PDA

View Full Version : I am Taylor's mom

MarineMomB
09-26-06, 11:28 PM
I need to thank all that have responded to Taylor's threads in here, and for such wonderful words.

I have brought her here to read these. When I told her that her story was on this site, she got this big beautiful smile. As we read the responses together, she was so proud. When she read the one that said people like her are the reason why Marines are willing to sacrifice their lives, she actually cried.

In the coming weeks,there are many things in the works for Taylor that will include her being an Honorary Marine for life. While her condition will never allow her to actually join the Corp, what is being done for her, it will give her the courage she needs to fight the many battles she needs to. Now that she knows she has the USMC with her, these battles are going to be fought with courage. In her heart and soul, she IS a Marine and an American Warrior. The outpouring to her has been overwhelming. I have had retired Marines as well as active call and email me from all over. No one will EVER be able to tell me that the Marines are not the best we have to offer!

I am so proud of my daughter, her love for her country and her love for her military. I am so proud to say, I am a Marine Mom!

THANK YOU for taking the time for my daughter, and THANK YOU for being who you are and what you have done in the past, what you are all doing now and for what you will do in the future for this country.

A forever grateful Mom

GySgtRet
09-27-06, 05:48 AM
If only us adults could have the courage that Taylor has. She is an inspiration to us all. We have kids of our own either grownup completely or little ones. It helps me to strive to do better in everything that I do.

Thank you for having such a great daughter...!!!

dsmom85
09-28-06, 10:14 AM
I work with Taylor's aunt, Jodie. What an inspiration Taylor is to everyone!!

Taylor's story encourages all and I must mention how special her aunt is, as well! My son is a recently deployed Marine and I also have 7 adopted Soldiers/Marines. Jodie has been the most generous, caring, and thoughtful co-worker anyone could ever ask for. From the very beginning she has been my biggest supporter. What drive and determination this wonderful family has been blessed with!

It will be an honor to attend the ceremony next month when Taylor's dream is officially recognized.......Once A Marine, Always A Marine!

OOH RAH TAYLOR, OOH RAH

Osotogary
09-28-06, 10:41 AM
It's time for the Visine! It's a darn good feeling letting out a tear out or two for a story such as this. Darn allergies.

suw
10-04-06, 09:46 AM
Hi, PLEASE HELP ME SELL THESE CALENDARS & FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. View www.arbroath.tv (http://www.arbroath.tv)
Royal Marines have posed for a calendar in aid of Morgan Doyle aged 4 who suffers from Leighs Syndrome, an illness so rare that only 6 people in the UK suffer from it, the outlook is not good for sufferers but Morgans family are however encouraged by her fighting spirit. The calendar will also benefit The Marek Memorial Fund, Marek was a young Czech man murdered in Arbroath in July 2005 by a drug addict for a few pounds. The Marek Memorial Fund helps worthwhile causes in the area. The Royal Marines posed for their photos less than 48 hours before they went to Afghanistan which meant they gave up valuable free time with their families before going to war. The calendar can be viewed at www.arbroath.tv (http://www.arbroath.tv/)
People can send their orders for the calendar to
PO BOX 15, ARBROATH. SCOTLAND. DD11 1AZ.
The cost is 14 us dollars per calendar including postage & packing.
Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to Marek Appeal.
Regards Sue Smith .Winner of Big Hearted Scot Of Year Award 2006.