PDA

View Full Version : Just want to remind everyone

DaveXIII90
09-19-06, 09:36 AM
Alright, listen to me poolees/wannabes- this is very important. A few years ago, with my mothers help of pointing it out and reminding me about it, I realized that I often would slouch and not keep a nice straight posture. Every day now, I pay attention to my posture-and this will be important for bootcamp, or anything else in life for that matter. But just remember, we will be made and shaped into United States Marines- but, you gotta be healthy. Please, all of you just remember to not slouch, because if you dont already have back issues by the time you get to MCRD, youll feel it when your out there for the whole day. So, I just wanted to remind everyone about that, because I realized that it is a very bad habit and is one that could also destroy your chances of being a Marine.

Static_Sky25
09-19-06, 10:39 AM
but you should also keep yourself in a good posture for pride. Your a class apart from most folks your age, youve taken a mighty challenge and you should reflect that in your everyday posture and character. So carry yourselves with pride. :thumbup:

JWG
09-19-06, 04:48 PM
Read and HEED this words, my Brothers and Sisters.. words of advice that is GOLDEN!

WJason777
09-19-06, 11:50 PM
I notice that i do that alot while typing. Its a very bad habit. When i work i never have back pain or anything so i think i will be fine.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-20-06, 12:03 AM
Good advice... except for the part about pain. I don't get that at all. I slouched all the time and it never caused any pain.

DaveXIII90
09-20-06, 09:23 AM
Well what I meant about pain was that if you continue to do it, depending on how much you slouch, it may hurt in the long run...its different for everybody- like you said, you didnt have any pain..but some people may, or may not. Either way, it can affect you one way or another if you do it too much.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-20-06, 10:43 AM
Regardless of pain, it will keep you from getting yelled at by DIs. I went through that for a week or so at MCRD. I didn't have a problem standing up tall after that.

PooleeJon23
09-21-06, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I definately need to work on that. Thankfully I have til July 9, 2007 when I leave for boot camp, but I definately need to start working on that now. Maybe I'll just tell certain kids at school to remind me whenever they notice or something.