PDA

View Full Version : 10 days after bootcamp

Poskew
09-28-06, 05:15 PM
After I graduate bootcamp am I able to leave the country for a couple days during that 10 days to visit some friends? I didnt know what the deal was with being able to leave the country or not. I was going to visit some friends in germany. So any information on that 10 days of leave would be greatly appreciated. My parents were going to have a flight to germany credited through an airline for whenever i wanted to take it. So just let me know what the deal is.

Preciate it,
Poske

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-28-06, 05:52 PM
Leaving the country can cause problems with security clearances. If you need one, I would say it isn't a good idea. Other than that... you are on leave.

quillhill
09-29-06, 04:29 PM
Even if you can, do you really want to do that to yourself right after boot? SSgt Nelson can tell you what I did the day after I got back from Germany in June.

Having recently traveled to Germany, I can't say that I'd recommend going there when you only have 10 days between graduation from recruit training and leaving for MCT (or SOI, depending). You need two full days for travel. And at least two full days in the country to adjust to the time zone change. You may already know this stuff, but I gotta tell ya, I was there for eight days myself earlier this year and it was just nuts. The way we did that trip is possibly the worst way to go about it and you're going to be even more crunched for time.

Why not just chill at home and eat Oreos? ;) Will your friends still be in Germany when you've completed your training? It seems like that may be a better time to be planning international travel.