PDA

View Full Version : what you think of this idea ??

DawnMarie
01-15-03, 03:29 PM
Start adding Marine Corps history to the board
I can supply you with recruit training regiment quesions that would help us all through boot camp .. we all will be learning it in boot so heres a chance at getting a head !!

Devilpup I have to say you should definitly get this info .. you should think about going for Guide .. you have the desire and the smarts

heres the first 1 : ( to give you an idea )

1) WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR REPORTNG A POST ?

A. present arms , report , "Pvt Jones reports post number two no trespassers" Salute Drill INstructer as he leaves.

B.Present arms if armed .Once acknowleged execute port arms, report Private Jones reports post number two all secure , there is nothing to report at this time , salute al officers as they leave

correct answer is B

wrbones
01-15-03, 05:00 PM
How about a cheat sheet?

Hey, guess what! Most all of that stuff is already posted on the site!

Do some readin'. It ain't that hard kids!

leroy8541
01-15-03, 05:31 PM
If you are reporting your post you are armed be it with a night stick or a fifty cal. you will be wearing a cartrige belt which declares you armed you will be wearing a cover. you will hold your salute while reporting blah blah blah. when the o.d. or sog drops his salute you drop yours he will tell you to carry on then you do so.

DawnMarie
01-15-03, 06:01 PM
hey sometimes cheat sheets help lol ,
but this is from a real recruit guide just trying to help out .

I havent seen much of this posted here ?? I ve read just about everything in this forum

jellybean

ktriplett
01-15-03, 06:04 PM
While this is in theory a good idea, it's really just an exercise in redundancy. There are a ton of links in the Mentor forum that have most of the information we poolees need, and there are additions all the time. The same information posted in too many places can get confusing.

Barndog
01-15-03, 06:12 PM
No wonder this is an 'I want it given to me' society. Selfish. You might want to think about another occupation or something, cause you are going to get people killed from lack of desire and motivation in the military. It isn't just a damm job. People's lives DEPEND UPON YOUR ACTIONS.
Key word here:

INITATIVE

FIND SOME

wrbones
01-15-03, 06:17 PM
ktriplett! My estimation of you just went up a bit!

Well done!

Dawn, I said it was a cheat sheet and that "Most all of that stuff is already posted on the "site." I didn't say 'forum'.

To be honest, I don't remember if the specific answer to your question has been posted, but I do know that references for the material you need have been posted.

wrbones
01-15-03, 06:22 PM
I didn't say that it wasn't a legit topic fer discussion among Poolees and DEPers, either! The rest of us know better....well, maybe I don't, but......LOL.

Just my opinion.

leroy8541
01-15-03, 06:23 PM
INCOMING!!!!!!!

DawnMarie
01-15-03, 06:35 PM
LOL .. THATS WHY I ASKED FIRST ..

HIDING IN THE BUSHES :)

I HAVE ALL THE INFO I NEED FROM BOOKS AND HERE .. JUST TRYING TO HELP ..

DevilPup2004
01-15-03, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the compliments. But as far as going for Guide is concerned, I'm not gonna try to get it. Number one, the Guide probably gets put under the most stress out of all of the recruits. Gets yelled at the most, IPTed the most, and is expected to give the most and excell the most. The DIs are always watching them. Granted, if my DI figures out my name, I want it to be because I'm doing things right, not wrong... but still...

Besides, if I say to myself, "I'm gonna be Guide" and I don't get the job, there's the potential for hostility and resentment in my platoon from the very beginning. That won't exactly help the cause of us becoming Marines together, learning how to function as a cohesive unit.

Nha, I'm just gonna do my best and work my butt off and let everything else fall into place. If my DIs make me Guide, so be it. I'll work even harder than I thought I could. If not, I'll support my Guide and still do my best. Either way, I'll be working towards becoming a Marine. But that's the ultimate goal, isn't it?

The goal is to become a Marine for a lifetime, not Platoon Guide for 3 months.

Barrio_rat
01-16-03, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by DevilPup2004
Thanks for the compliments. But as far as going for Guide is concerned, I'm not gonna try to get it. Number one, the Guide probably gets put under the most stress out of all of the recruits. Gets yelled at the most, IPTed the most, and is expected to give the most and excell the most. The DIs are always watching them. Granted, if my DI figures out my name, I want it to be because I'm doing things right, not wrong... but still...

