PDA

View Full Version : The Pledge of Allegiance

thedrifter
09-29-06, 08:35 AM
September 28, 2006
The Pledge of Allegiance
Posted By Maj Pain

What does the below mean to you? Can your kid tell you what it means?

I - - Me and all that is me; a person; a commission of one. An American.

Pledge - - My word of honor, give all that is mine selflessly and freely.

Allegiance - - My duty, my obligation, my job. Loyalty.

To the Flag - - Our flag, the American symbol that represents freedom and demands respect to all who see it. The white that represents purity and eternity, the blue embodies the deepness of the American spirit and the red show the never-ending brave and determined heart of its men and women who have defended it.

United - - One American Team, One American Fight. Regardless of race, gender, or where you were born. All moving in the same direction.

States - - Fifty united areas that govern and work differently from each other but come together for the same cause and country.

And to the Republic - -An organization chosen freely by the people to serve the people with a supreme power to help the people. With the people to the government, not the government to people.

For which it stands – proud of all that it represents

One Nation - - One Country, UNDER GOD.

Indivisible - - impossible of separation.

With

Liberty
- -

Independence
, freedom to do as one wishes without being decapitated or killed.

And Justice - - The integrity or impartiality you deserve.

For All - - For All, not just one group, but everyone period.

I thought about the pledge and what it really meant to me. It’s a plug for some “comedy” shows when they ask people if they can say it and the “Americans” they ask, can’t get past the first word. It’s a sad day when the ones who have the freedom due to others dieing to protect it don’t even know what they really have. I would call that a disgrace!

For you teachers out there, ask your students what the pledge means word by word. Yes, that means they will have to say it in school, probably several times over and over!

Ohh your students don’t speak English?? Ive made it easy for them to learn it by providing different version for them to say in the comments section. Its called the English version!

Semper Fi & God Bless
America
Time for a C-Gar!

Ellie

booksbenji
09-29-06, 09:16 AM
have sound up:

http://www.poofcat.com/july.html

http://www.thesquadbay.com/forum2/Smileys/default/handsalute.png