PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back!!

Rdy2gopoolie
09-23-06, 10:20 AM
Just got back. Just wanted to say thanks to the ones who gave me info before i left. And its nice to be home.

Barret
09-23-06, 10:24 AM
Congratulations, Pfc. Worthington. You've given us poolees here even more pride and motivation, sir.

devildoghopeful
09-23-06, 10:42 AM
Nice going MARINE! How was boot?

The Sandman
09-23-06, 11:02 AM
Welcome Back, Congratulations Marine

Master Sephiroth
09-23-06, 12:21 PM
Welcome back Marine

His_angel
09-23-06, 01:13 PM
Welcome home Marine. Now you just need to change your s/n so you don't still have a poolie name. Congrats on the PFC!

You ain't changed your name yet?!?! Move it! Move It! Move It! Too slow. Get back! :D

Marine84
09-23-06, 02:15 PM
You just shipped Aug 7 and you're BACK already? AND with a stripe?

The Sandman
09-23-06, 02:17 PM
It says that is also his graduation date. Perhaps a communication error on his part?

hawks
09-23-06, 02:24 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30980

Rdy2gopoolie
09-23-06, 08:04 PM
Thanks hawks. And Thanks everyone its great to be back. And it is the weirdest feeling to have someone say thanks and the looks. And its just weird. Boot Camp was a challenge but i enjoyed it. Although its nice to get out and see family and what not. Anyways How do I change the S/N? Also for the poolies please ask questions. Its fresh in my memory although our company was a "test platform" for a new schedule and new equipment and stuff like that so it is probally alot different of an experience then other graduates. Thanks again. Its an awesome feeling to have earned the title!

LEADEROFMARINES
09-23-06, 08:12 PM
Congrats PFC! Always give 110% and you'll be find. Be a plus to my Marine Corps. Always remember those who came before you. Stay moto! Enjoy your leave. Semper Fidelis. :iwo:

outlaw3179
09-23-06, 08:48 PM
Explanation

Well, found out today that my ship date was officially moved up to June 26th. Much sooner then August 7th. Very happy but have alot to do. And I have to go to MEPS again because I had a root canal done and a fractured leg when I was a kid that I forgot about. I hope they dont boot me out. I dont know. Anyways thanks everyone for all of your motovation and information. See you all in a few months as I dont think I will be on the internet much before I leave. Thanks again.

quillhill
09-23-06, 08:49 PM
Didn't you just leave? Holy cow, the time flies!
Congratulations, Marine! Glad to see you back. Enjoy your leave.

hawks
09-23-06, 09:25 PM
Sorry PFC, I forgot to say congratulations too!

Marine84
09-23-06, 09:45 PM
OK Outlaw - I'm on the same program now. Welcome home devil pup!

MackMaster
09-23-06, 11:09 PM
Congratulations on your accomplishment.
<O:p
That would be great if you could tell us what it was like. I mostly want to know about the physical stuff. Was it really that hard? Or do you think the mental stuff was harder with all the things you had to learn and memorize? What was the hardest part of the whole experience? Or was it really just a breeze and were all just getting all worked up and scared for nothing? I see you are a PFC, does this mean you were meritoriously promoted, were you the squad leader? Was that hard? How many people in your squad got 300 on the PFT, how many got expert with the rifle? Are these really that hard? Do you have any special advice? Sorry for all the questions but as you can probably tell I’m really worked up over this whole boot camp thing and I just want to hear the strait truth from someone who just did it.
<O:p
Congratulations again and I hope you enjoy what lies ahead.

Mama
09-23-06, 11:12 PM
Welcome Home!

Congratulations Marine, you did it!

Thank you :)

yellowwing
09-23-06, 11:43 PM
Welcome to The Corps. You are one of us now. Where ever life takes you, you can now proudly tell the world that you are a United States Marine. Whether they understand or not they will know you are something different, your attitude and bearing will tell them you are a cut above the rest.

Semper Fi

rozzlinnenas
09-24-06, 12:59 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!

What stuff did you experience as a "test platform" for a new schedule and new equipment?

HopefulGrunt2Be
09-24-06, 02:06 AM
did u just graduate with Charlie? If so then we graduated together. i was in 1019

Rdy2gopoolie
09-24-06, 07:40 AM
Mackmaster- I defenintly understand the questions. As far as the learning and memorization stuff i learned alot of that stuff before i even went in which makes it soooo much easier. The physical stuff was a challenge for me was hard because i wasnt in good physical shape but they work you up and you just cant quit and youll be all good. The hardest part was BWT . It definently isnt just a breeze but if you have a mindset of just "im at boot camp and this is how it is and everything happens for a reason, even tho i dont understand why im holing my left arm up for an hour. " youll be all good. I wasnt meritoriously promotoed i had jrotc so i contracted fc. For our platoon it wasnt hard to get squad leader or guide you just had to challenge them in drill and not be a screw up. I didnt like it becasue you get QD and Pit'd alot. Out of our company we only had one 300 pfter. Thats out of 520 something recruits. I got a 226 i think 11 pull ups, 140 situps, and a 24 min 3 mile. Thats up from 3 pull ups, 110 situps, and like a 29 min 3 mile. Very few of us got expert. There was like 10 out of 90. I got it. If you pay attention to the PMI's you will shoot expert. If they tell you your wrong, you probally are. Alot of recruits would give an attitude like "i know what im doing" and they didnt get expert. Swim qual is very difficult after CWS-4. They only go up to CWS-2 which is what i got. And that was VERY hard. As far as advice i would say just stay awake during ALL of the classes. Makes everything alot easier in the end when you have payed attention. Also do what your told and exactly what your told and when you are told to do it. You get in trouble alot less. I never got IT'd individually only with the whole platoon :P Dont be sorry for the questions ask everything you can. And dont be worked up you just have to go in there and take it for what it is. Its not a vacation its boot camp

HopefulGrunt2Be- What was your graduation date? i think you were a week ahead of us. I graduated Fox Co. 2nd BN. 2076.

rozzlinnenas- We were among the first to be out at feild and weapons training battallion for 4 weeks instead of 2. We fired the SAW and AT-4 sim which is also new. Alot of the events were switched around on the schedule that you can find on the internet. We got all Brand new equipment and we wore a camel pak instead of canteens. Just small stuff like that but i made for ALOT of confusion and Adapt and overcome. and our platoon also had 8 different Drill Instructors Which made for alot of changes and difficulties.