Besides, if I say to myself, "I'm gonna be Guide" and I don't get the job, there's the potential for hostility and resentment in my platoon from the very beginning. That won't exactly help the cause of us becoming Marines together, learning how to function as a cohesive unit.

Nha, I'm just gonna do my best and work my butt off and let everything else fall into place. If my DIs make me Guide, so be it. I'll work even harder than I thought I could. If not, I'll support my Guide and still do my best. Either way, I'll be working towards becoming a Marine. But that's the ultimate goal, isn't it?

The goal is to become a Marine for a lifetime, not Platoon Guide for 3 months.

------------------------

Okay, here’s where I have a problem. Join the Marine Corps and settle for mediocrity. BULLSH.T!. ALWAYS strive to do more, to be better, to conduct yourself in a way that exemplifies excellence. It does not mean you are perfect nor does it mean that you are the best. It means that you are TRYING! That you are giving 100% of yourself. This goes to character.

A point you made...

The Guide is under more pressure and gets PT’d more. In Boot Camp, you are all under pressure. PERIOD! As far as who gets picked on or PT’d the most, that is up to the Drill Instructors - whoever is their favorite of the day or week - even weeks. Damn near every recruit will have their turn because damn near every recruit screws up at some time. Telling yourself you’re going to be Guide is wishful thinking... Striving to be Guide is setting a goal. Nothing wrong with trying. I would see more wrong in not attempting than attempting and failing. Being a Guide shows toward leadership skills - that is a Marine trait for a lifetime. Best to learn it early rather than late.

Okay, here’s the “story” part. I was guide - for 1 day. Our Guide got fired and our Senior Drill Instructor yells to the platoon, “who wants to be Guide?” About 4 or 5 of us broke from the platoon and ran for the Gideon - this is an item you take, by force if necessary. I grabbed it first, I was guide. True, it didn’t last long. It showed the Drill Instructors that I believed in myself enough to know that I had what it took to lead the platoon as Guide.

Now, where this leads in the Fleet. Look back to the first paragraph and then read on from here...

When you are a recruit; behave in a manner that exemplifies the United States Marine Corps - behave as if you are a Pvt in the USMC. When (if) you become a Pvt, behave as if you were a PFC. Once becoming a PFC, behave and act accordingly as if you were a LCpl. Once attaining the rank of LCpl, behave and conduct yourself as if you were a Cpl. Once Cpl, behave and conduct yourself as if you were a Sgt. And so on... This is leadership in the USMC. This is why as a Sgt, I lead Navy E-6's. Yes, lead. The Marine Sgt commands respect from all branches of the military and even from civilians. Why is this? Because they start from the beginning, striving to be leaders of men and they don’t get that way just because they have three stripes on their sleeves. They get that way by practicing and learning from those that came before them in how to behave and, according to rank, how to conduct themselves. They are professionals from day one. Always striving to be better - for themselves, for their fellow Marines and for the Corps as a whole.

My advice to you, if the Gideon is there, take it! If it’s not there for you, conduct yourself in a manner which will have the Drill Instructors wondering if they should give you the opportunity to be the Guide. It doesn’t matter if you end up carrying the Gideon or not, it matters that you know you could.

And, just a point to be made. I have never heard a recruit call a Drill Instructor a "DI" - at least, not without serious ramifications. This is a web forum and we often use condensed forms for quicker writing. I would not correct a fellow Marine on this, they've earned the right to say and do just about anything concerning the Corps - Those that have not earned the Eagle, Globe and Anchor (in case you were wondering, that's what some call the EGA) I believe should be referring to those that will be training them to become Marines, as Drill Instructors and no less. It's also a good habit to be in for when your day comes that you stand on the yellow footprints.

USMC0311
01-16-03, 06:42 AM
:yes: Discipline, Pride, Honor, Courage and Commitment. <br />
<br />
&quot;Do It&quot; ...&quot;Get Sum&quot; <br />
<br />
<br />
Dawn Marie: <br />
<br />
1) WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR REPORTNG A POST ? <br />
<br />
A. present arms , report , &quot;Pvt Jones...

DevilPup2004
01-16-03, 11:11 AM
Sergeant, thank you for your post. I know that I have a lot to learn - more than I oftentimes think I do. In rereading my post, I've found that I wasn't exactly clear on what I meant, or my intentions.

