PDA

View Full Version : Tales From The Lejeune Woods ~ A Course In Democracy, as Harvard Will Never Know It

thedrifter
09-30-06, 08:02 AM
Something from Hubby's Website <br />
<br />
Tales From The Lejeune Woods ~ A Course In Democracy, as Harvard Will Never Know It <br />
<br />
Boot camp. Yawning gateway to military life, an adventure outrageously funny...

EGA1957
04-17-10, 12:05 AM
I have to reprise this one and here's the reason.

This is the first time I've read it (I was doing a search for "winter trigger" and this showed up -go figure), but back to my reason.

In 1995, members of my boot platoon (2nd Battalion. Platoon 257) made our first "Boot Reunion" a reality (after 38 years) and set it up for P.I.

Obviously what wife or best gal would believe that's where they're headed unless they went along, right?

All went smoothly UNTIL the first bus tour where we (guys AND gals) were herded on by active-duty DIs as if we were all the lowest thing in the ocean WITH FULL SOUND AND EFFECTS and it stayed that way during that particular bldg.-to-bldg. trip and de-bussing!

I think most, if not all the gals, now became instant believers that what we had told them was not just made up to snow them.

But until the gals finally saw that the DI's weren't leaving bite marks, there were some shaken gals.

Just thought I'd share that memory.