PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Rose Passed Away 9/26/06

10thzodiac
09-28-06, 10:40 PM
I use to shop at her store in Chicago and saw her many times. If you would like to comment, Please read all of URL (link below) first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Rose (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Rose)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/IvaToguri.jpeg

10thzodiac
09-28-06, 11:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zero_Hour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zero_Hour)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Iva_Toguri.jpg
On November 11, 1943, The Zero Hour was expanded again, to 75 minutes starting at 6 p.m. Major Shigetsugu Tsuneishi (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shigetsugu_Tsuneishi&action=edit) also required the addition of a female broadcaster to give the program more appeal to war-weary troops and to increase the nostalgia factor. Fearing that their efforts to undermine the propaganda value of the program would be exposed by the addition of an outsider, the POWs were in a quandary until Captured Australian Army Major Charles H. Cousens who had been a popular and highly regarded news commentor in Sydney before the war requested that Iva Toguri D'Aquino (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iva_Toguri_D%27Aquino), an NHK typist who had befriended the POWs and was outspokenly pro-American in her views, be conscripted as the female announcer instead one of the regular female staffer.
George Mitsushio and Nisei staffer George Kazumaro "Buddy" Uno voiced their objections but Cousens prevailed, citing similarities to the popular Gracie Allen, Shirley Booth and Marian Driscoll (the Molly of "Fibber McGee and Molly"). Cousens' plan was to take lemons and turn them into lemonade by using the female broadcaster foisted onto the POWs by their Japanese bosses to sabotageThe Zero Hour by making a complete burlesque of it

Marinewing
10-01-06, 12:02 AM
We shoulda known, it was all a big misunderstanding. . .

Now what about Jane, is she dead yet?

10thzodiac
10-01-06, 09:21 AM
Veterans embrace 'Tokyo Rose' <br />
<br />
By James C. Roberts <br />
SPECIAL TO THE WASHINGTON TIMES <br />
May 30, 2006 <br />
<br />
Iva Toguri has lived a long time, but she said the &quot;most memorable&quot; day of her life came...

OLE SARG
10-01-06, 11:05 AM
Marinewing,
Who gives a crap about tokyo rose! It is sad when you ask a simple question and get a ****ing book, a bad book at that!! From his posts I would say he is a hanoi jane fan!

SEMPER FI,

jinelson
10-01-06, 11:16 AM
All his heroes seem to be traitors!

10thzodiac
10-01-06, 11:23 AM
All his heroes seem to be traitors!

OR YOU SERVED FOR NOTHING, don't forget that !

Semper Fidelis

#10:usmc:

I'm outa here, bye bye !

USMC-FO
10-01-06, 05:27 PM
10Th Zodiac seems to have split ...

He seems to have been trying to make a point--or several--but it was never clear what the point(s) were.

Oh well see ya later as they say. In a way this is to bad as I enjoy a good spirited exchange and you could usually count on that from him, even if it was never entirely clear what his points were.

Marinewing
10-01-06, 05:47 PM
Hello!

Your style is distinctive, unless you have a twin that is up late too.

I do not care to post anymore (better venue) but you should read some of these.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tokyo+rose+store+chicago+&btnG=Google+Search

FYI, Our house is on fire and it doesn't matter who started it, we all have to put it out.

Dubya & Rummy fuked up a war that wasn't necessary (Zinni) and caused a surge in anti-Americanism in the Muslim world, if we were loose in Iraq America will be worse off and have embolden and strengthen those radicals in their effort take over all the Middle East governments, not to mention their then nuclear capabilities. Thanks to people like the former and their followers allot of good Americans will die unnecessarily.

My conscious is my soft pillow.

The last time I heard Jane is doing quite well, a billionaire and you ? I'm a millionaire myself, at age fifty three, ten years ago.

You've done nothing but make vague statements against Bush and Rumsfeld, and have been completely unable to make a cogent argument to back up those statements.

Zinni is a Marine, and people love to cite someone of supposed authority when they agree with them. But many more senior Marines, retired and active, disagree with Zinni.

So pick and choose what you want to believe, but don't let yourself get sucked in to the politics of personality. Zinni will be on the Democratic ticket in 08, though he'll do so reluctantly, making it seem as if he had to be talked into the deal. Then he'll run on the quasi-McCain theme of "I don't really want to be here with all of these politicians, but someone really needs to set these people straight."

And why does it matter how much money Jane has? Really. Why does that matter? The more material wealth a person has, the more correct their views or opinions? That's not a very altruistic view for someone as far Left as you are. Money shouldn't affect one's opinions or their views on the opinions of others.

Marinewing
10-01-06, 05:57 PM
Just a note to Z or anyone else that PM's me. Even if we're at each others' throats, I will not reprint any PMs that are obviously for my eyes only.

I printed Z's PM to me and my reply because I didn't think I was breaking any confidences. Z really doesn't say much that's not already on the table so I printed it.

If you feel that I broke a confidence Z, let me know because it wasn't my intention.