I don't plan on settling. I plan on giving 200% of myself. What I meant was that I'm not going to get myself all humped up, thinking, "I'm gonna be better than everyone else, and because of that, I'm gonna be made Platoon Guide!" I'm gonna do my best and give my all. If my Drill Instructorss look at me and see a lot of heart, or that I've excelled in the different classes and qualifications, or that I have more leadership skills than my Sisters, or whatever they're looking for in a potential Guide, that's great! If not, I can look at my Guide and see an example of the my Drill Instructors are looking for. Then I can try even harder and give even more, and strive for that. I know that right now, sitting on my butt, I have in my mind a certain level of how good I can be. But when I hit the Island, I know that, with the help of my Drill Instructors and my Sisters, those expectations will be blown out of the water. When others expect more of me than I do, my own expectations of what I can do will expand, and I will become a better person for that.

And as far as referring to Drill Instructors as DIs, thank you for setting me straight. I had never thought of it like that, as some former Drill Instructors I know refer to "When I was a DI..." But just to reassure you, I have never referred to your Eagle, Globe and Anchor as an "EGA." It's something I haven't earned yet, so I in now way, shape or form want to disrespect it.

DawnMarie
01-16-03, 01:06 PM
usmc0311

HUMM CORRECTION , WHAT YOU STATED ARE THE GENERAL ORDERS .. IM TRYING TO ADD STUFF FROM A REGRUIT GUIDE MARINE CORPS HISTORY...
I wouldnt putt wrong information on the board sweetie sorry but i have to say your wrong this time

jellybean

SHOOTER1
01-20-03, 05:06 PM
She got you thier USMC0311

USMC0311
01-20-03, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by SHOOTER1
She got you thier USMC0311

Naw..
The she: "1) WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR REPORTNG A POST ? "

She might have you Shooter.
the she:
"HUMM CORRECTION , WHAT YOU STATED ARE THE GENERAL ORDERS .. IM TRYING TO ADD STUFF FROM A REGRUIT GUIDE MARINE CORPS HISTORY...
I wouldnt putt wrong information on the board sweetie sorry but i have to say your wrong this time"

jellybean

Shooter, you play with her.

DawnMarie
01-20-03, 06:04 PM
ok, what Iposted is from A REAL RECRUIT TRAINING REGIMENT .. REGRUIT STUDY GUIDE .. IT IS THE FIRST QUESTION UNDER INTERIOR GUARD 1

What you posted are General Orders .. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INFO ..

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOUR TRYING TO SAY HERE ??

JELLYBEAN

thedrifter
01-20-03, 07:49 PM
GENERAL ORDERS ARE THE GUIDE LINE FOR GUARD DUTY........ONE MUST KNOW ALL THESE ORDERS BY HEART.
WHEN STANDING GUARD AND REPORTING THE STATUS OF YOUR POST TO THE OFFICER OF THE DAY, THE STAFF DUTY OFFICER, THE SERGANT OF THE GUARD AND THE CORPORAL OF THE GUARD, IT MAY VARY FROM POST TO POST.
UNLESS YOU HAVE STOOD GUARD DUTY, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. I HAVE WALKED A POST, BEEN ROVING SGT OF THE GUARD, BEEN STAFF DUTY OFFICER, BOTH IN PEACE TIME AND WAR. UNLESS YOU HAVE WALKED IN ANY OF THESE MARINES BOOTS, NEVER QUESTION WHAT THEY SAY OR HAVE DONE WHEN IT COMES TO SOMETHING ALL MARINES HAVE DONE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.

THE DRIFTER

ktriplett
01-20-03, 08:05 PM
From a guide the information may be, but I've been told and I'm sure you have too, that experience is a far better instructor than any textbook. They know what the correct answer is because the've done it, regardless of what any book says.

wrbones
01-21-03, 12:29 AM
Unless you have stood guard duty, you do not know what to expect.

That says it all.

You need to know the general orders.

A Marine is a professional. Do you tell your doctor how to do his job? Do you tell your banker how to do his? No. Instead you ask questions. In Marine Corps boot camp, you don't get the chance to ask questions. You'll be taught everything you ned to know to start your Marine Corps career. How many or what kind of examples do you need? Every profession has it's books, it's tools and it's own language. Only experience and hands on training reveal what is not in the books.

What has been asked is relevant to asking a professional artist what color to paint the sun with your finger paints. He's told you to use amber, and you keep saying, "NO. I wanna use yellow!"

Read and study that book, if indeed it is current. But it is a finger painting guide as compared to what you will be required to know after boot camp.

