PDA

View Full Version : Being sent all the way to division!

SkilletsUSMC
09-22-06, 07:07 PM
Oorah Marines,

I am a Corporal with 1/1 and have about 1yr left on my contract. I have just recently returned form Iraq, and have learned that I will be sent to 1MARDIV, because I do not have enough time to make a full deployment with my battalion. I was shocked, because I figured they would either cross deck me to another battalion and redeploy, or send me to 1st Marines to do camp services.

I have been told I will be mowing lawns and such, but I feel they want to cross deck me to 5th or 7th Marines. Any informed Marines, or Marines with a good guess?

Thank you.

Kegler300
09-23-06, 01:44 PM
Why wouldn't they send you to Base if you're no longer deployable since you're not going to reenlist? We have many Marines fapped to us from Division because they are too short to deploy. Most end up with PMO to augment the MP's at the gates, etc. I have a wounded warrior working for me right now, who is a grunt by trade, but has more administrative/computer skills than some of the 01's that have worked for me in the past.

SkilletsUSMC
09-23-06, 05:31 PM
Oorah master Gunnery Sgt.

Thank you for the reply to my post. I had no idea what division does, or if it where you go to Cross-deck to a new Regiment.

I have not yet decided if I will re-enlist. Funny thing is that all the NCOs were asked to extend, and the ones who said no, (all) are being sent to division. All the guys who are still LCpls are going to 1st Marine regiment.

There are a lot of rumors going arround about cross-decking, which makes sense due to the high opp-tempo of the Marine Corps. But I have yet to actually meet someone who has been cross-decked.

I dont consider myself a turd. I was mertoriously promoted to Cpl in Iraq, and a part of me wants to go back and get-some with a new Regiment. That being said, I am also married, and my wife and family practically had a nervous breakdown last time I deployed.

I guess not knowing what is comming next is the part I dont like.

Born Invincible
09-28-06, 04:37 AM
the best person to ask about ur status is ur 1stSgt. He is the senior man in your company and probably knows some contacts in Division. Division is base. Since you are on camp pendleton you can get "stuck" in many jobs. Being out of the grunts is an eye opening experience that could lead to re-enlistment and a possible lat move. Regardless of your choice keep up the good work that worked in Iraq and you can use your new job as a spring board for success in your next.