilDocs. The same applies here. There will always be "individuals" who do not exemplify the code of honor we (and our squidly counterparts) all uphold. :usmc: Don't judge them all by the actions of the few.

Semper Fi

Marine84
10-05-06, 07:54 PM
It really sucks, you know? I feel for this kid because of what he's been through but, until all of this blew over (which it probably would have ......eventually) he should have kept his trap shut - guess it's true that you're only as good as your weakest link - we know who the weak link is now. Now, on top of the demons he has because of what he saw, he's going to have to live with himself the rest of his life knowing that those Marines are paying a price for something they ALL went through together - life must REALLY suck for him about now.

8th&I Marine
10-05-06, 08:15 PM
Amen to that Marine84

Cantrell:flag:

bootlace15
10-07-06, 09:45 AM
remember this,see no evil,hear no evil,speak no evil,therfore you reap what you sow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jinelson
10-07-06, 10:14 AM
We are only as strong as our weakest man and right now we are very weak!

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 10:25 AM
I think that those Marines shouldn't have killed the Iraqi if that ends up being the case.

shabil37
10-07-06, 12:02 PM
I always thought they were almost one of us.I hope that piece of S**T rots in hell!! :evilgrin:

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 12:10 PM
I always thought they were almost one of us.I hope that piece of S**T rots in hell!! :evilgrin:

So you are an advocate of murder?

shabil37
10-07-06, 12:17 PM
I think that those Marines shouldn't have killed the Iraqi if that ends up being the case

What do you think there playing paintball over there?????

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 12:20 PM
I think that those Marines shouldn't have killed the Iraqi if that ends up being the case

I've ALREADY done two tours in Iraq. Now, with that out of the way, EVERYTHING that has come to light about this incident, both in the media (not credible) and from inside the Corps (credible) has told us that these Jarheads killed a civilian, not an insurgent (although many times they are one in the same).

The only thing these Jarheads have accomplished is the fact that they are making the mission harder for everyone else.

wsky9er
10-07-06, 12:50 PM
Very well said SgtOfMarines ! :flag:

hrscowboy
10-07-06, 12:57 PM
I couldnt have said it better Sgt of Marines

shabil37
10-07-06, 02:29 PM
I've ALREADY done two tours in Iraq. Now, with that out of the way, EVERYTHING that has come to light about this incident, both in the media (not credible) and from inside the Corps (credible) has told us that these Jarheads killed a civilian, not an insurgent (although many times they are one in the same).

The only thing these Jarheads have accomplished is the fact that they are making the mission harder for everyone else.
(although many times they are one in the same).

My main point!

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 02:42 PM
(although many times they are one in the same).

My main point!

I always thought they were almost one of us.I hope that piece of S**T rots in hell!!

When was that EVER your main point? You posted nothing similiar to what I did. Your first post was to show your a$$ and your second post was to try to show me up.

shabil37
10-07-06, 04:40 PM
My first post was to try and see where you were coming from. It looks like you take the side of someone trying to save his OWN sorry ass!

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 04:42 PM
My first post was to try and see where you were coming from. It looks like you take the side of someone trying to save his OWN sorry ass!

I take the side of whoever is telling the truth. If it turns out that this Corpsman is lying, then he deserves to rot in jail.

ivalis
10-07-06, 04:49 PM
feel sorry for the doc, kind of like going for a ride w/ your buds and they knock over a liquor store.

SSgtOfMarines
10-07-06, 04:54 PM
feel sorry for the doc, kind of like going for a ride w/ your buds and they knock over a liquor store.

Best analogy I have read about this incident.

Btw, long time no speak Ivalis

horselady
10-07-06, 05:12 PM
I heard a conversation between this sailor's father and <br />
Michael Savage (radio host) when the incident was first <br />
being reported. According to him at that time, his son <br />
had told him that the...

horselady
10-09-06, 01:57 PM
I don't know how our troops in Iraq can distinguish between <br />
the civilians and the insurgents at all, considering no one <br />
wears uniforms. Does that mean they can only shoot at <br />
people who are...

drumcorpssnare
10-09-06, 04:37 PM
My take on this whole issue is that the media is not censored enough. They should not be able to say or print anything that "goes against" what we're trying to accomplish. This kind of garbage was not tolerated during WWII.
The media loves to bash Bush, but invariably when you hear vets who are serving NOW...they say they want to stay, and get the job done! Otherwise, all the casualties have been for nothing!

When the U.S. fire-bombed Dresden, Germany and Tokyo, Japan in WWII, there were hundreds of THOUSANDS of civilians killed. Americans didn't whine and snivel about that. That's because they weren't worried about being Politically Correct!!!!!:usmc:

tntmondy
10-09-06, 05:20 PM
It must be a wonderful thing to sit in the safety of a studio (the media) and Monday morning quarterback what those Marines and one sailor did. Those 8 had a split second decision to make. I have no clue what the FACTS are, other than I do know that the media likes to blow things way out of proportion. As for that sailor (not to defend him) but you have know idea what they (the prosecution) have threatened him with to get him to co-operate. Although the 8 of them should be sticking together and not turning on each other. Throw the media out of Iraq and let our troops do what has to be done so they can complete their mission and come home.

Camper51
10-09-06, 05:59 PM
So, if a murder was truly committed they should all say nothing???

I am sorry but the truth must come out of this so that no other incident like this happens again.

We have not heard the evidence, thus we cannot be the judge and jury.

When the evidence is in and the verdicts are read, then, and only then, will I make judgement on these Marines and the Sailor.

I pray that it was not a case of murder, but if it is then justice needs to be rendered to the proper people involved.

bootlace15
10-09-06, 07:34 PM
Camper51, <br />
<br />
until there is a trial,they should say nothing they have not been charged as of yet. However they may be if someone testifies against them. The whole problem is,if they are not...