If you don't know the general orders, how the hell can you expect to know how to report your post?"Sir, I don't know wtf I'm doin' out here sir, but I ain't seen nothin so far?"

Hell, that might even work, come to think of it......

DawnMarie
01-21-03, 12:47 AM
NO no , thats not what i was saying of course you all no more then I , But i was trying to give the Poole's a Lil taste of the book smarts , i know you learn with experience , but you dont learn if you have no clue of what your doing ..

I know my general orders and i know my Marine Corps History ive been studying it for a year ..
I know what the different things are and what i stated is ina book what he stated is also in a book , ,
to different things ...

JELLYBEAN

Earle Comstock
01-21-03, 01:05 AM
Ok , now I've listened to your idea , give a listen to mine .
Go to your local video store and rent three movies , These are classics . The first being Full Metal Jacket , this one you really only have to watch the first half of .
The second being Platoon , this movie is a pretty good one except for the fact that it was an Army Plt. . Don't get be wrong , theres nothing wrong with the Army , if you want to be a squat to pee motherfvcker for the rest of your life . This movie would have been better if it was a about a Marine unit . One Big flaw , (I was going to do a quiz thing here) , but it would not have been fair to you all . The problem as Ole Cpl Commie sees it is there was no discipline , the talking on patrol , smokin , swearing , acting like they were on vacation . As some of you will soon learn , Its Swift , Silent , And Deadly , any questions so far .
The third movie is gonna throw you but its a Must , are you ready ? The third movie is Rudy . Now I picked this one because it took guts and determination . Never giving up , when it seemed the whole world is against you . Do YOU have the guts , can you cut the mustard ?
I've heard alot of you in here shooting off your mouth . I don't understand , If you graduate in June , why are you not going in my Corp in June . How many of you maggots are out of school , but want to kick it with your hommies a little bit longer before you make that move .
If you are really serious about it , and your out of school , quit blowing smoke up my arse and get your arse moving ! Tomorrow would be nice . You got the easy part done , now its time to shut up and take action . Act like the adults you want to be respected as .
Now if you've already watched these movies , go rent them again , and if need be , Again . This is reality , it is not a game .
THE FEW , THE PROUD , THE MARINES:marine:

Barndog
01-21-03, 02:12 AM
Fu ckin A Earle.

HEY LITTLE BOYZ AND GIRLZ

If my azzhole aint on fire it aint on fire, no matter how much smoke you blow up it!

QUIT WASTIN OUR TIME LISTENIN (WATCHING) YERSELVES TRYING TO IMPRESS US!!!!!!!!!!! If yer parents don't , THAT'S THEIR FREAKIN PROBLEM!

When you become Marines - you can deal with that

YOURSELVES LIVE ADULTS. More importantly LIKE MARINES.

Jellybean, after you sh it youself in boot camp, because your'e so fu cking scared to death, you'll forget those General Orders, and learn them again.
You never really learn until the rounds whiz by your BHG, or the first time you go down in a Huey, or CH-46. Or a mortar round goes off HOT.

Remember toots..... play your silly ass games: MY LAST LESSON

All 5 second grenades have a 3 second fuse.
if we are walking in a combat situation, and I'm looking the other way -

....your pretty little ass better dive on it if I aint looking, CAUSE MINE WILL IF YOURS AINT.

If you aint prepared to do that.....

Shut up and get out.

Barrio_rat
01-21-03, 06:39 PM
Studying USMC history for a year? Well, collectively, you have (just from thos USMC Members of this site who post) over 100 years of experience... that IS history and, in their time, they've learned the history of the Corps as well.

There were few books in the Marine Corps that I needed. The ones that actually helped for basic Marine Corps knowlege were, the Guidebook for Marines, the U.S. Marine Guidebook of Essential Subjects (This book was replaced with the Basic Subjects Book - as a Marine, you are tested each year on your knowlege of BS) and the NCO Manual. The first two you receive in Boot Camp. The third book you need to buy. It can be found on any USMC base PX. My suggestion, if you ever plan to become an NCO, buy it as soon as you get to a base and start reading. Best to know what's going to be required of you before you attain the rank.

USMC-FO
01-21-03, 07:09 PM
Lots of heavy flak in here, and this is the second time I've seen "jellybean" at the root of it in some fashion or another.

Sweetie are you getting this ??

These Marines, for the most part I think, DON"T WANT TO PLAY YOUR SILLY ASS GAMES !

I think there are some serious issues that need to be delt with, and frankly we are not the ones to help you out. This is not the place to work out issues like this.

