PDA

View Full Version : Looking to become a Marine, but I got tons of questions...

NJR0688
09-27-06, 01:41 PM
Well, pretty much like everyone else. But, here's the thing I'm looking to become a Marine. There's a couple issues I need to address though. I recently dropped out of High School, but in the...

outlaw3179
09-27-06, 02:14 PM
Talk to a recruiter theyll answer your questions. But ill be honest , if you were going into the army nasty guard and failed the whiz quiz, then you got busted for possesion , well ..that kind of shows a pattern. The Marines are probably not going going to be falling all over themselves trying to get you to enlist.

NJR0688
09-27-06, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured that, too. But, honestly sobriety feels so much better and I know I'm not going to make the same mistake as before. :cry: .

outlaw3179
09-27-06, 02:22 PM
Still like I said, Im not a recruiter and I dont know everything, but I think if you can show that your trying to better yourself , and are making an improvement, and serious about joining then maybe. So go and talk to one. They might not be able to help you now because your still on on Probation but theyll at least be able to tell what steps you need to take, what actions you need to accomplish and be able to offer you better advice. Good luck kid.

NJR0688
09-27-06, 02:33 PM
Thanks. :thumbup: But, yea, I have talked to a recruiter. He pretty much told me that I would have to wait for the probation, and to get my college credits. I did talk to SSGT. Marsielle in my old HS, and we looked over some MOS', but I still didn't get a real idea of the jobs I was interested in. Looking into going to sum of the profiles they have at the recruit center.

GySgtRet
09-27-06, 02:46 PM
Your ACD (Adjournment Contemplating Dismissel) is a bad mark. The wya that the Marine Corps looks at it you have been incarserated. You weren't behind bars but an ACD is a deal with the judge,...

cplbrooks
09-28-06, 11:35 AM
NJRO, i know that we all have done dumb $hit when we were young but sometimes those things can permenantly shut certain doors in our lives. Unfortunately a few of your choices seems to have really...

NJR0688
09-28-06, 12:38 PM
Yea, I know, I didn't think about my decisions until now. Kinda makes me regret it, d'oh! :scared: I believe I was d'qed for NJARNG for about 6 months and then I could re-enlist or something like...

cplbrooks
09-28-06, 03:01 PM
How old were you when you got the possession charge? Were you actually in the guard when you failed the drug test? Also, is there any way to get back into school to get that HS diploma?

elmo65
09-28-06, 05:52 PM
Last time I knew drug abuse is not tolerated in the Marines

NJR0688
09-28-06, 06:16 PM
I had just turned 18 when I got the charge, which wasn't one of my happiest highlights of my life. The Guard has enlistment where u swear in and take an oath, I even went to one of the drills, but...

cplbrooks
09-28-06, 08:48 PM
what type of discharge did they give you? Bad conduct, dishonorable, other than honorable?

NJR0688
09-29-06, 12:02 AM
Never said it, I just got this paper from D.O.D. that said I was disqualified, I might have to take another look at it. But, yeah, it didn't say anything. Maybe I should get my discharge papers,...