MackMaster
09-24-06, 09:37 AM
Thank alot for all the helpful info, but I have to admit that I'm having a bit of truble understanding it...
What is BWT?
What is QD and Pit'd?
What is a PMI?
What is CWS-4, CWS-2? How do you get this?
What is IT'd?
Where can I go to learn the stuff in advance like you did?

Thanks again for the info, this is really putting my mind to ease.

Achped
09-24-06, 09:42 AM
Thank alot for all the helpful info, but I have to admit that I'm having a bit of truble understanding it...
What is BWT?
What is QD and Pit'd?
What is a PMI?
What is CWS-4, CWS-2? How do you get this?
What is IT'd?
Where can I go to learn the stuff in advance like you did?

Thanks again for the info, this is really putting my mind to ease.
Basic Warrior Training (Basically out in the field for a few days)
Quarter Deck, the (sand) Pit (Where they punish you)
Primary Marksmanship Instructor?
Swimming at different levels, CWS 4 is swimming in cammies with no boots, CWS 3 is like with boots and a jacket, CWS 2 is like boots, flak jacket, helmet, CWS 1 is boots, rifle, flak jacket, helmet...stuff like that
Intense Torture ;)

I figure I'll give the new Marine some help, as he's probably getting alot of "Rack PT", I just learned this stuff a few days ago with a Marine that got back here.

jryanjack
09-24-06, 09:55 AM
Congrats Marine! Welcome to the brotherhood!

Rdy2gopoolie
09-24-06, 10:08 AM
Thats pretty good achped. Just to add a little. BWT is out at Page Field which you will be well aquainted with. PMI is primary Marksmanship Instructor, they are the ones that teach you how to shoot and coaches help you while you are on the firing line. CWS is combat water survival. cws 4 is cammies with no boots and a 10 foot platform and a total of like 75 meter swim. cws 3 is same thing with boots, then you put on an alice pack,flak jacket, and kevlar and get a mock M-16 and walk 50 meters then swim like a total of 75 meters (this is where everyone cramps so eat alot of bannanas and such that day. anything with potassium) Then you jump of the 5 foot platform. ( So far this is i think how it was. This last bit might of been CWS 2) Anyways the rest of cws 2 is you swim 100 meters with just a flak jacket and kevlar and cammies and boots then you drage a victim holding two alice packs across the pool which is 25 meters. CWS1 i believe is you have to rescue someone from the bottom of the pool and they try to keep you down and freak you out. IT is affectionatly known as intense torture but it is incentive training. Rack PT was funny as hell. Thats just after lights they would have us doing push ups or sit ups or whatever. To learn, this website and just ask people like me and the other Marines and poolies and the links that are on this website.

rozzlinnenas
09-24-06, 01:39 PM
Thanks....

What is your MOS?

Rdy2gopoolie
09-24-06, 01:59 PM
Aviation Electrician Tech. Yours?

Brass
09-24-06, 09:34 PM
First of all, Congratulations.

Whats the one thing that you had in your mind before you went, that once you were there that idea was blown out of the water? In a good or bad way.

Aviation Electrician Tech. huh? What's that all about? Fixing the instruments and such in planes/helicopters?

EDIT:
140 situps They count the situps after 100 and add that to your PFT? I was under the impression the best you could do was 100/100.

Rdy2gopoolie
09-24-06, 11:28 PM
I really felt like i was in a dream. until the DI's woke us up. Hehe. They do only count up to 100 for points but the more you can do the merrier. Helps if you want Ironman as well.

Brass
09-25-06, 12:45 AM
Helps if you want Ironman as well.

What is this?

Thanks for the response.

Kildars
09-25-06, 01:09 AM
Welcome back Marine, I knew you'd make it. I'm still trying to get in -- GRRR!

Anyways, enjoy your leave.

Congratulations again, PFC.

Camper51
09-25-06, 12:16 PM
Welcome aboard Marine. Enjoy your tour in the Corps.

Dave

rb1651
09-25-06, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood, Marine!

His_angel
09-25-06, 12:33 PM
Sorry. Never had to change mine but I know some others here have. Might want to msg one of the mods since no one else spoke up on how to do it.

HopefulGrunt2Be
09-26-06, 01:29 AM
i just graduated friday (sept 22), and fox is 2 weeks behind us, so either ur confused about your company or u have some explaining o do.

Rdy2gopoolie
09-27-06, 07:44 AM
http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/grad_dates.htm

Did you go to PI? This is the graduation schedule. Don't tell me I was confused about what company I just graduated from. Thanks.

Marine84
09-27-06, 12:09 PM
I can't BELIEVE that you 2 are MARINES now and STILL haven't changed your status - go to the homepage and right at the very top (it's the first thing you see) it says "PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO UPDATE YOUR STATUS".

This way you get to come in the house and talk to the big dogs (Marine ONLY forums) and you don't have to hang out with the poolees all day.

NOW GO!

jinelson
10-01-06, 01:23 PM
Congratulations Marines I have requested that admin upgrade both of your memberships to Marine.

Semper Fi

Jim

Echo5November
10-02-06, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the Corps, Marine