I hope you realize this soon !

leroy8541
01-21-03, 07:20 PM
I walk my post from flank to flank i will take no shi t from any rank!! I report post 13 as, all is clear on the western front. aye, aye sir.

leroy8541
01-21-03, 07:26 PM
Dang girl your takin a whuppin, I admire the balls, well maybe the guts. Intestinal fortitude thats what it takes. I still put five your gonna pee on yourself on the yellow footprints. You must enjoy being cannon fodder for these old salts!! Practice practice practice Are you using a Marine Corp knowledge book it sounds more like the way the Army reports thier post.

leroy8541
01-21-03, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the G 2/5 group page. This page is for all past and present Golf 2/5 Marines and Corpman. A company were the men of legends, like Gunny Koon, are formed.

DawnMarie
01-22-03, 02:42 AM
Actually growing up with a Marine i doubt ill have a problem with DIs im sure Ill have my days of fallen on my face but i will get back up and finish bootcamp ..

I dont come here to hear you bash a kid that really doesnt know as much as you i come hear to learn from you .. i take my bashing and burns because I have to .. And if i have to haer all this before i can get a simple answer so be it

all you had to say in the begining is Dawn its in the Mentor Forum but thanks for considering the help

as easy as that..

if youd like to bash crash or anything else pm me ..

wrbones
01-22-03, 03:20 AM
LMAOROTF. Yer thick headed and thick skinned kid! LOL. <br />
<br />
You just might make it..... <br />
<br />
It's about attitude, darlin'. We like hard chargers and folks with initiative. <br />
<br />
On the other hand.... <br />
<br />

Barndog
01-22-03, 03:56 AM
Okay kiddies. LISTEN UP ONE TIME ONLY:

I'm a big enough man to tell ya ALL - that yes, I've been on EDGE (the guys here know that, as in the fire of life, pouring gas on it for ME) I can handle them. No problem.
I'm sick with a crippling disease, and it really aint getting better, nor is it going to. Thats why I may 'look' or 'come off as' a complete as shole. Sh it happens. You kids were unfortunately in the way of my line of fire. Fact is I take no prisoners. Ask my 16 year old daughter about that.
But one thing you can't do is ask my dead Son, who would be 17 (18 in October) now if he had not died to a rare cancer in 1987. Kids - sh it happens. To GOOD and BAD people equally. It knows no bias, color, religion, social class, NOTHING. It is sh it, and thusly, it does happen. I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THIS.

I'm not here to make anyones life miserable. For all I know, you're individual life MAY BE ALREADY. Mine was with the alcoholic step dad. I hope you DO read the posts we Marines write. Cause if ya do, I kicked his ass. And he has an unscheduled appointment with a Corporal of Marines here most ricky-tick too. I'm cleanin off the rest of MY PLATE. He can figure out wtf to do with his. RIGHT?

Don't take direction the wrong way. I can be an ass hole, but once I've been in and out of every part of you reaming it.......
like my own Daughter -I'll throw my arms around ya and tell you I still love ya all... just the same, cause one thing I remember each and every time I correct my OWN..... I too was a teenager once, and therefore subject to fits of absolute dipsh it attacks.

Because, if you compare my own life in the face of God......relatively speaking - man- he's thrown some sh it at me........... and heck - I ain't even seen the face of war like some of my bro's. But I have been down a couple times in a Huey. So I do know that much.

Kids........ if ya aint noticed - I'm still here and fightin like a mofo. And, I can still laugh too. And I like to cry.

How bad do you want this now?

DawnMarie
01-22-03, 05:09 PM
Will since you went there my life has not been peaches ..
My father was a MARINE that has been throw his amount of **** and he putt me and my sisters throw hell in back .. not only was he an alcoholic but a Marine that says and does what he fees like doing .. Ive had a gun pulled on me in the middle of the night because he had a flash back , and Ive had him hit me because of the same reason .. it wasn't no love tap .. Ive been thrown through a window by him he brought us up tuff to take what the world gives you and if you don't like it , thats just to damn bad ..
If he couldn't change me mind of becoming a Marine i don't think any of you can ..