The striking thing about the message though is the "Jane's a millionaire, and so am I."

So what?

Most people are probably familiar with the term ad hominem attacks. It is the attacking of the person instead of the argument or debate. It's what people do when they're losing an argument.

If a madman tells you it's sunny outside, his madness does not change the fact that is sunny outside. The man who is intent on convincing everyone that is raining though, just so he can sell his umbrellas, will attack the madman because of his madness, avoiding at all costs the factual basis of the madman's claims.

Well, the opposite of ad hominem, I don't have any fancy latin phraseology for, but it is "I am a veteran, therefore my opinion matters more than that of a non-veteran." Or, "I'm a wealthy person, therefore. . . " And so the fallacy proceeds. Kind of like citing McVain or Zinni as proof that the war is wrong, even though they are in the minority among senior military veterans.

So anyone that will say, "I'm a millionaire" in support of their opinion, will also tend to attack the madman for his weather forecast.

TwoBravo
10-01-06, 07:02 PM
I found the info interesting, above and beyond the other comments.

Jane Fonda should be put in a bamboo cage and left to rot!

:iwo:

OLE SARG
10-01-06, 09:24 PM
I would never expect to find a hanoi jane fonda admirer in the site. Guess I was wrong. As far as ho fonda goes, I would like to stick a few bamboo shoots in her mouth and ass and then pass her a note to ask for help!!!!!!
Eat **** and die jane fonda!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Marinewing
10-01-06, 11:10 PM
Not being able to think for himself, he posts the various articles he reads, and hopes we come to the same conclusions.

He keeps calling me a ringer, though I honestly have no idea what a ringer would be in an internet forum. Really.

And did he wish me dead, or bang on me for not being as wealthy as Jane?

*On edit; One of his PMs is starting to make sense I suppose. My so called "gobbledygook" must have been a reference to my madman analogy.

Okay, I'll shorten it up.

Just because a crazy man tells you the weather, does his insanity change the weather? Of course not, so don't concern yourself with the messenger, but stick to the facts. If the facts don't stand on their own merit, the argument is lost. Period.

10thzodiac
10-02-06, 01:10 AM
"Self-styled fiction writers. Ever at the lunatic fringe !" Even if a madman had as much as HALF a brain, he'd still be as misguided ! As to his "courage," Nada pues nada!

OLE SARG
10-02-06, 08:19 AM
Hhhuuuhhh???

Semper Fi,

10thzodiac
10-02-06, 09:04 AM
What do y'all think?

But how do you know someone has not "thought that thought" before?
My thought, EXACTLY!!!

I do not know if there is such a thing as an original thought, but I do know that a completely unique thought has been a personal goal of mine since I was barely conscious.

Who knows if it is possible...our thougts are influneced in so many unnoticed ways by the world around us.

It is nice to know that other people waste their time thinking about this kind of weird stuff too.

If you think you have an original thought or idea, and read about it in a book or magazine, does that article deminish or negate your idea (or thought) as original?

Are we truly influenced, so completely, by our surroundings that our thoughts are merely emalgamations of our existence? We take a little seed of thought here and a little seed there and come up with a third "hybrid thought" which seems to be divorced from either of the "root" thoughts.

Is it possible that your "original thought" was someone elses thought too? Sure! Why not?

What is thought but mental invention? Inventions, such as the Automobile, Telephone, Radar, and the Light Bulb are all examples of inventions claimed by more than one person or organization. Does it make Edison's work and inventiveness any less original to find that an Englishman used a carbon filament for illumination years before? I don't think so.

If you have 1000 thoughts a day and live 75 years you have a lot of thoughts, but so do the other 6 000 000 billion people on earth as well as those all passed away.

I would conclude that we cannot have a truly original thought. One that is not influenced in some way by our experience. I think our minds are tied to that. Even an "original" invention such as the car or light bulb were based on previous concepts (carriage, candle). I don't think our minds can "jump" beyond what we can experience.

SF

#10:usmc:

Marinewing
10-02-06, 09:26 PM
Well, I said something snarky about a strange poster, and now that post is gone. You think they'd at least send me a PM or something telling me to knock it off.

And I have seen mods make derogatory statements about those with whom they disagreed, so please guys, don't get all sensitive.

Zodiac is happy just to PM me 30 times a day, I don't think we have to go deleting posts now.

I guess it's okay though. I received an email notifying me of his post wherein I am a "feathermerchant." And by the time I clicked on it, it was gone too.

This does explain however why this place is so slow compared to other forums.

MASTER-GUNS
10-04-06, 01:12 PM
She will NOTbe missed by many people.

MASTER GUNS:)

10thzodiac
10-04-06, 06:27 PM
She will NOTbe missed by many people.

MASTER GUNS:)

More than me and you

lucien2
10-04-06, 06:51 PM
We shoulda known, it was all a big misunderstanding. . .

Now what about Jane, is she dead yet?

Comedy.

10thzodiac
10-04-06, 07:17 PM
Comedy.

:thumbup: