PDA

View Full Version : Switching Recruiters

Poskew
10-03-06, 07:40 PM
Ok well my old recruiter went back to the fleet about two weeks ago. I now am stuck between two recruiters. The woman recruiter I am currently with is driving me crazy to be honest. I am past my weight and the only thing holding me back she says is the 20 seconds on my 1 /2 mile.. but the last quarter mile was a hill!!! Ive been living on a couch for the past month in a half and am ruining my welcome the longer I stay. I really need to head to boot camp. There are many many rediculous things that she does that I do not wish to say because I wouldnt want her reputation ruined incase somebody on this site knows her. I am thinking about switching recruiters so I can get to boot camp sooner. Any suggestions?

Kildars
10-03-06, 07:49 PM
I was told there was a rule on switching recruiters after you've already went through meps (you have to wait six months before another can touch you?) I don't know if this is true or not, so a Marine would have to confirm.

Poskew
10-03-06, 08:10 PM
well the 8th of this month would be the sixth month since meps so im gonna try to switch to a different recruiter

Marine84
10-03-06, 08:27 PM
I got 2 suggestions - lose the weight and get better on your run time - DUH! What do you think? Just because you switch recruiters that you'll get to either MCRD any faster? Not with that extra weight and them extra 20 seconds on your run you won't.

And I don't know exactly what's happening that you don't want to ruin her reputation if somebody here knows her but who cares what you think she's doing that's ridiculous! Do you think a Drill Instructor is going to have you doing things that make sense all the time? I don't think so - where is DrillInstructor when you need him?

Poskew
10-03-06, 08:35 PM
I am past the weight I needed to lose by 10 pounds. As in my ship weight was 229 and I am at 219. I am under the weight not over. I am done with everything besides the 20 seconds on my run. From what Im told the mile and a half run in PI is on a track. The last .35 of my run was up a hill which would obviously curve my time in the wrong direction. And Im sure I will have a better time at PI than here. All Im saying is time is ticking before Im out of a place to stay. I need to get to bootcamp as soon as possible. She wants me to do beyond what the IST requires before I head to bootcamp but I dont have much more time.

Poskew
10-03-06, 08:40 PM
And Sir disregard the comments on what my recruiter is doing that I think is crazy I dont want it to be misunderstood. Apoligize for adding that in the initial post.

PerXes
10-03-06, 08:44 PM
She's right, dude. It's not hard to knock 20 seconds off your run time. Heck, I bet you could probably do it right now using this simple routine: run harder. Like my Senior Drill Instructor said, running is all about having the heart and the guts to run faster. You may feel like you can't go faster, but you can, and all you have to do is just go faster. What's the worst that'll happen? You'll vomit? If you're doing a PFT/IST, and you don't throw up after the run, you didn't run hard enough.

But in all actuality, from what you've told us, this recruiter sounds like a good one, because she's actually pushing you rather than sitting back on her rear and sending off any old blob of bubblegum. Why do you want to switch from a recruiter who obviously cares about how well you'll do at Recruit Training?

GriT
10-03-06, 08:50 PM
I am past the weight I needed to lose by 10 pounds. As in my ship weight was 229 and I am at 219. I am under the weight not over. I am done with everything besides the 20 seconds on my run. From what Im told the mile and a half run in PI is on a track. The last .35 of my run was up a hill which would obviously curve my time in the wrong direction. And Im sure I will have a better time at PI than here. All Im saying is time is ticking before Im out of a place to stay. I need to get to bootcamp as soon as possible. She wants me to do beyond what the IST requires before I head to bootcamp but I dont have much more time.

If I were you I would be running right this second bro. Why be willing to go through the hassle of switching recruiters when you could just shave those 20 secs off, and be in that much better condition before boot?

GET IT DONE! :thumbup:

Poskew
10-03-06, 09:01 PM
That 20 seconds will be off very shortly but what I should have stressed is the amount of time i have left with a place to stay. Sorry for the stir.

Poskew
10-03-06, 09:18 PM
And she is talking about weeks before I can leave to bootcamp. What should I do to hurry the process. I dont have weeks left with a place to stay.

hawks
10-03-06, 09:28 PM
She wants me to do beyond what the IST requires before I head to bootcamp but I dont have much more time. God forbid you do more than the minimum. Why arent you working out right now?

Poskew
10-03-06, 09:44 PM
Ive spent a good amount of hours between the gym and running the lake today already. Im pretty tired and its late.

Poskew
10-03-06, 09:49 PM
The point im trying to make is running out of time with a home and I will pass the IST this week. And she is talking about weeks before I leave. So im trying to figure out the quickest way to get to boot camp.

Marine84
10-04-06, 08:26 AM
What is it that you aren't comprehending dude? It doesn't matter that your last few legs were up a hill - give me a freakin break! Track, dirt, hill, WHATEVER! She ain't in no hurry to get your butt off cause you ain't in no hurry running - PERIOD! It's not HER problem that you've worn out your welcome wherever you're staying - JEEZ!

All the Corps is concerned with is whether you can make that run in the alloted amount of time - if you can't hang with the big dogs...........................

Poskew
10-04-06, 12:18 PM
Heh I appreciate your help. I can hang with the big dogs and I want to. I guess I explained the situation in the wrong way. Thanks anyways.

Poskew
10-04-06, 12:26 PM
I shouldnt have added all the extra stuff , should have known I was going to catch hell for it. But in the end I got my answer on switching recruiters will not get me to boot camp any sooner. preciate the help.

Poske

Marine84
10-04-06, 12:53 PM
You're only catching grief because you aren't "owning up" to why you're not going just yet.

Poskew
10-04-06, 01:06 PM
k. preciate it

STA0311
10-04-06, 02:55 PM
LOL...tell the guys on Camp Schwab that take PFT's there, that you had to run up hill and see what they say!!!

LOL

Poskew
10-04-06, 05:35 PM
Ok all I said was the hill curved my time. I know what I have to do now ok so lets not freak out.

Marine84
10-04-06, 06:35 PM
lol!

Just be thankful you're going to the Island.............no hills.................you don't have a problem with sand fleas, do you? You better not let a Drill Instructor catch you swattin' at one either!

DaveXIII90
10-04-06, 06:51 PM
Marine84- To be honest, I actually had a dream the other night about a sand flea. I swear to God, I did. It was me 2 years into the future, standing at attention at PI...and out of nowhere, our good friend, the "Flying A** with teeth" aka sandflea, bites my neck. Seconds later, my dream ended. I think it ended right then and there, because it was Gods way of telling me that I just got KNOCKED THE HELL OUT by my DI. I hope this dream doesnt come true. Haha

Poskew
10-04-06, 08:39 PM
Your right I am lucky. And Id also like to apologize if I came off the wrong way with this post. I was being pretty stupid about getting mad at my recruiter she just doesnt motivate me like the rest do. But anyways looks like im not leaving monday anyways my grandmother is due to die within the next 24 hours so Im heading up to Indiana in the morning till who knows when. I got some extra time to get my run time better. Preciate the help though on getting me straight. Have a good weekend. :flag:

Marine84
10-05-06, 07:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Just remember - the drive comes from within...............you have to REALLY want it to get it. Nobody else can motivate yourself but you.