Jellybean

ktriplett
01-22-03, 05:53 PM
Damn it, girl, can't you see what they're trying to do? They aren't trying to change your mind. They are trying to prepare you for what you're going to face. I'll not argue with you that your life was tough, but think of what they went through, of what your dad must have gone through. They've seen war. And not to belittle what you've had to endure, but the reality of war is far more, I'm sure, than anything we can imagine.
You aren't the only person who has gone through hardships. I've had my share. There's a young, future Marine who is having trouble getting her parents' support and permission to join, and I'm sure there are more who we don't know about. But these things are irrelevent. I'm not here to compare biceps with other poolees, and certainly not with the Marines. Don't try to compare your life with theirs. No one here is trying to make themselves seem more important than you, or less. You've got to get past the thrashing, the harsh words, and find the real meaning in what they're saying. It doesn't matter if they like you or not, or if you like what they have to say to you. But listen to their advice. It's going to be the best knowledge you can get before boot camp. Be thankful they don't sugar coat it for you. Do you think you'll be able to tell your Drill Instructor about your "hardships" when he or she is in your face yelling? You aren't a Marine yet, but if you hope to be one, maybe it's time to try to model your life after them. Be tough, take what they say to heart without trying to explain yourself every other post and move on.

DawnMarie
01-22-03, 06:49 PM
NICELY SAID KRIPLETT but thats not what the point of this post was .. im not trying to explain anything im just stating whats in my heart ..

SHOOTER1
01-22-03, 09:29 PM
Keep going guys, your gitting there,as bones said, if you can take a licking, and keep on ticking, you can become Marines. Talley Ho.

DawnMarie
01-23-03, 04:53 PM
Im not gonna talk shi t , thank you for taking your time to write me , I apprecaite your input im not trying to argue with anyone I guess it looks that way .. if it counts for anything Im sorry
I guess it seems like I have a answer to everything its becuase im learning from youll .. so im sorry

jellybean

wrbones
01-23-03, 05:31 PM
DawnMarie, would you shut up and listen once in awhile?

If yer mouth is runnin' ya ain't learnin' a thing.

You don't appreciate anyone else's input and you are trying to argue all the time.

Earle Comstock
01-23-03, 05:42 PM
Then why don't you just shut that hole of yours instead of commenting , your to stupid to realize that what he wanted was a response . You just fell into his trap ! Now don't you feel just like Homer Simpson . Duh .:p

Earle Comstock
01-23-03, 05:45 PM
You beat me to it Bones , I got a phone call from the Ole Lady right in the middle of writting it .

wrbones
01-23-03, 05:47 PM
I feel like Homer just tryin to get thru to some of these kids! DOH!

We got some good kids runnin around, but now and then.......

Earle Comstock
01-23-03, 06:49 PM
I personally hope she gets a short little D.I. with a Napolean complex . You know the one I'm talking about , the one whose knuckles scrape the ground when he walks or stands at attention . He's...

DawnMarie
01-23-03, 07:19 PM
lol i dont have a ship out date yet .. I 'LL INFORM YOU ALL when i do ..

Well i know im hard headed and have thick skin so dont worry about me ill be fine in the Corps once i learn the ropes and how to respond to things i dont think ill have a problem .. So good night guys thanks for comments .. :)

jellybean

Shaffer
01-23-03, 07:44 PM
DawnMarie,

Please email or PM your recruiters name and phone number. We work with the Marine Corps Recruiting Command and I would like to talk with him a bit.

Thank you.
Jerry

USMC0311
01-23-03, 08:00 PM
A woman Marine that I have become friends with said once. "when we went in the Corps we did it because we had the desire to do so, no matter wtf anyone else said, thought or did. She was telling me ...The Corps is a Life style a profession, a commitment.

short and sweet!!!!!

Nobody tells ya who to love. Don't expect to know wtf the Love of the Corps until you give up yer ass to the Marine Corps.
Nobody pays yer dues. The Corps Builds Marines. You gotta wanna "Do It" though.

All this rhetoric is nuthing more than seeking attention through communication.
I think if you ask a question you deserve an answer IF there is someone that WANTS to answer it.

I do apologize again for posting on the poolee thread. I made the mistake of not looking before I leaped last time and I'm tryin to clean it up.

Good Luck

please Don't take me wrong... my opinion is:

If you are Not A Marine they ain't a friggin thing I can imagine you'd be good for.

Earle Comstock
01-23-03, 08:17 PM
Maybe 1 thing , I'm getting empty .:p

USMC0311
01-23-03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Earle Comstock
Maybe 1 thing , I'm getting empty .:p

Thanks Marine...thats my point EXACTLY...

If ya can't get it yerself....ya don't want it bad enough

Semper Fi, Corporal Comstock