PDA

View Full Version : A TEXICAN speaks his mind, his heart his soul:

booksbenji
09-25-06, 08:39 PM
Friends and relatives,

It's 3:40am in Texas and I can't sleep. Welcome to my world. I tried to watch TV, but it just ****es me off. I don't know if I'm just getting old or if I'm just sick and tired of all the BS that goes on in our world. It's all over the news, the Pope is being asked to step down because he said something negative about Islam. Boo ****ing hoo! I don't know the Pope, but I don't believe the man has a bad bone in his body. Who in their right mind hasn't said something negative about Islam? Hmmmm, I think everybody has seen a pattern from Radical Islamic Fundamentalist, but God forbid you say anything to hurt their feelings! Almost every terrorist attack in the past 20 yrs has been from these idiots.

There's a demographic pattern and we, as Americans, would we completely ignorant to ignore this. In my opinion, every Arab looking male in the US would be subject to search in every airport, federal building or 7-Eleven. If the police were looking for a terrorist that fit my description, I'd expect to get searched a few times a day. I may not like it, but that's the way it goes. Political correctness has given way to complete stupidity.

I'm not a huge Bush fan, but it's time we supported our president rather than condemn him for mispronouncing a few words. He may have went from Yale to Y'all, but that's just the way we talk in Texas and if the rest of the world doesn't like it, then they can kiss our big belt buckle wearin' asses! If anything, Bubba Dubya isn't kicking enough ass in Iraq and Aghanistan. If anybody in this country thinks that these two countries aren't a good start then you're in la-la land. Did you watch TV on 9/11/2001? If history tells us anything, it's that it repeats itself. I don't believe that it might happen again, I know it will. No, I don't want it to happen - don't get crazy.

However, In my opinion, it's not a matter of "if" but "when". I thought John Kerry was a fine candidate, but I didn't vote for him. I thought he was too much of a pussy. Could you imagine being the President of the United States at this time? We need somebody with pointy boots that's not afraid to put that boot in somebody's ass when they threaten our way of life. Will we catch 'em all? Probably not. We'll be fighting this "war" for a long time.

What will we do if these idiots get ahold of a nuke? Will hollywood still call our President a murderer when we level one of these countries? I'm sure they will 'cause that's what liberals do. In case you're wondering, my political views are dead center. Some things I'm liberal and others I'm quite conservative. I never vote Republican or Democrat, I vote for whoever makes sense. I thought Kerry made sense, but he was too whiny. I thought Bush made less sense, but he comes off like an ass-kicker. If I were in a bar fight I'd rather that Bush had my back than Kerry.

I know that there's good people in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran, but I also think that there's a huge majority of them that are just ****ing crazy! That's part of the problem. If we knock-off the leaders, there's a million other crazy asses just achin' to take their place. Have you seen the Presidents of Iran and Venezuela lately? Both crazy as hell! I don't think that Venezuelans are bad people, but organizations tend to take on the personalities of their leaders. What's up with this guy?

I'm sorry, but anybody that bad mouths the US just isn't on my Christmas list anymore. I can't love and embrace everybody, not that I ever did. I'm an American. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but I don't have to like it and I can tell you to shut the hell up. I expect some countries to hate us. We're the only super power left. Russia was easy to hate, but they filed chapter 11. What other country could handle the responsibility that the US has taken on? What other country could you trust with this responsibility? I can think of none, well maybe Australia and that's only because I'm still emotional about the Crocodile Hunter.

If people hate this country so much, why do they keep coming here? I work for a high-tech company, so we attract talent from all over the globe. I have worked with individuals from every continent, but I am amazed when they bad mouth our country. A little over a year ago, I had to take an engineer aside and tell him to keep his opinions to himself. He is from Iran and just loved 9/11 and thought that we deserved it. You can imagine the anger that he stirred. I work for a publicly traded company, so it's not acceptable to take him outside and give him a beating, but that's exactly what I wanted to do. Instead, I had to take him aside and tell him that his behavior was unacceptable and that it instigated a hostile work environment. My company fired him and I was glad, not only because of his words and sentiment, but because he never bathed. I have a small office and I can only hold my breath so long.

For those huggy, feely people that are upset at the treatment of the prisoners in Guatanamo Bay, please shut up and sleep tight. These men are ruthless killers and the worst kind: they believe that their God is smiling down on them for their deeds. Do you think that they just woke up one day and realized that they're radical extremists? No. They're bred this way, which means that there are generations upon generations of these people. Ask your Grandfather, if he's still alive, what ended WWII. I'll save you the trouble: a bullet in Hitlers head, Nagasoki and Hiroshima. Guess what: both countries got over it. I'd love it if fifty years from now if we're buying great, dependable cars from Iraq. However, there's only one way that'll happen: if we kill as many of the bad guys as possible and change their way of thinking. I know, fat chance. Warn your children... they'll still be fighting this war when they're adults. Hold on, this is just the beginning. These people have changed our way of life, threatened our sanctity and torn our country down the middle. I've just had it. I'm ready to put on a uniform, again, and wipe 'em out. Sound crazy? So be it...

I need some aspirin and some sleep. It's 5:20am in Texas, time to wake up America.

Thank you for reading my thoughts as I burn the midnight oil. Like it, pass it on... if not, then delete it and mutter to yourself how I've lost my mind.

Robert
Round Rock, Texas

---------------------------------------------------
Robert speaks of which I have felt for many years, I think y'all will feel the same after reading the ltr. Robert is John Q. Public, a joe that works everyday, earning a living for his family, enjoy a beer or drink or not, goes church or not. Mows the lawn once a wk, may have served in the Armed Forces (I can from the ltr he did), may call his folks and check up on 'em or visit their graves once in awhile. He is no different from you or me. He had the courage to write it out.

Ben Weihrich

http://www.thesquadbay.com/forum2/Smileys/default/handsalute.png

shmily0311
09-26-06, 07:58 AM
:thumbup: Ben that was a great one. If more people understood this way of thinking we would all be in a better place. If more people understood we wouldn't have all of the protesters of the war today. They just don't understand that if we sat back and just did nothing that one day they would have no say in the way things are done in this country. God Bless all of our soliders at home and abroad, and God bless all of the people who support them. From the Heart of Texas.

booksbenji
09-26-06, 08:13 AM
" THE COST OF FREEDOM CAN NOT BE STATED IN DOLLARS AND CENTS, BUT IN THE WHITE CROSSES OVER GRAVES OF THOSE WHO FOUGHT, THE MISSING LIMBS OF THOSE WHO FOUGHT AND IN THER HEARTS OF WHO FOUGHT AND LIVED YET STILL WOUNDED."

Ben Weihrich