PDA

View Full Version : If this doesnt motivate you then nothing will

cplbrooks
09-23-06, 08:55 AM
http://www.campaignsitebuilder.com/user/brooksforsenateadelphianet/download/marines%20silent%20drill%20platoon.wmv

Click on this link. Some of you may have seen this before.

The Sandman
09-23-06, 11:07 AM
Yeah it's been shown here plenty, but never enough. I like the part when he says, "It [the platoon] executes a ten minute drill the exemplifies the strict dicipline that identifies ALL Marines." Thats moto. Plus it starts out with the "Meat Grinder" which I don't believe everyone appreciates. Those guys at attention have a bayonet swinging infront of their chest and behind their back and they make it look like anyone could do it. Amazing!

devildoghopeful
09-23-06, 12:17 PM
I remember seeing it in D.C. this summer (Evening Parade at 8th and I) I was totally blown away. I filmed it on camcorder and when I watched it later I realised I couldn't show it to any of my parents friends due to the constant awed whispering of "Holy sh**!" and "F*** me!"
As the Sandman mentioned, no-one with me really appreciated the 'meat grinder' as much as they should have - there are bayonets whizzing inches from the Marines' noses and chests...scary but I guess those rifles and bayonets are being handled by United States Marines, what could go wrong?

Accord
09-24-06, 03:10 PM
I got to see them when I went to Washington, D.C. last month at the Sunset Parade in front of the Iwo Jima memorial, it was spectacular.

devildoghopeful
09-25-06, 05:49 AM
It's incredible isn't it? I sat there and I'm told I had a HUGE grin on my face the entire time!